Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JETS CUTS / 53 MAN ROSTER

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mrcoops]Cimini takes a stab at projecting the 22 cuts in his blog today:

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/[/url]

Interesting stuff - he predicts that Dyson gets traded or even cut. He also says that the Jets are shopping TE Sean Ryan in trade talks - good news for Pociask and Kowalewski.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if McCariens is part of a trade now that he reworked his contract?

And from Cimini's blog---no mention of cutting Dyson.....Cimini's remark of Cavka lacks class....

CB Andre Dyson -- Just a hunch. Chance they could trade him.

OT Marko Cavka -- A two-time loser.
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-01-2007 at 03:07 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think S Raymond Ventrone makes it...just a hunch

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone please update the thread title when the cuts are in :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting stuff - he predicts that Dyson gets traded or even cut. He also says that the Jets are shopping TE Sean Ryan in trade talks - good news for Pociask and Kowalewski.[/QUOTE]
    Cimin already showed that he cannot read - why do you think his writings hold any water?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart]I wonder if McCariens is part of a trade now that he reworked his contract?

And from Cimini's blog---no mention of cutting Dyson.....Cimini's remark of Cavka lacks class....

CB Andre Dyson -- Just a hunch. Chance they could trade him.

OT Marko Cavka -- A two-time loser.[/QUOTE]

The whole blog is predicting the 22 guys he think get cut, so Dyson is included. But he also says he may get traded, which I think would be more likely.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mrcoops]The whole blog is predicting the 22 guys he think get cut, so Dyson is included. But he also says he may get traded, which I think would be more likely.[/QUOTE]

You're right. My error. I'll run my lap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting stuff - he predicts that Dyson gets traded or even cut. He also says that the Jets are shopping TE Sean Ryan in trade talks - good news for Pociask and Kowalewski.[/QUOTE]There is no way Dyson's getting cut.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart]You're right. My error. I'll run my lap.[/QUOTE]

:D

No problem. If Cimini ran a lap every time he made a mistake, he'd be a marathon champion by now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]I know there will be a flurry of posts about the Jets final cuts when they have been announced, so let's try to keep that discussion all in one thread .. [B][COLOR=Green]THIS ONE[/COLOR][/B] .. and this is where you can list the names when they're announced

That will make it easier for everyone to follow, as opposed to having a million different threads about THIS GUY WAS CUT and THAT GUY WAS CUT .. Just keep it all in this thread and we won't have to work so hard ;)

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Nah. I think I'll need to start a separate thread for each cut, possibly even two threads for one player if it's a surprise cut! Then I'll start another Sign That Beast thread for each player from opposing teams who are cut.

Today's the day fellas....who's with me in making the mods earn their keep? Merge...Merge....Merge... :D ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Ryan. I knew nothing about him when he first came to the team, but he has had a monster preseason and has shown good signs. I would very much like to keep him as the #2 TE behind Baker.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would really like to see Ray Ventrone make the team. Kid has had some very nice hits and always seems to be around the ball on special teams. I don't remember specifically, but he has some monster hits in a few games.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    After watching the last preseason game myself this afternoon, I would submit these observations......

1) Mike Devito - I think this guy gets a spot somewhere. I don't believe they let him go. Whether it it's the final 53 or the practice squad, this guy isn't going anywhere.

2) CJ Mosley - This guy came through just in time. I think Mangini holds on to him even if it's just for depth sake.

3) Chansi Stuckey - This guy not only looks like a steal in the draft he could POSSIBLY turn out to be the best pick of the 2007 draft. This kid is very versatile. I think he becomes a major part of the offense as the season goes on.

4) Ray Ventrone - Is a very good special teams player, but is that enough? I think it's a harder decision for Mangini than most people realize. I think it's possible (not probable mind you), that Mangini decides to go with Ray Ventrone over Rashad Washington.

DISAPPIONTMENTS from the preseason.....

Andre Wadsworth - It wouls have been a very good story if he makes the team, however I seriously doubt that happens.

The battle for starting safety - I thought that would be an entertaining battle between Smith and Coleman. Instead, Smith gets injured early on and now who knows when this will get all figured out??

CHAD PENNINGTON - He laid an egg during the preseason. Is this a sign that Kellen Clemens number gets called sooner rather than later? He'd better be looking over his shoulder.

Starting Left Guard saga - I had hoped things would work out better with Pete Kendall. I know there isn't many people here who agree with me, but I thought Pete Kendall was a good guy who was wrongfully screwed by the organization. What's worse is that even though Pete probably doesn't want it this way, he could end having the last laugh. Although, Bender looked pretty good Thursday night, he was facing 2nd and 3rd stringers. We could end up in deep SH$T come the regular season. Is it possible we lose ANOTHER two quarterbacks early in the regular season, like 2005?? I truly hope not.......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I am reading right, why the hell was Ware cut?

That link shows the official cuts now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leberfield is reporting Danny Ware is one opf the cuts...I would assume he will be on the practice squad

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    cuts are in:

The Jets announced their cuts today. Here they are:

RB Alvin Banks
    OT Marko Cavka
    CB Manny Collins
    LB Blake Costanzo
    WR Chris Davis
    OT Na'Shan Goddard
    DE Bobby Hamilton
    DE Michael Haynes
    CB Alphonso Hodge
    WR Frisman Jackson
    OL Dominic Moran
    WR Evan Prall
    WR Brett Rafliff
    LB Anthony Schlegel
    S Jamie Thompson
    G Robert Turner
    LB Jason Trusnik
    S Raymond Ventrone
    C Joe Villani
    DE Kimo von Oelhoffen
    LB Andre Wadsworth
    RB Danny Ware

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    From Cimini

Jets Announce Cuts

The Jets announced their cuts today. Here they are:

RB Alvin Banks
    OT Marko Cafka
    CB Manny Collins
    LB Blake Costanzo
    WR Chris Davis
    OT Na'Shan Goddard
    DE Bobby Hamilton
    DE Michael Haynes
    CB Alphonso Hodge
    WR Frisman Jackson
    OL Dominic Moran
    WR Evan Prall
    WR Brett Rafliff
    LB Anthony Schlegel
    S Jamie Thompson
    G Robert Turner
    LB Jason Trusnik
    S Raymond Ventrone
    C Joe Villani
    DE Kimo von Oelhoffen
    LB Andre Wadsworth
    RB Danny Ware

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    HOLY SH$T!! Danny Ware got cut??!! I thought that guy was GUARANTEED a roster spot......

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks like tui made it and all the TEs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Ray Ventrone get assigned to the practice squad.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very surprised Ware was cut. Who is our 3rd back?