Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: JETS CUTS / 53 MAN ROSTER

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]I'm not surprised, and here's why .. look at the Pats, that's where Mangini really learned his trade, and they are notorious for keeping four TE/H-Backs .. people even laugh because they seemingly draft at least one TE/H-Back every year .. I don't know the reason behind it, but there's obviously a reason and that's where Mangini made his bones

In this case I'm thinking Mangini views Tutt as more of a BIG HALFBACK and Pociask as more of a FULLBACK, which would make the other three {Baker, Ryan and Kowalewski} the traditional TE's on the roster with Kowalewski being more of the TE/H-Back

RB
    ==
    Jones
    Washington
    Tutt [COLOR=Red]{RB/FB}[/COLOR]

FB
    ==
    Barnes
    Pociask [COLOR=Red]{FB/H-Back}[/COLOR]

TE
    ==
    Baker
    Ryan
    Kowalewski [COLOR=Red]{TE/H-Back}[/COLOR]

James Dearth is Just a LS and the FO has said that as well .. he may be listed as a TE, but the FO actually said Dearth is just a LS on this team .. I think they said that a few weeks back

I suspect that's what Mangini has in mind, but that's just my best guess[/QUOTE]Exactly the breakdown I was hoping for. Thank you, Hammer.

Kowalewski impressed me in the Vikes game. Glad there is a spot for him.

Regarding BB, he picked a player; I can't remember his name, but Belichick picked him in 2006 Draft. Texas Tech H Back...he did some damage to the Jets last year...

God damn, teach your kids how to run a 4.6 40x, grow them to over 6 foot, and teach them to long snap a beauty.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]I'm not surprised, and here's why .. look at the Pats, that's where Mangini really learned his trade, and they are notorious for keeping four TE/H-Backs .. people even laugh because they seemingly draft at least one TE/H-Back every year .. I don't know the reason behind it, but there's obviously a reason and that's where Mangini made his bones

In this case I'm thinking Mangini views Tutt as more of a BIG HALFBACK and Pociask as more of a FULLBACK, which would make the other three {Baker, Ryan and Kowalewski} the traditional TE's on the roster with Kowalewski being more of the TE/H-Back

RB
    ==
    Jones
    Washington
    Tutt [COLOR=Red]{RB/FB}[/COLOR]

FB
    ==
    Barnes
    Pociask [COLOR=Red]{FB/H-Back}[/COLOR]

TE
    ==
    Baker
    Ryan
    Kowalewski [COLOR=Red]{TE/H-Back}[/COLOR]

James Dearth is Just a LS and the FO has said that as well .. he may be listed as a TE, but the FO actually said Dearth is just a LS on this team .. I think they said that a few weeks back

I suspect that's what Mangini has in mind, but that's just my best guess[/QUOTE]
    Ham, very nice incite and analysis

Jets Insider VIP

No Depth at OT...

It's probably been addressed earlier, but the Jets have no depth at OT. Adrian Jones (lit up by 2nd and 3rd stringers in the Eagles game) is the backup tackle for both the left and right side.

That's troubling.

[QUOTE=SMC]It's probably been addressed earlier, but the Jets have no depth at OT. Adrian Jones (lit up by 2nd and 3rd stringers in the Eagles game) is the backup tackle for both the left and right side.

That's troubling.[/QUOTE]

I'd say the Jets really need 2 OL from the waiver wire. A Guard to take Kendall's position and either another Guard or a Tackle as the top backup.

To make room for them I'd cut Clarke and Jones. Adrian Jones looked like dog **** in the preseason. Maybe the guy never came back from his demotion and DUI last season. And Clarke never did anything when given his chance.

Bender is a much better RT prospect due to his height anyway. So having him sit for a year would allow him to learn pass blocking techniques. I'd much rather have him as a backup T than a starting G this season.

I really believe the whole season comes down to what Tannenbaum does over the next few days. If he hires 1 or 2 vets to shore up the line - the Jets can fight for a playoff spot. If he does nothing - the Jets will win significantly fewer games than last season.

Hall Of Fame
    Yo hamm when did you become a friggen Mod?

[QUOTE=24]

Yo hamm when did you become a friggen Mod?[/QUOTE]
    Oh months ago, 24

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]Oh months ago, 24[/QUOTE]

You sell out! :D I havnt been here much lately. Since the draft

Don't know why we cut 98-Hamilton. He was a solid player late in the game, and cheap to!

[QUOTE=Sean Ryan]Very surprised Ware was cut. Who is our 3rd back?[/QUOTE]

Im not I just didnt see Ware as a solid RB he didnt look that great against 3rd string Eagle defense Stacy Tutt looked alot better running the ball plus he can play both FB and HB. I would have liked to see the Jets pick up a another young RB in the draft but it dint happen. If the Jets loose both Washington and Jones it isnt going to matter if Ware or Tutt both arent good enough to be an every down back. No sense wasting a roster spot on a RB who is below average.

i guess mangini is still looking over the waiver wire and has not picked the 8 yet

[QUOTE=24]

You sell out! :D[/QUOTE]
    :P