Thread: In light of Roster Cuts...

Hall Of Fame

In light of Roster Cuts...

In light of the roster cuts I was trying to think of teams who made a mistake of not re-signing a specific player and honestly the one that came to mind first is Adam Vinatieri.

I know what you're thinking; but this guy wasn't even asking for THAT much and when you throw in the fact that he is a team legend and argueably the most clutch kicker of all-time it seems mind boggling...

not only that, but you let him goto the Colts where a year before a K basically ended their season. The Patriots essentially gave the SB to the Colts last year...that Ravens game was all Vinatieri...the man is clutch and you shouldn't let clutch players go.

That's the biggest one I can think of, any1 got any other ones?

I know some people will say Farrior but the guy wasn't even that good on the Jets soo I'm not a fan of that one but will respect it never-the less.

Huge mistake by SD to cut Harrison.

I love it when teams and fans get on this 'youth' kick. How many times has that led to success inside 3yrs? The pats have capitalized on that trend for years.

SD and NE are still arguably two of the top teams in the AFC. They still have a lot more guys to lose before their seasons go down the drain.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Tailgater]Huge mistake by SD to cut Harrison.

I love it when teams and fans get on this 'youth' kick. How many times has that led to success inside 3yrs? The pats have capitalized on that trend for years.[/QUOTE]

ooo nice one, I never understood why so many 'experts' and even NE fans to an extent felt as though Harrison was garbage before he went to NE...he was always a pro-bowl caliber player on SD.

How about the Ravens letting Priest Holmes goto the Chiefs?

biggest mistake.........ever was 49ers getting rid of Haley to the Cowboys.........that gave them their SB run.

Haley should be in the HOF too. He was a monster in his time.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bongo59]biggest mistake.........ever was 49ers getting rid of Haley to the Cowboys.........that gave them their SB run.

Haley should be in the HOF too. He was a monster in his time.[/QUOTE]

ahh another really good one from way back when

i recently thought of another one although not as big as that:

The redskins letting Stephen Davis go almost resulting in a Carolina SB run.

another one -- was Riggins not re-signed by the Jets or was there some sort of trade, i don't recall exactly, i believe he signed there; because he did wonders on the skins.

The Rams dumping Bettis...although i mean they eventually got faulk...bettis turned into a HOFer on the Steelers.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan]ahh another really good one from way back when

i recently thought of another one although not as big as that:

The redskins letting Stephen Davis go almost resulting in a Carolina SB run.

another one -- was Riggins not re-signed by the Jets or was there some sort of trade, i don't recall exactly, i believe he signed there; because he did wonders on the skins.

The Rams dumping Bettis...although i mean they eventually got faulk...bettis turned into a HOFer on the Steelers.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it the Colts who let Faulk go, after which he signed with St Louis?