Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Practice Squad Predictions

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Practice Squad Predictions

Not that it matters, but it's only for fun. Here's who I think will go on the practice squad:

Danny Ware
    Evan Prall
    Frisman Jackson
    Joe Villani
    Manny Collins
    Raymond "Bubba" Ventrone
    Blake Costanzo
    Jason Trusnik

Side note, my brother went to college with Prall at East Stroudsburg, he's a senior now and Prall was a year ahead of him. Both are phys ed majors, and part of my bro's requirement was to observe a senior student for some teaching stuff. The guy he observed was Prall, and he was bummed to hear he was cut.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RAdragna]Not that it matters, but it's only for fun. Here's who I think will go on the practice squad:

Danny Ware
    Evan Prall
    Frisman Jackson
    Joe Villani
    Manny Collins
    Raymond "Bubba" Ventrone
    Blake Costanzo
    Jason Trusnik

Side note, my brother went to college with Prall at East Stroudsburg, he's a senior now and Prall was a year ahead of him. Both are phys ed majors, and part of my bro's requirement was to observe a senior student for some teaching stuff. The guy he observed was Prall, and he was bummed to hear he was cut.[/QUOTE]
    I spoke to Prall the two times I was at the dorms. What a great charactered guy. He took time after he got dinner for himself to talk to us. He said ALL he had been doing was studying the play book. The guy is a gamer.. and takes his opportunities very seriously.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manny Collins...believe me, I was rooting hard for him as a fellow RU guy, but I would rather someone else get the spot.

He did show flashes at time, but when I saw him drop that easy, easy INT against Philly in the game Thursday, I was just done with him. I know, it's just one play, but he knew he was fighting for his roster life that game, and that play was indicative enough to me that he just doesn't want it bad enough.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHo wants to keep a 107 year old WR

[url]http://www.nfl.com/players/evanprall/profile?id=PRA090618[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    RB Danny Ware
    OT Na'Shan Goddard
    QB Brett Ratliff
    C Joe Villani
    CB Manny Collins
    LB Blake Costanzo
    LB Jason Trusnik
    S Raymond Ventrone

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hope juan wong makes it

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RAdragna]Not that it matters, but it's only for fun. Here's who I think will go on the practice squad:

[B]Danny Ware[/B]
    Evan Prall
    [B]Frisman Jackson[/B]
    Joe Villani
    Manny Collins
    [B]Raymond "Bubba" Ventrone[/B]
    Blake Costanzo
    [B]Jason Trusnik[/B][/QUOTE]
    I'd say these 4 are a lock for the P.S. if someone else doesn't sign them.

The rest are a toss-up.

Did the Guard Robert Turner from New Mexico make the final roster??

Anybody know??

Turner is another guy I thought was a potential sleeper.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-02-2007 at 10:38 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    When does the window open to start signing these guys?
    What kind of $$ does a PS player make?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gagoots]When does the window open to start signing these guys?
    What kind of $$ does a PS player make?[/QUOTE]
    They have to clear waivers without being claimed by another team, which usually takes a few days.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gagoots]When does the window open to start signing these guys?
    What kind of $$ does a PS player make?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the money aspect, but I, like everyone else, know that whenever a player clears waivers he will be eligible to play on the practice squad of any team.

Keep this one in mind: let's say Danny Ware clears and makes the PS for the Jets. Even if he is on the Jets PS, he is still a free agent and can be signed to any team's 53 man roster if they see fit.

Hope this helps.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodKeyWestJetsFan]I'd say these 4 are a lock for the P.S. if someone else doesn't sign them.

The rest are a toss-up.

Did the Guard Robert Turner from New Mexico make the final roster??

Anybody know??

Turner is another guy I thought was a potential sleeper.[/QUOTE]
    Just answered my own question, I went to nyjets.com and saw that Turner was cut.

Robert Turner would be another P.S. candidate if he clears waivers, in my opinion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Brain Hemorrhage]WHo wants to keep a 107 year old WR

[url]http://www.nfl.com/players/evanprall/profile?id=PRA090618[/url][/QUOTE]

He's got skills for a 107 year old WR :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gagoots]What kind of $$ does a PS player make?[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly minor ducats for a professional athlete. $4700 per week or $80,000 per season if they last the whole year (which many do not - they are sometimes cut & resigned several times). In Kansas City that might be a decent paycheck but not in NYC.

Compare that to the minimum rookie salary of $285,000. That's a big difference ! And the practice squad players work just as hard in the weight room, reviewing film, etc as the actual players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    practice squad info:

[url]http://www.nflpa.org/cba/cba_pdf/Article_XXXIV_Practice_Squads.pdf[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RAdragna]He's got skills for a 107 year old WR :yes:[/QUOTE]

i dont think he is eligable for the practice squad at that age.

He must have one hell of a work out program.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lageman4ever]Surprisingly minor ducats for a professional athlete. $4700 per week or $80,000 per season if they last the whole year (which many do not - they are sometimes cut & resigned several times). In Kansas City that might be a decent paycheck but not in NYC. [/QUOTE]

80K isn't decent?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodKeyWestJetsFan]They have to clear waivers without being claimed by another team, which usually takes a few days.[/QUOTE]

After noon EST on September 2nd, each club may establish a Practice Squad of no more than eight (8) players who are free agents.The practice squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s). An otherwise eligible player may be a practice squad player for a third season only if the Club by which he is employed that season has at least 53 players on its Active/Inactive List during the entire period of his employment. A player shall be deemed to have served on a Practice Squad in a season if he has passed the club’s physical and been a member of the club’s Practice Squad for at least three regular season or postseason games during his first two Practice Squad seasons, and for at least one regular season or postseason game during his third Practice Squad season. (A bye week counts as a game provided that the player is not terminated until after the regular season or postseason weekend in question.) and who did not dress for more than eight (8) regular season games during their only accrued (i.e., on the 53 man roster for at least 6 games) season

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Frisman at 28 is a little old for the psquad. He's not a prospect anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]Frisman at 28 is a little old for the psquad. He's not a prospect anymore.[/QUOTE]

Is he even still eligible?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gagoots]80K isn't decent?[/QUOTE]

It's all relative. While 80K might be good money to many of us, it's only
    80,000 / 285,000 = 28% of a minimum rookie salary.

And many rookies get paid much, much more than that. Signing bonuses for 2nd rounders can be 500K to 1M. Even 6th rounders get signing bonuses larger than 80K (plus the full 285K salary).

When I think of professional athletes, I think of guys driving Ferraris and homes from MTV Cribs. I don't think of them sharing a 2 BR apartment in Brooklyn.
    Last edited by lageman4ever; 09-02-2007 at 12:18 PM.