Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike FRICKEN DeVito?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both Ware & Hamilton will be back on our squad later this season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Baddniss]Both Ware & Hamilton will be back on our squad later this season.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking this too. I was thinking the Jets cut Hamilton and told him they'd bring him back when his salary isn't guaranteed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Brain Hemorrhage]I was thinking this too. I was thinking the Jets cut Hamilton and told him they'd bring him back when his salary isn't guaranteed.[/QUOTE]
    HE WILL BE BACK BY WEEK#7 (AFTER AN INJURY, ETC).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=joemusgo]I think he's just looking for good football players wherever he can find them. With the exception of Devito and Bender, who we should all reserve judgment on, the other guys you name have already shown flashes. Some teams are able to fill out entire OL's with low draft choices and FA's, so the pick of and commitment to Bender, who has prototypical size and already shows great run blocking skills, should come as no surprise.

I like coaches who exhibit unconventional thinking. Belichick and Mangini are both from that mold. Of course, we could always rehire Herm Edwards, feed the ball to the RB 400 times, and keep all of our young players glued to the bench. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I've got no problem with unconventional thinking in a coach, but there are limits. If you try to build a team on the cheap you usually end up with a team without much quality depth. This doesnt hurt a team as long as they can go through the season without significatn injuries, but if those injuries occur . . . its usually a problem.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't heard much of him. Sounds like another experiment to me.Was he that impressive in the preseason to make the team?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IRONFAN 40]

Haven't heard much of him. Sounds like another experiment to me.

[B]Was he that impressive in the preseason to make the team?[/B][/QUOTE]
    He was if consistent penetration and hurries is impressive, but not if all folks notice is sacks

Not being flippant, Iron .. Just answering your question as honestly as I can

IMO the folks who didn't notice Mike DeVito just weren't watching him very closely

I didn't project he would make this team {over Hamilton} by accident, he had to impress me to knock Hamilton off of my final D-line projection, because I like Bobby Hamilton .. so I wasn't going to make that projection unless Mike DeVito forced me too, and he did with consistent penetration on nearly every play where I actually watched him closely, and that was quite a few
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 09-02-2007 at 03:49 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]He was if consistent penetration and hurries is impressive, but not if all folks notice is sacks

IMO the folks who didn't notice Mike DeVito just weren't watching him very closely

I didn't project he would make this team {over Hamilton} by accident, he had to impress me to knock Hamilton off of my final D-line projection, because I like Bobby Hamilton .. so I wasn't going to make that projection unless Mike DeVito forced me too, and he did with consistent penetration on nearly every play where I actually watched him closely, and that was quite a few[/QUOTE]
    I thought he was excellent vs the Eagles. GJ&H: any info on McChesney? The guy has just disappeared. no PUP or IR. I did not see him on the cut list. What gives?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet]

I thought he was excellent vs the Eagles. GJ&H: any info on McChesney? The guy has just disappeared. no PUP or IR. I did not see him on the cut list. What gives?[/QUOTE]
    I have no idea, KJ .. your guess is as good as mine :O

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]He was if consistent penetration and hurries is impressive, but not if all folks notice is sacks

I didn't project he would make this team {over Hamilton} by accident, he had to impress me to knock Hamilton off of my final D-line projection, because I like Bobby Hamilton .. so I wasn't going to make that projection unless Mike DeVito forced me too, and he did with consistent penetration on nearly every play where I actually watched him closely, and that was quite a few[/QUOTE]
    Thanx for the info...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off the line from the commentator was Mike "Don't call me Danny" DeVito.

Now lets look back on the most recent game against the Eagles in which Mike was prolly fighting for his roster spot.....

Philly starts a drive from inside the 20 possibly 15, I believe this was the 4th qtr. DeVito is torching Max Jean Fatilles causing a ton of qb pressure who many on this board still wish we had drafted, many of whom are questioning DeVito being on the roster.( in reality Max Jean is a crumb bum)

One play that sealed it for me for Mike was, Eagles run a screen play same drive as above, Mike seems easily fooled by it sure, as he makes a mad dash towards the qb. Well the screen goes for about 25-30 yards and could have keept going, but who smashes the running back in the small of his back, wraps him up, and brings him down?

[size=6]Mike " Don't call me Danny" DeVito![/size]

[size=1]30 YARDS DOWN FIELD FOLKS A DL PLAYER![/size]
    Last edited by StonerJet 63; 09-02-2007 at 06:47 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey wait a sec. thats that dude #70 who was all over the Giants back field on thursday night. one time I thought he took the hand off from the G-men QB....good for you dude..he can play..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    bitonti called DeVito making the roster months before anybody claiming credit for the prediction in this thread. Months.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Aten]

bitonti called DeVito making the roster months before anybody claiming credit for the prediction in this thread. Months.[/QUOTE]
    Bitonti is not only a smart draftnik with a great draft site {darftdaddy} of which I'm proud to contribute, he's also a personal and close friend .. so you'll get no argument from me, I'm always willing to take a backseat to my dear friend

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Aten]bitonti called DeVito making the roster months before anybody claiming credit for the prediction in this thread. Months.[/QUOTE]
    I'll say it without hesitation, between Riggs, Hammer, and Bit, there isn't a better site out there for small school prospects. They're like surgeons over there at the Double D.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]

I'll say it without hesitation, between Riggs, Hammer, and Bit, there isn't a better site out there for small school prospects. They're like surgeons over there at the Double D.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks RJF, but I'm just a bit player {no pun intended} at DD compared to those two guys and it's an honor just to be in such distinguished company .. not only do they run a first class operation over there, one I'm proud to be even a small part of, but they are two of the nicest people I know and that's a mighty fine daily-double to be associated with

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]I'll say it without hesitation, between Riggs, Hammer, and Bit, there isn't a better site out there for small school prospects. They're like surgeons over there at the Double D.[/QUOTE]

QFT

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]Thanks RJF, but I'm just a bit player {no pun intended} at DD compared to those two guys and it's an honor just to be in such distinguished company .. not only do they run a first class operation over there, one I'm proud to be even a small part of, but they are two of the nicest people I know and that's a mighty fine daily-double to be associated with[/QUOTE]

I really did not notice them until you guys started to rant and rave about him. Im very impressed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC]

QFT[/QUOTE]
    SMC, I keep seeing that pop up more and more so I might as well ask .. what does that mean?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]SMC, I keep seeing that pop up more and more so I might as well ask .. what does that mean?[/QUOTE]
    "quite f**king true"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Baddniss]

"quite f**king true"[/QUOTE]
    Thanks baddy, I always wondered what that meant ;)