Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Chansi Stuckeys Ceiling?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

What is Chansi Stuckeys Ceiling?

I think this guy can eventually develop into a number 2 starter in this league if he can stay healthy. In fact, If I were Mangini, I would be comfortable enough with Stuckey that I would trade try to trade McCareins for OL help.

This guy is going to be one of the steals of the 2007 draft; along with Bender IMHO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Black]I think this guy can eventually develop into a number 2 starter in this league if he can stay healthy. In fact, If I were Mangini, I would be comfortable enough with Stuckey that I would trade try to trade McCareins for OL help.

This guy is going to be one of the steals of the 2007 draft; along with Bender IMHO.[/QUOTE]

He looks good but I think it way too early to say what he can or can't be. Lets wait until he has a good regular season game with a starting calibur CB on him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades]He looks good but I think it way too early to say what he can or can't be. Lets wait until he has a good regular season game with a starting calibur CB on him.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'd like to see him stay healthy as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drop?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way I'd trade JMac at this point. Stuckey has too great of an injury history to rely on him. Lets see how he holds up over a 16 game season.

I will say, though, that Stuckey has flashed some great play. I'll go out on a limb here and say as a slot WR and return guy, Stuckey will have as good a season this year as the Dolphins #9 pick in the draft Ted Ginn.

That's not to say Stuckey will be incredible. I think both guys will have good seasons. But Ginn was chosen WAY over his true draft value. And Stuckey was an absolute steal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    about 8'

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all - we're looking for 2 or 3 committed fantasy players for an 8:30 PM EST Yahoo draft (Today).

You're welcome if you'll play all season - - here are the details:

League named Namaths Boys
    ID# is 599791 and the Password is Joe

Hope you can round out a fun league

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Colorado Jet Fanatic]Hi all - we're looking for 2 or 3 committed fantasy players for an 8:30 PM EST Yahoo draft (Today).

You're welcome if you'll play all season - - here are the details:

League named Namaths Boys
    ID# is 599791 and the Password is Joe

Hope you can round out a fun league[/QUOTE]
    So your saying Chansi Stuckey could go as high as playing in your FF league?!!? :confused:

I'm confused.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades]He looks good but I think it way too early to say what he can or can't be. Lets wait until he has a good regular season game with a starting calibur CB on him.[/QUOTE]

Of course you are correct, but I have a good feeling about him. I am not saying he is going to be gang busters right out of chute but I think that in a few years this guy is going to be a very good receiver in this league; add in his ability to return kicks AND punts and we could have something special here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lageman4ever]No way I'd trade JMac at this point. Stuckey has too great of an injury history to rely on him. Lets see how he holds up over a 16 game season.

I will say, though, that Stuckey has flashed some great play. I'll go out on a limb here and say as a slot WR and return guy, Stuckey will have as good a season this year as the Dolphins #9 pick in the draft Ted Ginn.

That's not to say Stuckey will be incredible. I think both guys will have good seasons. But Ginn was chosen WAY over his true draft value. And Stuckey was an absolute steal.[/QUOTE]

Good point but if the right deal for an OLman comes along I still would make that trade and take my chances on Stuckey, Smith and Wallace.

Wouldn't it be something if our 7th round receiver/punt/kick returner has a better season than the Dolphins first rounder. :)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    watching chansi stuckey play the last couple of years at clemson.
    his ultimate ceiling is at best a #2 wr. he's a wideout who's great on digs and reverses,slants,screens,and wideout option passes he reminds me alot of antwan randel el . that's his ceiling. :cool:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Black]I think this guy can eventually develop into a number 2 starter in this league if he can stay healthy. In fact, If I were Mangini, I would be comfortable enough with Stuckey that I would trade try to trade McCareins for OL help.

This guy is going to be one of the steals of the 2007 draft; along with Bender IMHO.[/QUOTE]
    The sky is the limit so long as Stuckey can stay healthy and continue his development.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    .... think Wayne Chrebet....... :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Starkweather].... think Wayne Chrebet....... :yes:[/QUOTE]

Sorry but he has more overall talent than Wayne Chrebet and can also return punts and kicks. I am not saying he will have as good a career because there are so many factors that come in to that e.g. injuries, competition, type of offense and just plain luck.

Let's be honest, if Wayne Chrebet was a UDFA he probably would not have even made this team (unless he played special teams...). He never played on a team with this much talent at the receiver position.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hollywoodjet]watching chansi stuckey play the last couple of years at clemson.
    his ultimate ceiling is at best a #2 wr. he's a wideout who's great on digs and reverses,slants,screens,and wideout option passes he reminds me alot of antwan randel el . that's his ceiling. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Or for that matter wes welker the pats 2nd and 7th round pick

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Starkweather].... think Wayne Chrebet....... :yes:[/QUOTE]
    One NFL scout commented that Stuckey could turn out to be a Deion Branch if he works his ass off...

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater]So your saying Chansi Stuckey could go as high as playing in your FF league?!!? :confused:

I'm confused.[/QUOTE]
    Chansi Stuckey is applied to the outside of buildings. I hope they use a nice acoustic tile.

Thanks for asking,

Bob Villa

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kid always had the talent. I don't think many football talent evaluators would have debated that. Before the injuries started, it was thought he could go as high as the 2nd or 3rd round.

Of course, after the injuries his draft stock plummeted.

Now the major risk here is (and this is what everyone has already known), can he stay healthy?

It should be interesting to see how that question unfolds. Remember, he's playing with the big boys now. If it hasn't happened already, he's gonna start his brains scrambled every weekend, especially if he's as goos as everyone thinks.

IMO this was a very low risk move by the Jets. Nobody ever EXPECTS a 7th rounder to work out. So if he doesn't, no harm no foul for trying. If he does work out, people will be talking about this pick for a long time to come...........

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stucky's impact for us in Year 1 will NOT be as a WR.
    It will be as a KR (as long as Justin Miller is hurt) and as a PR (with Reavis).
    He is that good as a returner.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda reminds me of Santana Moss's first year as a jet so far. Hopefully he will be our slot receiver for many years to come.