Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Thomas Jones starting next week vs. Pats??

Banned

Is Thomas Jones starting next week vs. Pats??

Not sure if this was brought up but has their been any word on of he's starting, or even playing in the opener?

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought I heard he would be ready to start against the Pats. Hope so.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Word is he'll be 100%.

My understanding is that he could have played verse the Eagles but was held out just as the rest of the starters were, but not because of injury.

All League
    If he wasn't 100% we would not carry only 2 RB's.

[QUOTE=CV 40]If he wasn't 100% we would not carry only 2 RB's.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

If he wasn't healthy enough, Danny Ware is on the roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Ven0m]Exactly.

If he wasn't healthy enough, Danny Ware is on the roster.[/QUOTE]
    I still think it's a little dangerous carrying only 2 rb's on the roster.

My guess is the Jets view Tutt as more of a RB then a FB with his pass catching abilities and quickness out of the backfield, so, he's our 3rd RB in my opinion.

As far as a back-up FB, I think Pociask can fill that roll which is why I think we are carrying 4 TE's.

That being said, I still think we'd be fortuitis if we could land Ware on the P.S.

I think that would be ideal for us.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-02-2007 at 11:56 AM.

Without a doubt, he will play!!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ARodKeyWestJetsFan]I still think it's a little dangerous carrying only 2 rb's on the roster.

My guess is the Jets view Tutt as more of a RB then a FB with his pass catching abilities and quickness out of the backfield, so, he's our 3rd RB in my opinion.

As far as a back-up FB, I think Pociask can fill that roll which is why I think we are carrying 4 TE's.[/QUOTE]

we saw it a lot last year ARod with the TE dropping back into that H-Back position which is essentailly a FB slot

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ARodKeyWestJetsFan]
    [/QUOTE]
    I wonder if they put any run/pass options in for Tutt since he was also a QB..Come to think of it Stucky was also I think as well as Brad Smith..In this Offense you never know who will throw a pass... :P

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SoFlaJets]we saw it a lot last year ARod with the TE dropping back into that H-Back position which is essentailly a FB slot[/QUOTE]
    :yes: Absolutely SFJ.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Savage69]I wonder if they put any run/pass options in for Tutt since he was also a QB..Come to think of it Stucky was also I think as well as Brad Smith..In this Offense you never know who will throw a pass... :P[/QUOTE]

Tutt not only plays FB and HB but like you said QB and safety not to mention I'm sure he is a ST guy as well-that is what made him more valuable than Ware at this point

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SoFlaJets]Tutt not only plays FB and HB but like you said QB and safety not to mention I'm sure he is a ST guy as well-that is what made him more valuable than Ware at this point[/QUOTE]
    Plus Rumor has it he's a Great BBQ Chef so we also have Hermie's old talent covered as well.. :yes:

I wasn't as high on Houston as most, but the difference between him and Tutt is pretty big IMO.. too bad

Jets Insider VIP
    Is Randy Moss playing Sunday?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath]Is Randy Moss playing Sunday?[/QUOTE]

:funnyguy: :flush: :funnyguy:

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath]Is Randy Moss playing Sunday?[/QUOTE]

I think Moss and Kyle Brady will be held out until the game against the Chargers.The Pats will need Brady
    against LT McNeil in this game.

Given the fact that Gaffney and Welker have looked
    good so far,I would hold back Moss until the SD game,too.As long as you have 1 speed WR on the field(Stallworth),it's just not necessary to play Moss.

Same goes for Asante Samuel......Randall Gay will
    start at LCB opposite Hobbs.Samuel will see spot duty only and will be back to full duty in the huge
    home game against the Chargers.

Belichick knows that,if we can get an early advantage by beating San Diego in the 2nd game,
    it will go a long way to securing HOME playoff games.

This is why he will hold back some starters back against the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't think Thomas Jones will even be on the injury report Wed., not even as Probable. But that's just my guess.

[QUOTE=jetstream23]I don't think Thomas Jones will even be on the injury report Wed., not even as Probable. But that's just my guess.[/QUOTE]

Really? Based on last season, I think 75% of the roster is going to be listed as questionable.

[QUOTE=Jon]Really? Based on last season, I think 75% of the roster is going to be listed as questionable.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Jones, as well as Dyson, Miller, and Smith will all be listed as Questionable and this site will be in a hilarious panic on Wednesday. :D

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=NE>NY]

Belichick knows that,if we can get an early advantage by beating San Diego in the 2nd game,
    it will go a long way to securing HOME playoff games.

This is why he will hold back some starters back against the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Gotta win the division first dude. Plus I dont think BB is looking that far into the future...