Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian De Palma: Worthless Pile Of Hollywood $hit.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like

Brian De Palma: Worthless Pile Of Hollywood $hit.

[url]http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1282351,00.html[/url]

[quote]'People Will Be Arguing Over This Film'

By Yael Lavie
    Middle East producer
    Updated: 20:31, Friday August 31, 2007
    American director Brian De Palma is launching his controversial new film based on the rape and murder of an Iraqi girl by US troops.
    Director De Palma

The creator of classics like Scarface, Casualties of War and The Untouchables is tackling the Iraq war and Bush administration head on with the movie Redacted.

Sky News gained exclusive access to the set of the film in April, and asked De Palma his hopes and motive for the production going on show in Venice this week.

He said: "I am sure before the movie comes out people will say, 'De Palma lost his mind, doing a $5m video project'. That's how I want to tell this story, under the Hollywood radar.

"When I read about the Mahmudiyah incident in Iraq 2006 - five US soldiers raped a local girl, killed her and her family and later tried to disguise it as an insurgent attack - I knew I had a story.
    On the film set

"Redacted tells its story using modern forms of media covering the war. Net blogs, web reporting and other aspects unique to the conflict are featured heavily in it.

"Iraq is all over the internet; soldier blogs, YouTube videos. Even the rape scenario of the incident is reconstructed on a site called Legofesto - using Lego.

"I got this idea of having the story told through the eyes of a soldier character who is documenting his unit's life in Iraq on mini DV."
    'We need to stomach it'

De Palma told Sky News Online: "I feel like one of the characters in my film that goes along with the rape in spite of his moral objection to it.

"In real life, I feel helpless to stop these horrible things that are happening, this horrible war that I am financing as an American citizen."

But the director has doubts over how the film will do down with the audiences.

"People will be arguing over this film... that is what I hope will happen, depending on how successful it is," he said.

"It is un-American to criticise the government... Personally, I am not scared. I am the man they love to hate. I am sure they will say; 'It's another De Palma misogynist saga'.

"But this film is about Americans at war and what we do and we need to stomach it."[/quote]

Instead of doing a story on American heroism and valor in Iraq, this liberal Hollywood coke snorting pile of $hit decides to do a story on the rape of an Iraqi girl....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan][url]http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1282351,00.html[/url]

Instead of doing a story on American heroism and valor in Iraq, this liberal Hollywood coke snorting pile of $hit decides to do a story on the rape of an Iraqi girl....[/QUOTE]

Did the rape actually occur? Or is it just made up speculation?

I agree. Full Metal Jacket would of been sooo much better w/o the soap in sock beat-down scene.

Platoon sucked. That girl was an animal...

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    If John Wayne were alive, he'd kick De Palma's ass.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait just a damn second.......someone in Hollywood might be Anti-War, and making a Film to express that???!!!???

Stop the presses!!!!!

No, really, this is STUNNING news!!!!!!

Oh, wait....no it isn't. This is business as usual in Liberal Hollywood and should suprise no one at all. Why you are worked up over it (when we all could have predicted this eventuallity the day the War started) I cannot know.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Wait just a damn second.......someone in Hollywood might be Anti-War, and making a Film to express that???!!!???[/QUOTE]

And anti-rape! :eek:

What's this world coming to?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]And anti-rape! :eek:

What's this world coming to?[/QUOTE]

The point is, of all the soldiers fighting in Iraq and doing a fantastic job of it, this piece of $hit Hollywood liberal chose to make a movie based on a handful of bad apples.

Hollywood's disdain for America and the military is a well known fact.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish] This is business as usual in Liberal Hollywood and should suprise no one at all. Why you are worked up over it (when we all could have predicted this eventuallity the day the War started) I cannot know.[/QUOTE]

I'm not worked up over it. I'm just voicing my opinion that De Palma, along with most of Hollywood is an America/military hating pile of $hit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]The point is, of all the soldiers fighting in Iraq and doing a fantastic job of it, this piece of $hit Hollywood liberal chose to make a movie based on a handful of bad apples.

Hollywood's disdain for America and the military is a well known fact.[/QUOTE]

Won't argue with you on that one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I gues the only way you can "defeat" sentiments like those expressed by DePalma and his sort would be to make a movie that expresses respect for our troops nad hope it sells big time. While at the lowest levels, Hollywood might be about political stances that are ultraleft and sometimes even border on communism, higher level Hollywood is as much concerned about $$$$$$$ as anything else.

Let's hope their exists a director with pride in our country, respect for our troops and the incredible effort they have put forth in Iraq (not that I mean to make light of a rape - which would be disgusting - but the reality of the vicious and sometimes psychotic nature of war and the history of repugnant acts by all armies and certainly by those of the terrorist forces - but we have have hundreds of thousands of soldiers fighting over there, often times with one hand tied behind their back, and we have only heard very rare, almost nonexistent complaints about the conduct of our military ........... and we know every journalist out there would love to dig up dirt and get nominated for a Pulitzer. If that director exists, maybe he can accurately relay both the duress of the drama and the high calling our troops are serving and, by all accounts, doing awesome!

If DePalama really wants to make his point, maybe he can get embedded with the terrorists while they determine which innocent Iraqis to blow up and show the whole sordid scene. I'll bet he can do a great job showing them blowing up roadside bombs, shooting families, chopping off heads and t henj running in to a mosque.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]I'm not worked up over it. I'm just voicing my opinion that De Palma, along with most of Hollywood is an America/military hating pile of $hit.[/QUOTE]
    You are right on! I Agree with you. why not focus on all the great stories.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It is un-American to criticise the government... Personally, I am not scared. I am the man they love to hate. I am sure they will say; 'It's another De Palma misogynist saga'."

Translation: This film has nothing to do with th Iraq War or the American soldiers fighting abroad. It's about Brian De Palma and only Brian De Palma. He hasn't made a piece of crap in a while, and he desperately craves attention, so he's making the most controversial piece of crap possible.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec] He hasn't made a piece of crap in a while, and he desperately craves attention, so he's making the most controversial piece of crap possible.[/QUOTE]

He also thinks all Cuban-Americans snort mounds of coke while cordially inviting antagonists to bid hello to his undersized acquaintances...

F*cking De Palma, you pile of sh*t...my grandfather didn't sail the Straight of Florida in a '46 Mercury to be stereotyped by some stuffy Hollywood elitist!!

:steamin: :steamin:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]If John Wayne were alive, he'd kick De Palma's ass.[/QUOTE]

Another of the Right Wings favorite phony "tough guys".
    John Wayne may have been a bad a$$ on the screen, but in real life,, when Uncle Sam came calling, The Duke said no thanks, much like Coward Ted Nugent

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]He also thinks all Cuban-Americans snort mounds of coke while cordially inviting antagonists to bid hello to his undersized acquaintances...

F*cking De Palma, you pile of sh*t...my grandfather didn't sail the Straight of Florida in a '46 Mercury to be stereotyped by some stuffy Hollywood elitist!!

:steamin: :steamin:[/QUOTE]

I always thought Scarface was horribly overrated anyway.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Another of the Right Wings favorite phony "tough guys".
    John Wayne may have been a bad a$$ on the screen, but in real life,, when Uncle Sam came calling, The Duke said no thanks, much like Coward Ted Nugent[/QUOTE]

Leave it to kenny to bash the Evil Right Wing as much as possible, whenever given the chance.

It's a vast right wing conspiracy, kenny. They are all trying to get you, and take away your personal liberties. Learn it, live it, love it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]Leave it to {[SIZE=1]insert name here[/SIZE]} to bash the Evil {[SIZE=1]insert political party[/SIZE]}as much as possible, whenever given the chance...[/QUOTE]

:eek:

I always knew that would happen on this forum!!!

I just never thought Kenny would be the first to do it... :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You gotta be kidding. I know you stare at you selective service card and pray you never ever have to worry about a DRAFT. You would actually have to participate in something.

[QUOTE=pauliec]Leave it to kenny to bash the Evil Right Wing as much as possible, whenever given the chance.

It's a vast right wing conspiracy, kenny. They are all trying to get you, and take away your personal liberties. Learn it, live it, love it.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]Leave it to kenny to bash the Evil Right Wing as much as possible, whenever given the chance.

It's a vast right wing conspiracy, kenny. They are all trying to get you, and take away your personal liberties. Learn it, live it, love it.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?
    Im simply bashing the so called "heroes" conservative guys like DeanPatsFan look up too. Guys like Ted Nugent and John Wayne. These phonies talk the tough talk but failed to live up to it in the real world.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7] These phonies talk the tough talk but failed to live up to it in the real world.[/QUOTE]

Kind of like the Gore's, Di Capprio's, Streisand's etc, and the rest of the liberal global warming nuts....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan]Kind of like the Gore's, Di Capprio's, Streisand's etc, and the rest of the liberal global warming nuts....[/QUOTE]
    Yes. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy, no matter who is guilty of it.