Thread: What if Mangini knew

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Mangini knew

If this was going on when Mangini was up there (defensive coordinator) and he knew about this and it all comes to light, then what? I mean BB is then exposed as not really being all that smart and Mangini was as some put it his (prodigy), so does that make Mangini really not all that great a X's and o's guy? Just like some thoughts on this. I mean, i think that Eric is very smart and i have confidence in his coaching style but maybe opinions will change.

Not to mention that this may some how incriminate Mangini. Think about it, if Mangini knew, he couldn't say anything because he was part of it up in NE. Hence he may have sh** his pants when he found out BB actually got caught Sunday even if he did suspect it. Just a lot of things going through my mind like everyone else. I'd just hate to see this blow up in our faces as well. But right is right and wrong is wrong.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's something to think about, but I doubt it will come into fruition. I'm sure it was looked into during the investigation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We don't know much of the story yet, but I have a hunch that maybe Mangini gladly left NE because he wasn't comfortable being part of this. Yeah, he probably knew, even participated, if it was going on two years ago, but I won't blame him for not ratting out his boss if he got out at the first opportunity and didn't institute it here.

There's a lot of 'ifs' there right now, but Mangini gets the benefit of the doubt from me until there's reason not to.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same Thread As The One Dumped 10 Min Ago? Figures? LoL

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetman73
    same Thread As The One Dumped 10 Min Ago? Figures? Lol
    Sorry, i didn't see it. But this tells you more people are thinking about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy
    Sorry, i didn't see it. But this tells you more people are thinking about it.
    Some of the mods have this knee-jerk reaction about things i write until they settle-down and actually realize what i say IS plausible

Actually, thanks for showing everyone people ARE thinking what me and you are thinking right now

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can one not give it consideration? I mean people have already been talking over the off season that the riff between BB and Eric is something deeper. Wonder what it is? Wasn't Eric the one who shut down Manning with backups his last year up there?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan
    because he wasn't comfortable being part of this. .

Dude.. please take off the Homer Glasses...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'd think if he knew, BB wouldn't try to use it against him because Mangini would know what to look for.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Jets Fan
    You'd think if he knew, BB wouldn't try to use it against him because Mangini would know what to look for.
    True, but you could also look at this way

Mangini suspected it but could not call him out on it because of getting his own self exposed. So he may have figured i can beat them anyway. Just a thought. I'm starting to look too deep into this! Think i'll go to bed and let the commish deal with it! LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would absolutely love to hear what Mangini is saying about this. What's he saying to his players? What's he saying to the coaches? What is he saying to his wife?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the plot thickens...

This is VERY intriguing to me. Can't believe this was dumped initially.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan
    We don't know much of the story yet, but I have a hunch that maybe Mangini gladly left NE because he wasn't comfortable being part of this.
    Wow. After two days of thread-reading, listening to hysterical and hypocritical members of the media, I have found, quite possibly, THE stupidest angle on this story so far. Just...Holy...Cow.