Thread: jet fans avoiding what actually happened on Sunday - SPEAKS VOLUMES

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

jet fans avoiding what actually happened on Sunday - SPEAKS VOLUMES

If I were you guys, I'd be as giddy as you seem now - this has got to be pretty sweet. The Pats F'd up and got caught (and BY the jets) and they deserve the punishment and the ridicule, no matter how overheated and over-the-top the mania and media have become. HOWEVER...I think part of what's fueling the hysteria, especially here, is the desire/need for jet nation to talk about THAT, as opposed to what your team looked like on Sunday, and what they look like generally.

I think most of the jets fans here are pretty fair, so I'll ask this - do you think the 38-14 is now moot and irrelevant because of the scandal that has followed? Or is it - as it would be for me, I admit - just the giddy piling on, so it's more fun to focus on that? Genuinely wondering.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is this moved? This is a perfectly legitimate thing to post. It carries legitimate questions.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The P*ts cheated

How can we possibly judge our team based on a fraud contest?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patsox232.0
    If I were you guys, I'd be as giddy as you seem now - this has got to be pretty sweet. The Pats F'd up and got caught (and BY the jets) and they deserve the punishment and the ridicule, no matter how overheated and over-the-top the mania and media have become. HOWEVER...I think part of what's fueling the hysteria, especially here, is the desire/need for jet nation to talk about THAT, as opposed to what your team looked like on Sunday, and what they look like generally.

I think most of the jets fans here are pretty fair, so I'll ask this - do you think the 38-14 is now moot and irrelevant because of the scandal that has followed? Or is it - as it would be for me, I admit - just the giddy piling on, so it's more fun to focus on that? Genuinely wondering.

No way. While I believe that Belly stealing signs had something to do with how well the Pats did against us, it is not an excuse. We still lost and looked terrible doing it.

The Ravens game is an important one to see if we can bounce back and play the way we should. We got our ass kicked and looked bad doing it, but it's one game in the first week. Mangini will hopefully get these guys to play a lot better.

As for the piling on, well that's just plain fun.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    The P*ts cheated

Exactly.

The Ravens game will tell us a lot more about where the Jets are at.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    The P*ts cheated

The Patriots didn't see any of the signals they "stole." The taping had literally NO BEARING on this game. Do you read?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets keep in mind..The score at the half before the hobbs kick return..Who knows what they were using throughout the first or 2nd quarter...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise
    No way. While I believe that Belly stealing signs had something to do with how well the Pats did against us, it is not an excuse. We still lost and looked terrible doing it.

The Ravens game is an important one to see if we can bounce back and play the way we should. We got our ass kicked and looked bad doing it, but it's one game in the first week. Mangini will hopefully get these guys to play a lot better.

As for the piling on, well that's just plain fun.
    LOL! I can only imagine (unfortunately). Thanks for the honest answer. I don't agree that the signs had any bearing on the game - they never even GOT that far on Sunday. It was confiscated long before it would have been deciphered.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Patriots didn't see any of the signals they "stole." The taping had literally NO BEARING on this game. Do you read?
    We don't know that, it very well could have been broadcast to the coaches booth... you are speculating just like everyone else.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is this moved? This is a perfectly legitimate thing to post. It carries legitimate questions.
    It was moved because you are homerific Pats apologist. The Pats got caught cheating. Deal with it.