Thread: Willie begining to bother me!

Hall Of Fame

Willie begining to bother me!

I was always behind Willie, even when he was often harshly criticized by Mets fans. But I am begining to hate his ways. He isn't getting his players to respond anymore.. He wont ever get himself thrown out of a game to fire the guys up(not saying thats important.) He is also getting too cute with small ball..

Once again tie game, man on 1st 0 outs,, he decides to give up a free out by sacrafice bunting, which also failed.. I understand its a close game and that at times is the given decision. I just hate giving that free out, especially with a guy with 0 careeer successfull sac bunts in Gomez.. Anyone else ready to see willie go even if the Mets make the playoffs?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 24
    I was always behind Willie, even when he was often harshly criticized by Mets fans. But I am begining to hate his ways. He isn't getting his players to respond anymore.. He wont ever get himself thrown out of a game to fire the guys up(not saying thats important.) He is also getting too cute with small ball..

Once again tie game, man on 1st 0 outs,, he decides to give up a free out by sacrafice bunting, which also failed.. I understand its a close game and that at times is the given decision. I just hate giving that free out, especially with a guy with 0 careeer successfull sac bunts in Gomez.. Anyone else ready to see willie go even if the Mets make the playoffs?
    I have no problem with him laying a bunt down there, you gotta blame the batter for bunting at a ball a foot and a half outside the zone.
    My only problem with Willie right now is he needs to start treating these games like its the playoffs. You cant let a starter get tagged for 8 runs, in a playoff environment you have a short hook and bring in a starter to relieve if you have to. If you have an 8 game lead you manage the way Willie is managing. With a 1.5 lead you cant save for tomorrow because it might not come.

Also whats with Green being unavailable to play tonight. In the middle of a playoff race and he will not even be availalbe? I know its a holdiday, but games are played on Easter, Good Friday, Christmas (football, basketball)Good riddance.

Banned
    i don't like willie either, but he won't be fired even if the mets fail to make the play-offs, imo. but no matter wtf the mets do with the rest of the season, minaya better get on the f*cking ball this offseaosn and get this team some decent pitching. in this day and age of baseball you just can't do it with a below average bullpen.

All Pro
    It took you this long?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sect112row36
    I have no problem with him laying a bunt down there, you gotta blame the batter for bunting at a ball a foot and a half outside the zone.
    My only problem with Willie right now is he needs to start treating these games like its the playoffs. You cant let a starter get tagged for 8 runs, in a playoff environment you have a short hook and bring in a starter to relieve if you have to. If you have an 8 game lead you manage the way Willie is managing. With a 1.5 lead you cant save for tomorrow because it might not come.

Also whats with Green being unavailable to play tonight. In the middle of a playoff race and he will not even be availalbe? I know its a holdiday, but games are played on Easter, Good Friday, Christmas (football, basketball)Good riddance.

I guess only Jews take holidays serious.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    It took you this long?
    Yes... And willie did that stupid sacrifice earlier this week too that failed, and it cost us.