Thread: WTF is this SpyGate thing still a topic for?

WTF is this SpyGate thing still a topic for?

1. It's beaten to death.

2. It didn't affect the outcome of the game at all.

3. The only people who seem to be all that outraged as fans, most of them on JI.

4. For some odd reason no coaches have come out publically and bashed Belichick.

5. From the reaction of the NFL, this hardly sounds like it was a revolutionary form of cheating or anything special in general.

6. How is this not boring yet?

Hall Of Fame
    translation :"everyone stop talking about it, or the patriots* will want to beat us really bad next time, which they will, because the JETS suck"

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato
    1. It's beaten to death.

2. It didn't affect the outcome of the game at all.

3. The only people who seem to be all that outraged as fans, most of them on JI.

4. For some odd reason no coaches have come out publically and bashed Belichick.

5. From the reaction of the NFL, this hardly sounds like it was a revolutionary form of cheating or anything special in general.

6. How is this not boring yet?
    I know i am also in the minority here, but i agree with you Gato. Enough is Enough. Time to move on.

what about the radio signals? Why was that never fully investigated?

Quote Originally Posted by ruby2glocks
    I know i am also in the minority here, but i agree with you Gato. Enough is Enough. Time to move on.
    Considering most forums saw this topic die down after like...2 days...it just seems like a really annoying way for alot of people here to get to hop on their soapboxes and pound it in to everyone that the Pats aren't all that good.

Football is not some noble sport. Sports don't build character. Cheating is not some new, crazy concept invented by the Patriots in 2007.

It's boooooooooooooring.

All Pro
    Why are you always *****ing about what others are *****ing about Gato?

The other day, the local radio station was complaining how Brittany Spears was a constant topic of discussion...they spent ten minutes on it. I wonder how long this thread will go.

Considering most forums saw this topic die down after like...2 days...it just seems like a really annoying way for alot of people here to get to hop on their soapboxes and pound it in to everyone that the Pats aren't all that good.

Football is not some noble sport. Sports don't build character. Cheating is not some new, crazy concept invented by the Patriots in 2007.

It's boooooooooooooring.
    Yes, of course. Just because the cheaters got caught and all their "achievements" now have asterisk in minds every decent NFL fan (and some of us knew it long time ago) - why discuss it? Let us forget about it!
    Perhaps we should devote our time licking chowd balls as you do in every post?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise
    Why are you always *****ing about what others are *****ing about Gato?
    So you can come into a thread and make yourself feel witty and charming compared to me?

You had me until here.

Largest penalty ever from a draft standpoint, to say it wasn't special is insane.

All Pro
    So you can come into a thread and make yourself feel witty and charming compared to me?

No, I don't need to. Believe it or not, I don't need you to feel witty. That's what FF2 is here for.

You constantly complain. How about sitting back and just enjoying the game one day and enjoying the fact that the Pats got caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen
    Yes, of course. Just because the cheaters got caught and all their "achievements" now have asterisk in minds every decent NFL fan (and some of us knew it long time ago) - why discuss it? Let us forget about it!
    Did I say forget it? It's been two weeks and the topic is barely alive just about everywhere.

Doesn't that tell you how big a deal cheating is to the NFL?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's boooooooooooooring.
    Not nearly as ponderous as posters who start threads just to scold or belittle other posters and/or why they post.

Dump

No, I don't need to. Believe it or not, I don't need you to feel witty. That's what FF2 is here for.

You constantly complain. How about sitting back and just enjoying the game one day and enjoying the fact that the Pats got caught with their hands in the cookie jar.
    I constantly complain? As compared to....what exactly? The 2 weeks and probably like 300 threads on this one topic?

I enjoyed it alot at first actually. I thought it was kickass that Mangini decided to f*ck with them like that. Two weeks of no one shutting up about it and turning it into something way bigger than it is beat the fun part of it out.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 09-21-2007 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    You had me until here.

Largest penalty ever from a draft standpoint, to say it wasn't special is insane.
    Good point.

At least 1-4 still stands.

All Pro
    I constantly complain? As compared to....what exactly? The 2 weeks and probably like 300 threads on this one topic?

Dude, come on. You're really negative and always find something to complain about.

Whether it's getting annoyed by the optimism on the board or the whole SpyGate thing. Be a little happy for once, huh?

The Tape leak to Fox was very bad for Goodell (nevermind that his spouse works for Fox) and hastened no doubt his review and finding that the Patriots were guilty of no further infractions.

The media, except for deadenders in New York and a few others, were beginning to turn and we were only a few articles away from reasonably regarded writers starting to call this a witchhunt.

Also, never forget the weight that Bob Kraft swings at League Headquarters and the fact that he has built a billion dollar franchise from the dust of prior owners, as well as the fact that he more or less singlehandely rescued the CBA last time and could doom it next year when the "opt out" option is available to the owners and players.

If no one on the Patriots does anything really dumb in the next few months (and, they have shown an ability to do just that!), this is essentially over, except among the aforementioned deadenders.

By next season it will be rarely mentioned and ultimately it will be a footnote to NFL history along the lines of "The Commissioner cracked down on widespread sideline and in-game rules violations by making an example of the league's premier franchise at the beginning of the 2007 season."

Hey leave me out of this girl fight.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen
    Sounds like you have some experience.

Mazto balls tonite RG.

Dude, come on. Be a little happy for once, huh?
    Yeah.
    Last edited by FF2; 02-25-2008 at 01:24 PM.