Thread: Jets videotaped too?

Jets videotaped too?

Not sure if this was posted yet, saw this mentioned in PFT

From FoxSports:

SPYGATE IS SLOWING BUT HASN'T TOTALLY DRIED UP JUST YET: In the wake of the SpyGate situation in New England, the NFL this week received the rest of the Patriots' video tapes and destroyed the remaining evidence. Basically, the word was spread let's put this thing to bed and play football.

But while the NFL front office is trying to move past this, more subplots continue to stir throughout league circles. The best rumor that was brought to light? Sources said that the Patriots caught the Jets videotaping at Foxboro last season but rather than turn the case over to the league, they simply shut it down during the game.

In fact, one league source confirmed this accusation but since the Patriots didn't go to the league, there is no evidence to support it. Those close to the Pats insist this isn't sour grapes and it in fact happened, although there's no actual tape or visual proof.

When contacted about the latest bizarre tale, Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum responded with an emphatic, "absolutely no truth to that whatsoever! Completely false!"

In addition, Commissioner Roger Goodell told FOX Sports that such an accusation has not been brought to his attention.

Hopefully, even these little drips of fallout will dry up as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan
    Not sure if this was posted yet, saw this mentioned in PFT

From FoxSports:
    Lol, I wouldn't doubt it.

Who cares. I'd bet most teams do this either with a guy in the stands or on the field...Just like with steroids

"The perfect storm"

The NFL wanted it stopped and they caught the Patriots red handed.

The powerful Patriots who not only have a great team on the field but 5 day one picks in next years draft. Lets punish the guys who it will hurt the least and kill this practice here and now.

If this report is true I am glad the Patriots did not tattle on the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by CTM
    Lol, I wouldn't doubt it.

Who cares. I'd bet most teams do this either with a guy in the stands or on the field...Just like with steroids

Yep. And it has probably been going on for years. It just so happened that the Pats got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC
    "The perfect storm"

The NFL wanted it stopped and they caught the Patriots red handed.

The powerful Patriots who not only have a great team on the field but 5 day one picks in next years draft. Lets punish the guys who it will hurt the least and kill this practice here and now.

If this report is true I am glad the Patriots did not tattle on the Jets.
    Only a complete dumbass would believe that bogus report to be true.

Belichick is in full damage control mode, even making up BS accusations to save face.

Still love the "rat" angle by smarmy Pat homers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19
    Only a complete dumbass would believe that bogus report to be true.

Belichick is in full damage control mode, even making up BS accusations to save face.

Still love the "rat" angle by smarmy Pat homers.
    Ya cause you are in "the know" huh ray

Ya cause you are in "the know" huh ray
    Right, the Jets have videotape of other teams, knowing full well the league would begin an investigation, they turned the matter over to the league so that they themselves could be put on the spot.

Like I said, only a dumbass...

Keep believing that cr@p Belichick is blowing up your arse, homer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19
    Right, the Jets have videotape of other teams, knowing full well the league would begin an investigation, they turned the matter over to the league so that they themselves could be put on the spot.

Like I said, only a dumbass...

Keep believing that cr@p Belichick is blowing up your arse, homer.
    I believe I said "if" this is true I am glad the Patriots did not tattle.

I don't believe Mangini meant for this to turn into what it has.

And I also believe he is sorry that it has.

And BTW Ray only a dumbass would believe no one else was doing this.

I have now dumped threads based on this same bogus, unsubstantiated article three times in the last two days.

Next person who starts a thread based on this article is getting a day off.

Practice Squad
    If this is true, thats sad, we should dominate than

3 rumors in 2 days?

Looks like smoke to me.

And where theres smoke.......

3 rumors in 2 days?

Looks like smoke to me.

And where theres smoke.......
    No you idiot, three threads, all with links to the same article. All started by chowds I might add.

I think that if the Jets were caught videotaping the Pats, cynical, mercurial Belichick would have not only buried the knife in Mangini's back, but also twisted it with relish.