Thread: No matter where you go there you are !

No matter where you go there you are !

I quote from the movie Die Hard "welcome to the party pal"

Those of us who have been Jets fans for a long while (I am talking since the 60's here) have seen a lot. A superbowl, a revolving door of coaches and players and an overall lack to get back to the Superbowl for a long long time.

I love the game of football and look forward to the season all year. I guess I am getting used to this team dissappointing. Even last year when they won some games they should have lost you just had the feeling that it was only temporary and that they would not go far in the playoffs. Still they gave us an extra game and hope and for that I am thankful.

The NFL is more of a gamble than Las Vegas. Top players in college demand big bucks only to become average players at best. Players can have a really good year only to fall and have below average performances for the next 2-3 years. But there comes a time when Jet fans have to ask "how much more are we going to take?" San Francisco and even Detroit seem to be gradually turning around their franchises while we get pushed around in the trenches and lose respect around the league. I do not blame Pennington he is what he is and that is short field passer who at times thinks too much. He gave up some of his money to help the team but in the NFL that may not be enough.

At the end of this season, and I am thinking it will be a losing record, management has a lot of questions and voids to fill if for no other reason than to give the fans that have froze their asses off in the winter to support this team. We are sick and tired of "the same ol Jets" syndrome and want to believe but when you give up 300 yards to a team that ony had 600 yards in their previous games and with a rookie QB and injury riddled team than we have to ask if this team is giving up on intself? Take a look around at the stadium next game..those are all people who took time out from their day to support this team and paid dearly for tickets and parking. The fans deserve better and deserve more answers than "we have to work harder".

actually that quote was in mad max beyond thunderdome.......the pigkiller said it iirc.......

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I quote from the movie Die Hard "welcome to the party pal"

Those of us who have been Jets fans for a long while (I am talking since the 60's here) have seen a lot. A superbowl, a revolving door of coaches and players and an overall lack to get back to the Superbowl for a long long time.

I love the game of football and look forward to the season all year. I guess I am getting used to this team dissappointing. Even last year when they won some games they should have lost you just had the feeling that it was only temporary and that they would not go far in the playoffs. Still they gave us an extra game and hope and for that I am thankful.

The NFL is more of a gamble than Las Vegas. Top players in college demand big bucks only to become average players at best. Players can have a really good year only to fall and have below average performances for the next 2-3 years. But there comes a time when Jet fans have to ask "how much more are we going to take?" San Francisco and even Detroit seem to be gradually turning around their franchises while we get pushed around in the trenches and lose respect around the league. I do not blame Pennington he is what he is and that is short field passer who at times thinks too much. He gave up some of his money to help the team but in the NFL that may not be enough.

At the end of this season, and I am thinking it will be a losing record, management has a lot of questions and voids to fill if for no other reason than to give the fans that have froze their asses off in the winter to support this team. We are sick and tired of "the same ol Jets" syndrome and want to believe but when you give up 300 yards to a team that ony had 600 yards in their previous games and with a rookie QB and injury riddled team than we have to ask if this team is giving up on intself? Take a look around at the stadium next game..those are all people who took time out from their day to support this team and paid dearly for tickets and parking. The fans deserve better and deserve more answers than "we have to work harder".
    How many times can you start threads on the same subject in one day?

Any and all of these points could have been made in existing threads.