Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottom Line - This Team Sucks and We are Fools for Supporting Them

Bottom Line - This Team Sucks and We are Fools for Supporting Them

The Jets suck.

It has taken me almost 40 years to realize this, but the Jets suck. They are just simply a losing organization. Leon Hess was a good man, but he sucked as an NFL owner. Woody Johnson is a dick, and he sucks as an NFL owner. Tannenbaum is not qualified to be an NFL general manager. Managini is not qualified to be an NFL head coach. The are both good people, but are in way over their heads. The Jets will never be really good. No one will ever look at the Jets and say "Wow, now there is a really good team." They will always be somewhere between mediocre and crappy.

They will never contend for a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    The Jets suck.

It has taken me almost 40 years to realize this, but the Jets suck. They are just simply a losing organization. Leon Hess was a good man, but he sucked as an NFL owner. Woody Johnson is a dick, and he sucks as an NFL owner. Tannenbaum is not qualified to be an NFL general manager. Managini is not qualified to be an NFL head coach. The are both good people, but are in way over their heads. The Jets will never be really good. No one will ever look at the Jets and say "Wow, now there is a really good team." They will always be somewhere between mediocre and crappy.

Please don't ban this guy, I know where he's coming from

You say we are fools for supporting them. Guess what? Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If you are so weak minded that you need to be a front runner, this is not the team for you.

Veteran
    The Jets suck.

DUMP!

Quote Originally Posted by newjakecity View Post
    You say we are fools for supporting them. Guess what? Nobody is holding a gun to your head. If you are so weak minded that you need to be a front runner, this is not the team for you.
    You've never ever had such a thought? Please

Different people need to let out their frustrations in different ways. I bet this guy watches the game next week

Quote Originally Posted by Jets1958 View Post

DUMP!
    The coach, or the players?.....

Veteran
    The Jets suck.

I think you're over the top here bro. Since 1998, the Jets have made the playoffs 5 times and won 3 playoff games. There are fans of several teams that would be thrilled with those statistics. This '07 team is lousy, yes....but I think it is too early in their tenure to trash Tangini.

I have been a Jet fan since the mid 60's and regardless of their record I will continue to wear my Jet colors and support them. I do hear where you are coming from it has been way to long for this franchise to continually compete and we have been at times the laughing stock of the league.

Veteran
    I feel your frustration JET fan. The problem is not that the JETS sucks its just that when we lose to teams like Buffbackuplo Bills, you seat and wonder WTF is going on with the JETS, but deep down in side of reach out and teach the die hard jets fan in you and say WOW dang the JETS is my team, Holy crap WTF am I saying

Quote Originally Posted by newjakecity View Post
    Front runner!!! You have to be kidding me.

I was there when they drafted Ken O'Brien, I was there when they drafted Lam Jones, I was there when they drafted....yes....Roger Vick. I was there when they passed on Dan Marino. I was there when they passed on Emmitt Smith...and so on and so on and so on. I was there when Richard Todd threw it to Bill Simpson, and to AJ Duhe, and to AJ Duhe again, and again. I was there when Gastinueau roughed up Bernie Kosar and got called. I've seen it all. Weak minded my ass. The Jets are counting on the weak minded to continue to buy tickets. Everyone here seems to know what's wrong with the Jets - bench this guy, draft that guy, trade for that guy - bottom line is they suck. They've sucked for a long time and they've given me no indication that they will do anything but suck for a long time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    You've never ever had such a thought? Please

Different people need to let out their frustrations in different ways. I bet this guy watches the game next week
    I've gotten very frusturated by this team over the years, its true. But I could no more give up the Jets than I could give up breathing. Its just in my blood and even if I were to support another team that won a super bowl, it would just not feel the same (or as sweet).

Quote Originally Posted by dewaynesworld63 View Post
    I think you're over the top here bro. Since 1998, the Jets have made the playoffs 5 times and won 3 playoff games. There are fans of several teams that would be thrilled with those statistics. This '07 team is lousy, yes....but I think it is too early in their tenure to trash Tangini.
    I hope you're right.

Front runner!!! You have to be kidding me.

I was there when they drafted Ken O'Brien, I was there when they drafted Lam Jones, I was there when they drafted....yes....Roger Vick. I was there when they passed on Dan Marino. I was there when they passed on Emmitt Smith...and so on and so on and so on. I was there when Richard Todd threw it to Bill Simpson, and to AJ Duhe, and to AJ Duhe again, and again. I was there when Gastinueau roughed up Bernie Kosar and got called. I've seen it all. Weak minded my ass. The Jets are counting on the weak minded to continue to buy tickets. Everyone here seems to know what's wrong with the Jets - bench this guy, draft that guy, trade for that guy - bottom line is they suck. They've sucked for a long time and they've given me no indication that they will do anything but suck for a long time to come.

Get your drink on

but it will all make that SB victory so much more rewarding. i know i will cry. it will be like the sox in '04

The Jets suck.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Seriously....after they beat the Giants...who will start talking Playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    Seriously....after they beat the Giants...who will start talking Playoffs?

playoffs, your talking playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    playoffs, your talking playoffs
    LOL...You KNOW some of you will if they beat the Gints. YOU KNOW IT!

Veteran
    then coach will have a real let down.

we thought who we thought they were, we let them off the hook

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out
    Don't let it hit you on the way in.

This team will slam the door in your face time after time. And you'll get a lot of excuses, but never an acknowledgement that they screwed up.

Cute kids in your avatar. The will be old and grey and dead and the Jets will still have won nothing since 1969.