Thread: With All These Mangini Sucks Thrads it Reminds Me.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

With All These Mangini Sucks Thrads it Reminds Me.....

When Mangini was first hired I posted a thread about my skepticism regarding the hiring of Mangini. I said that this guy was going to be a BUST! Nobody out there wanted to listen to me, but now were all finding out how weak/inexperienced this guy really is. Think about it we were the only team in the NFL pursuing this guy and knocking his door down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was also very skeptical when we hired him, but he's proven himself to me already. I really liked the gameplanning last season, which meant playing to out opponents weaknesses. We almost beat the Colts by keeping the ball out of Peyton Manning's hands, we threw long and often passes against the Packers and Titans with a weak pass D...etc. etc.

We seem to still being doing that to an extent this year, but now quite as much. Running against the Dolphins with Zach Thomas out worked, we forced Boller and Trent Edwards to pass, unfortunatly they were able to pretty well. However, while I liked the Defensive game plan against the Bills, the offense seemed way too conservative. Don't try to blame that on Pennington, we've seen him air it out against teams like the Packers last year, that the type of plan that would have been better against the weak defense of the Bills.

How quickly we forget just how badly the Jets were predicted to be last year. Mangini turned that all around, drafted extremely well with the help of Tannenbaum, and certainly deserves more than 4 games in his second season before being reevaluated.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan1983 View Post
    I was also very skeptical when we hired him, but he's proven himself to me already. I really liked the gameplanning last season, which meant playing to out opponents weaknesses. We almost beat the Colts by keeping the ball out of Peyton Manning's hands, we threw long and often passes against the Packers and Titans with a weak pass D...etc. etc.

We seem to still being doing that to an extent this year, but now quite as much. Running against the Dolphins with Zach Thomas out worked, we forced Boller and Trent Edwards to pass, unfortunatly they were able to pretty well. However, while I liked the Defensive game plan against the Bills, the offense seemed way too conservative. Don't try to blame that on Pennington, we've seen him air it out against teams like the Packers last year, that the type of plan that would have been better against the weak defense of the Bills.

How quickly we forget just how badly the Jets were predicted to be last year. Mangini turned that all around, drafted extremely well with the help of Tannenbaum, and certainly deserves more than 4 games in his second season before being reevaluated.
    Agree totally...I'm not happy with where we are right now (obviously). But Mangini proved a lot to me last year. He's still young, and he's going to make mistakes. We need to be patient--remember, we're rebuilding.