Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pacquiao

6 85.71%
  • Barrera

1 14.29%

Thread: Pacquiao vs Barrera

Pacquiao vs Barrera

So the next big fall fight is a few days away. With the recent PPV postponements and the change from Maskaev-Peter to Peter-McCline, I am all set to order the fight. I don't typically order PPV's below welterweight, but I'm ready to watch the warrior MAB get sent into retirement by the true #2 P4P fighter in the world. The undercard is unfortunately and not surprisingly weak. However, Golden Boy/Top Rank will make up for it with a loaded undercard prior to Cotto-Mosley.

Who do you all like on 10/6?

Hall Of Fame

Ultimate Fighter - The Series Discussion.

Voted for PAC.

wanted to start a new thread - messed up title.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH View Post
    don't think MAB has a real shot.

Pacman KO's him in the 9th

it'll be a hell of a fight till then though

I don't like what I'm seeing from Pac; he has far too many distractions around him. That being said, I think he'll bomb Barrera into retirement.

The brief 24/7 after the Pavlik-Taylor fight was pretty troubling, if you're a fan of Pacquiao. Freddie Roach didn't look to pleased to be told that he would have to "get Pacquiao".

I just don't see anyone threatening Pac fight now; he's too good. I could see a young stud like Jorge Linares, however, moving up in a few years an posing a serious threat. The question is, how long will Pac remain interested in boxing? He's made a ton of money, is a superstar in his country and has almost everything a man can ask for. Is he hungry?

I don't know how long he'll stay around.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiJet View Post
    I don't like what I'm seeing from Pac; he has far too many distractions around him. That being said, I think he'll bomb Barrera into retirement.

The brief 24/7 after the Pavlik-Taylor fight was pretty troubling, if you're a fan of Pacquiao. Freddie Roach didn't look to pleased to be told that he would have to "get Pacquiao".

I just don't see anyone threatening Pac fight now; he's too good. I could see a young stud like Jorge Linares, however, moving up in a few years an posing a serious threat. The question is, how long will Pac remain interested in boxing? He's made a ton of money, is a superstar in his country and has almost everything a man can ask for. Is he hungry?

I don't know how long he'll stay around.
    Personally, i'm getting a little tired of Roach. Absolutely nobody was picking Vazquez to beat Marquez in the rematch, pretty much just based on the fact that Roach quit on Vazquez and basically said he should hang up the gloves.

Pac definitely has the weight of his country on his shoulders, that pressure will never be felt by an American fighter.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by person View Post
    Personally, i'm getting a little tired of Roach. Absolutely nobody was picking Vazquez to beat Marquez in the rematch, pretty much just based on the fact that Roach quit on Vazquez and basically said he should hang up the gloves.

Pac definitely has the weight of his country on his shoulders, that pressure will never be felt by an American fighter.
    I agree roach has not been very succesful when he appears on 24/7

barrera went out like roy jones in the 3rd tarver fight. just happy to survive.

Pacman dominated all night

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by person View Post

My wife is from the same town as Pacman. He is a national hero and has built a huge mansion not that far from my wife's family's house. He really is the pride of his country. The mayor of his town actually flew to Vegas to carry the belt into the ring last night.

A very good night of fights in Vegas. I wasn't very happy when the full undercard was announced, but it produced a couple solid fights. The Andrade-Mack fight was a war for as long as it lasted.

As for the main event, Pac tried to make it an action fight, Barrera wanted no part. It wasn't a bad fight at all, had a couple very competitive rounds, but it wasn't difficult to see who the clear winner was.

Barerra is done. Sure, he could continute to fight, but at what level? He's made his money and has nothing left to prove. I think he should retire.

He tried to goad Pac into a war and when Pac responded as he usually does, with flurries of hard shots to the body and head, Barrera backed down and covered up.

Who's next for Manny?