Thread: Hatton vs Mayweather and undercard

Hall Of Fame

Hatton vs Mayweather and undercard

I think it would be cool if each major fight had its own thread so we don't have to start new ones as they get lost in the sauce of the main board

here's an update on the undercard...

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Ricky Hatton Card Update
    By Vikram Birring (Oct 2, 2007) DoghouseBoxing

Doghouse Boxing has just been informed that Paulie “Magic Man” Malignaggi will be facing Lovemore “Black Panther” N’dou on December 8 in Las Vegas, on the undercard of the spectacular Floyd Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton show.

Malignaggi previously defeated N’dou on June 16 in Uncasville, Connecticut, by unanimous decision to win the IBF Junior Welterweight Championship.

From presser: “UNDEFEATED,” featuring Mayweather’s defense of his world welterweight championship against the universally recognized world junior welterweight champion Ricky Hatton, will be promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and Mayweather Promotions at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Tickets for “UNDEFEATED,” priced at $1,000, $750, $600, $300 and $150, go on sale Monday, Sept. 17 at 10 am PT Tickets will be available for purchase by visiting www.ticketmaster.com or to charge by phone with a major credit card call (702) 474-4000. Ticket sales will be limited to two (2) per person.

The Mayweather vs. Hatton pay-per-view telecast, beginning at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT, will be produced and distributed by HBO Pay-Per-View and will be available to more than 61 million pay-per-view homes. The telecast will be available in HD-TV for those viewers who can receive HD. HBO Pay-Per-View is the leading supplier of event programming to the pay-per-view industry.

For your Mayweather vs. Hatton fight week updates, stay tuned to Doghouse Boxing or log on to www.hbo.com.

Hall Of Fame
    Ricky Hatton speaks on Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather Jr
    By Johnny Benz (Sept 27, 2007) Doghouse Boxing

At a recent round table interview with Ricky Hatton, our very own Gabriel Montoya was on hand and got some great questions in. Amongst some of the many great questions asked, Montoya asked the Hitman was how he plans on succeeding when others such as Oscar De La Hoya and Jose Luis Castillo in the recent past have come up empty handed against Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Hatton was sure his kind of pressure would be different and delcared anyone who thinks he doesn't have a chance on December
    8th when he faces of against Mayweather Jr., doesn't know what they are talking about.

Montoya asked Hatton: Castillo tried to bully him into the ropes. A lot of people thought he won their first fight. Oscar tried to box him. Both of those guys failed. How are you going to succeed where they failed?

Hatton's response: "Jose put the pressure on him. Didn’t give him the space to use his speed and the wonderful talent that he’s got. And Oscar tried to outbox him. They both put the pressure on him but not like Ricky Hatton can put it on someone."

Hatton added: So anyone that says I don’t have a chance, they don’t know what they are talking about. You can look at those two fights, people that have pushed him back and put the pressure on him. They very nearly beat him. A lot of people felt Castillo won the first fight.

You can catch the full interview with Montoya and Hatton by visiting our home page.

It's certainly not worth missing.

ugh, that Malignaggi-Ndou fight was so boring and so lopsided, sucks we have to see it again. But since Paulie was given a title shot without being ranked in the top ten, Ndou's camp forced him to sign the contract with a rematch clause.

The other rumored fight i've heard for this card is a rematch between Ponce De Leon and Penalosa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green View Post
    I think it would be cool if each major fight had its own thread so we don't have to start new ones as they get lost in the sauce of the main board

here's an update on the undercard...

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Ricky Hatton Card Update
    By Vikram Birring (Oct 2, 2007) DoghouseBoxing

Doghouse Boxing has just been informed that Paulie “Magic Man” Malignaggi will be facing Lovemore “Black Panther” N’dou on December 8 in Las Vegas, on the undercard of the spectacular Floyd Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton show.

Malignaggi previously defeated N’dou on June 16 in Uncasville, Connecticut, by unanimous decision to win the IBF Junior Welterweight Championship.

From presser: “UNDEFEATED,” featuring Mayweather’s defense of his world welterweight championship against the universally recognized world junior welterweight champion Ricky Hatton, will be promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and Mayweather Promotions at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Tickets for “UNDEFEATED,” priced at $1,000, $750, $600, $300 and $150, go on sale Monday, Sept. 17 at 10 am PT Tickets will be available for purchase by visiting www.ticketmaster.com or to charge by phone with a major credit card call (702) 474-4000. Ticket sales will be limited to two (2) per person.

The Mayweather vs. Hatton pay-per-view telecast, beginning at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT, will be produced and distributed by HBO Pay-Per-View and will be available to more than 61 million pay-per-view homes. The telecast will be available in HD-TV for those viewers who can receive HD. HBO Pay-Per-View is the leading supplier of event programming to the pay-per-view industry.

For your Mayweather vs. Hatton fight week updates, stay tuned to Doghouse Boxing or log on to www.hbo.com.
    Thanks, Bro, I was looking for this, but I didn't find anything listed in the boxing schedule I posted.

This undercard sucks, so far. They need some juice, especially if they expect people to shell out $54.00, which will probably be the price.

It's a shame that these PPV can't put together better undercards. Just look at how great a job HBO did with the Williams-Margarito fight.

Heck, the undercard for the Mosely-Cotto fight is better.

I'll cut them some slack, since only one match has been announced so far, but they've got to do a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiJet View Post
    Thanks, Bro, I was looking for this, but I didn't find anything listed in the boxing schedule I posted.

This undercard sucks, so far. They need some juice, especially if they expect people to shell out $54.00, which will probably be the price.

It's a shame that these PPV can't put together better undercards. Just look at how great a job HBO did with the Williams-Margarito fight.

Heck, the undercard for the Mosely-Cotto fight is better.

I'll cut them some slack, since only one match has been announced so far, but they've got to do a better job.

the Cotto-Mosley undercard is tremendous! Casamayor is in with a live underdog, and being his first fight in over a year it should be very competitive.
    Getting Margarito on the card is fabulous. It could also be a set up for Cotto-Margarito in 2008. And Victor Ortiz is a very hyped lightweight prospect. He was on Versus a month ago and dominated Josh Clottey's brother, who fights nothing like Josh unfortunately

It appears the Malignaggi-Ndou rumored rematch is false...Dan Rafael of ESPN is saying Paulie is not fighting again until January at the earliest. Dan Rafael can't break down a fight, but he has great sources.

10,000 tickets already sold for closed circuit in vegas! crazy.

Golden Boy, which is promoting Mayweather-Hatton, has signed Jeff Lacy to a promotional deal and his first fight since rotator cuff surgery will be on the undercard.

Read this on boxingscene.com

Hall Of Fame
    Margarito, Casamayor, Ortiz highlight Cotto-Mosley undercard

LAS VEGAS -- Antonio Margarito, Joel Casamayor and rising prospect Victor Ortiz will get their next fights on the undercard of Miguel Cotto's bout with Sugar Shane Mosley on Nov. 10.

Promoters Bob Arum and Oscar De La Hoya formally announced their lineup of supporting fights Saturday, filling the Madison Square Garden card with popular boxers for the HBO pay-per-view broadcast.

"Instead of doing what so many promoters -- including ourselves -- have done in the past and put on a junk undercard, we decided we would pack this card so we could show how great the sport is, and how many great fighters there are in the sport," Arum said.

Margarito (34-5, 24 KOs), who lost his WBO welterweight title belt to Paul Williams in July, will fight NABF champ Golden Johnson, who upset Oscar Diaz last November. Margarito already is campaigning to fight the winner of Cotto's meeting with Mosley for the WBA welterweight title.

Casamayor (34-3-1, 21 KOs), the former Cuban Olympian who won the WBC lightweight title last year by beating the late Diego Corrales, will get his first action in 13 months when he fights former titleholder Jose Armando Santa Cruz.

Ortiz (19-1-1, 14 KOs), Arum's prize junior welterweight prospect, will fight former champion Carlos Maussa, who was knocked out by Ricky Hatton in November 2005.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Practice Squad
    Looks like you need to put this undercard announcement in it's own thread, MBG.

Wow - that is a great undercard. Thanks for the info. Looks like I'm going to have to make the dinner reservations a bit earlier to catch them all. I really like Maussa, but after the beating he took from Hatton, he lost to a nobody and hasn't fought for over a year. Let's see what Carlos The Apostle still has left in the tank. Man, I hope he makes Arum's boy struggle a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by person View Post
    the Cotto-Mosley undercard is tremendous! Casamayor is in with a live underdog, and being his first fight in over a year it should be very competitive.
    Getting Margarito on the card is fabulous. It could also be a set up for Cotto-Margarito in 2008. And Victor Ortiz is a very hyped lightweight prospect. He was on Versus a month ago and dominated Josh Clottey's brother, who fights nothing like Josh unfortunately

Agreed. The undercard for Cotto-Mosley is really good.

Btw, the fight between Ortiz and Clottey was replayed last night on Vs.

Vs may be underated. they show some good fights.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubba View Post
    Looks like you need to put this undercard announcement in it's own thread, MBG.

Wow - that is a great undercard. Thanks for the info. Looks like I'm going to have to make the dinner reservations a bit earlier to catch them all. I really like Maussa, but after the beating he took from Hatton, he lost to a nobody and hasn't fought for over a year. Let's see what Carlos The Apostle still has left in the tank. Man, I hope he makes Arum's boy struggle a bit...
    I think Maussa was done when Cotto KOd him