Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama got it right from day 1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Obama got it right from day 1

people say Obama is a 'typical' candidate

the truth is he is the only candidate to oppose this war when it was unpopular to do so

[quote]"What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income -- to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics."
    -Barack Obama, October 2, 2002[/quote]

fast forward 5 years

[quote]"Some seek to rewrite history. They argue that they weren't really voting for war, they were voting for inspectors, or for diplomacy. But the Congress, the Administration, the media, and the American people all understood what we were debating in the fall of 2002.

This was a vote about whether or not to go to war. That's the truth as we all understood it then, and as we need to understand it now. [B]And we need to ask those who voted for the war: {cough cough Hillary} how can you give the President a blank check and then act surprised when he cashes it?"[/B]-Barack Obama, October 2, 2007[/quote]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2124008]people say Obama is a 'typical' candidate

the truth is he is the only candidate to oppose this war when it was unpopular to do so

fast forward 5 years[/QUOTE]

Go Obama!

The more desperate he gets, the more he'll highlight some inconvenient Democratic truths.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote]
    In great empires the people who live in the capital, and in the provinces remote from the scene of action, feel, many of them, scarce any inconveniency from the war; but enjoy, at their ease, the amusement of reading in the newspapers the exploits of their own fleets and armies. To them this amusement compensates the small difference between the taxes which they pay on account of the war, and those which they had been accustomed to pay in time of peace. They are commonly dissatisfied with the return of peace, which puts an end to their amusement, and to a thousand visionary hopes of conquest and national glory from a longer continuance of the war.
    [/quote]

adam smith - wealth of nations - 1776

turns out he was right about everything, except for the fact that taxes raise during times of war - ever since Bush uspended the basic rules of macroeconomics.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2124182]adam smith - wealth of nations - 1776

turns out he was right about everything, except for the fact that taxes raise during times of war - ever since Bush uspended the basic rules of macroeconomics.[/QUOTE]

Adam Smith was a stupid pinko-libtard-communist.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2124223]Adam Smith was a stupid pinko-libtard-communist.[/QUOTE]
    Adam Smith was talking about empires, the British Empire most likely.

Anyone care to discuss how different the United States is today than the British Empire of the 18th Century? Maybe we can discuss how Adam Smith might have viewed gay marriage?

Bit should have his wiki-privileges suspended for a week.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I figured this thread would be about hussien obama proclaiming to the world and America's enemies before he's even received the nomination that nukes are off the table no matter what....but I'm sure that issue would be rendered boring....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2124316]
    Anyone care to discuss how different the United States is today than the British Empire of the 18th Century? [/QUOTE]

um wait... i know this one...

they have King George the III we have George IV!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2124532]um wait... i know this one...

they have King George the III we have George IV![/QUOTE]
    Not bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those who forget history are enlightened. History is gay.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Be careful

of being swept into the deceptive left-right paradigm.

[url]www.freedom-force.org[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2124574]Those who forget history are enlightened. History is gay.[/QUOTE]

Interesting take on those who do not know or understand history are doomed to repeat its failures....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    O-BA-MANIA... can you feel it?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tydfsfSQiYc[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    sure...just like you feel those live birth abortions perishing on the shelf!!

rock on!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2211780]sure...just like you feel those live birth abortions perishing on the shelf!!

rock on!!![/QUOTE]

If that's all the neocons have on him, he's in good shape.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;2211805]If that's all the neocons have on him, he's in good shape.[/QUOTE]

all along the lunatic leftists claim he's fit to be president because "he's like a rock star".....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-15-2007 at 04:33 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2124223]Adam Smith was a stupid pinko-libtard-communist.[/QUOTE]

Communist? Adam Smith was one of the pioneers of modern free market economics. Your post couldn’t be more wrong.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the same Obama who couldn't even win a democratic primary for a House seat in 2000. Now just 7 years later he is qualified to be President?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2211863]Communist? Adam Smith was one of the pioneers of modern free market economics. Your post couldn’t be more wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2211904]This is the same Obama who couldn't even win a democratic primary for a House seat in 2000. Now just 7 years later he is qualified to be President?[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize winning a primary for a House seat was required to become President.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;2211917]I didn't realize winning a primary for a House seat was required to become President.[/QUOTE]
    It helps though.

Watching this debate tonight. Plenty of laughs. (Obama is not good at making things up as he goes along. Joe Biden is a maestro at that, seems relaxed. Richardson is pretty good on his feet. Hillary is prepared (and being asked questions like "is it really a boys club you're fighting against, hillary?" - and then given 5 minutes to speak - Dodd is being ignored, Edwards was booed (wrongly, I thought - pro-Hillary crowd) - and Blitzer talks too much. All them seem to think that they're running against Bush and Cheney, though - either one of those two are more than the whole stage combined.)