Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama got it right from day 1

[QUOTE=parafly;2211917]I didn't realize winning a primary for a House seat was required to become President.[/QUOTE]

The point is that his own party didn't think he was qualified enough to be a representative but now he is presidential.

Come on gimme a break

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2212764]The point is that his own party didn't think he was qualified enough to be a representative but now he is presidential.

Come on gimme a break[/QUOTE]

This argument doesn't make any sense because in case you didn't notice he is a US Senator. How can you disqualify a person by cherry picking a lost primary and ignoring everything that happened afterwards?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=parafly;2212778]This argument doesn't make any sense because in case you didn't notice he [B]was[/B] a US Senator. How can you disqualify a person by cherry picking a lost primary and ignoring everything that happened afterwards?[/QUOTE]

fixed ;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=LI2OH;2212786]fixed ;)[/QUOTE]

:confused:

He is still a US Senator for the state of Illinois.

[URL="http://obama.senate.gov/about/"]http://obama.senate.gov/about/[/URL]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=parafly;2212795]:confused:

He is still a US Senator for the state of Illinois.

[URL="http://obama.senate.gov/about/"]http://obama.senate.gov/about/[/URL][/QUOTE]

ur right....i'm retarded :D

[QUOTE=parafly;2212778]This argument doesn't make any sense because in case you didn't notice he is a US Senator. How can you disqualify a person by cherry picking a lost primary and ignoring everything that happened afterwards?[/QUOTE]

What happened afterwards ??? What is his big piece of legislation?

What has he done?

Did he vote for or against the war? (HINT: trick question)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2213212]What happened afterwards ??? What is his big piece of legislation?

What has he done?

Did he vote for or against the war? (HINT: trick question)[/QUOTE]

You're right. Obama has accomplished nothing in life. How dare he enter the race for the White House. :rolleyes:

I was going to list some of Obama's life achievements here, but I decided against it since you don't seem to be very open minded. I wonder whether you question the credibility of the Republican candidates as fiercely as you do Obama's. Something tells me no...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=parafly;2213242]You're right. George Bush has accomplished nothing in life. How dare he enter the race for the White House. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

;)

Barrack Obama President of hittin that ass.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2211845]all along the lunatic leftists claim he's fit to be president because "he's like a rock star".....[/QUOTE]
    Just waiting for the media to start asking those hard hitting questions, e.g.
    "Briefs or boxers?"

I think it's fair to ask what meaningful Legislation Obama has personally brought to the Senate. I think such information would be a good reflection of what he brings to the table. Along with his voting record, such things clearly indicate how much he got done while in that office. Just saying "He is a Senator" is fine, but it doesn't mean much on it's own. What he did (or did not) do once he got there is much more important.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote=Jetfan_Johnny;2211904]This is the same Obama who couldn't even win a democratic primary for a House seat in 2000. Now just 7 years later he is qualified to be President?[/quote]

'eh hem. What did George Bush do that qualified him to be President?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote=Jetfan_Johnny;2212764]The point is that his own party didn't think he was qualified enough to be a representative but now he is presidential.

Come on gimme a break[/quote]

...and George Bush lost the election fair and square, but his bro' pulled some strings...I mean "chads" and the rest is history.

How in the hell is that dude from TV qualified to be President?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote=Warfish;2213340]I think it's fair to ask what meaningful Legislation Obama has personally brought to the Senate. I think such information would be a good reflection of what he brings to the table. Along with his voting record, such things clearly indicate how much he got done while in that office. Just saying "He is a Senator" is fine, but it doesn't mean much on it's own. What he did (or did not) do once he got there is much more important.[/quote]

Anything is better than our current vacation happy stubborn idiot president.

[QUOTE=DowntownScience;2213353]Anything is better than our current vacation happy stubborn idiot president.[/QUOTE]

That is VERY lazy thinking in my opinion. No, "anything" is NOT better.

After Clinton I and Bush II, I think it's about time we demanded more that "anything is beter than the last guy".

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2213340]I think it's fair to ask what meaningful Legislation Obama has personally brought to the Senate. I think such information would be a good reflection of what he brings to the table. Along with his voting record, such things clearly indicate how much he got done while in that office. Just saying "He is a Senator" is fine, but it doesn't mean much on it's own. What he did (or did not) do once he got there is much more important.[/QUOTE]

The info is out there for anyone who wishes to know. Personally, I know that Obama has introduced legislation dealing with deceptive voting practices, transparency in federal funding, and just a couple of weeks ago, introduced legislation that states Bush has no authority to attack Iran.

Disqualifying him without checking the facts is irresponsible at best. Disqualifying him for losing a House primary in 2000 is illogical when you consider that he has become a productive US Senator since that time.

[QUOTE=DowntownScience;2213348]'eh hem. What did George Bush do that qualified him to be President?[/QUOTE]
    He was governor of Texas. In fact, he was given little chance to knock off the nationally popular Gov. Ann Richards - but he did. One'd think a scientist like you could wikipedia such basic knowledge.

In fact, the data shows he's quite a powerful politician, but since you and yours have been chanting "Bush is dumb" or "Bush is evil" (situationally flexible chants, you know) for so long now, you overlook very basic things. He also rules the sh*t out of the Democratic majority House and Senate - or have you not noticed them being pushed around by Preznint Chimp, either?

Go have a banana.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2213475]He was governor of Texas. [/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="6"]wow[/SIZE][/B]

That's amazing.

He should be proud of himself.

Governor of Texas.

Super.

That must be why he has such a great handle on the illegal immigration policy.

Because he was governor of Texas.

Lots of brush to clear.

Lots.

[QUOTE=petedogg50;2213290]Barrack Obama President of hittin that ass.[/QUOTE]

leon rocks

"im just a black man - doin what I do baby"

[QUOTE=sackdance;2213475] He also rules the sh*t out of the Democratic majority House and Senate - or have you not noticed them being pushed around by Preznint Chimp, either?
    [/QUOTE]

that can be the good legacy of George W. Bush - pushing around a spineless congress for 8 years