Thread: I don't get it....

I don't get it....

Watching the Ducks/Wings game here....about 1 min to go in OT, and there is a penalty called on DET for Hooking, and another on ANA for Diving.......Does this make no sense to anyone else but me???????

If there is, in fact, a hook then how can there possibly be a dive? Are you penalizing the guy for just falling a little extra than he should have after actually having a penalty committed on him?

To me it has to go one way or another....either a hook, or a dive......I saw this a few times last year, and it made no sense....

Jets Insider VIP
    I have always had issues with that myself. But yes, embellishment might be the best explanation.

I was at the Philly - Rangers exhibition on 9/22/07 and they called the same thing "diving" at first I said what the hell is that but I watch Premiership soccer (Man U Fan) on fox sports and let me tell you Diving is killing soccer, it has gotten way out of hand. A player just grazes into another and the guy falls to the pitch like he's been shot looking for a yellow card or a free kick.
    It's good that the NHL is handing out penalties to phonies who flop to the ice looking for a call, believe me if they allow it to go on it will get out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by extra714 View Post
    I was at the Philly - Rangers exhibition on 9/22/07 and they called the same thing "diving" at first I said what the hell is that but I watch Premiership soccer (Man U Fan) on fox sports and let me tell you Diving is killing soccer, it has gotten way out of hand. A player just grazes into another and the guy falls to the pitch like he's been shot looking for a yellow card or a free kick.
    It's good that the NHL is handing out penalties to phonies who flop to the ice looking for a call, believe me if they allow it to go on it will get out of hand.
    Oh, it's not the diving call that I care about...it is calling diving AND hooking on the same play...it can't be both...either a penalty or its not...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken O'Brien #7 View Post
    Oh, it's not the diving call that I care about...it is calling diving AND hooking on the same play...it can't be both...either a penalty or its not...
    Oh I know what you're saying - I'd have to see the video. What do you think about the Goal Judges not being behind the net this season? I know they were reviewing everything close anyway but I find it very different without them.