Thread: Heavyweights fighting in October

Heavyweights fighting in October

2 title defenses...

Sam Peter defending the ridiculous WBC Interim Heavyweight Title vs Jameel Mcline.

On the undercard , Davarryl Williamson vs Kali Meehan and Andrew Golota vs Kevin McBride...what an absurd fight.

Sultan Ibragimov defending the WBO title against Evander Holyfield on October 13th. Unreal that Holy is getting another shot, but i would be far from surprised if he got a UD.

Also, now on October 13, undercard of Juan Diaz-Julio Diaz has John Ruiz fighting Sergei Lyakhovich.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by person View Post
    2 title defenses...

Sam Peter defending the ridiculous WBC Interim Heavyweight Title vs Jameel Mcline.

On the undercard , Davarryl Williamson vs Kali Meehan and Andrew Golota vs Kevin McBride...what an absurd fight.

Sultan Ibragimov defending the WBO title against Evander Holyfield on October 13th. Unreal that Holy is getting another shot, but i would be far from surprised if he got a UD.

Also, now on October 13, undercard of Juan Diaz-Julio Diaz has John Ruiz fighting Sergei Lyakhovich.
    Damn! Each fight sounds worse than the one preceding it! The only fighter that I am even remotely interested in is Peter, but only if he keeps his weight down! Jameel McCline, who is from Port Jefferson, Long Island, would probably have been a nice blocking tight end in the NFL. It's just too bad he can't fight!

The only thing I can really say is I hope Ibragimov takes out Evander, and Lyakhovich destroys Ruiz. That would be a start in cleaning up the most pathetic division in organized sports!

Banned
    What I don't get is why hasn't Klitschko tried to unify the titles? He's clearly the best heavyweight in boxing (although that doesn't say much).

Even though the division is weak in talent it would help if there was one undisputed champion.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    What I don't get is why hasn't Klitschko tried to unify the titles? He's clearly the best heavyweight in boxing (although that doesn't say much).

Even though the division is weak in talent it would help if there was one undisputed champion.
    Because Steward knows he has a glass jaw. Thus, he is being very careful with whom he puts Wlad up against. Although he did put him in there with Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post

Wlad very much wants to unify. It has everything to do with mandatories. Wlad will have to make a mandatory by the late spring. The Ibragimov-Holyfield winner will have to face WBO mandatory Tony Thompson. Ruslan Chagaev is the WBA champ, but now Lyakhovich and Ruiz are fighting to be his mandatory. That leaves the Peter-McCline winner, but they will have to deal with Maskaev and possibly Vitaly....it's all b/s politics.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Because Steward knows he has a glass jaw. Thus, he is being very careful with whom he puts Wlad up against. Although he did put him in there with Peter.
    He has far from a glass jaw. Nobody wants to fight him right now because they would lose. He's trying to get fights with other champs but they wont take them.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    He has far from a glass jaw. Nobody wants to fight him right now because they would lose. He's trying to get fights with other champs but they wont take them.
    While I tend to agree with you that Wlad would beat the others, you can't deny he doesn't take the best punch. While Wlad was blessed with superior boxing skills, he doesn't come close to having the chin of Vitaly.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    While I tend to agree with you that Wlad would beat the others, you can't deny he doesn't take the best punch. While Wlad was blessed with superior boxing skills, he doesn't come close to having the chin of Vitaly.
    Agreed Vitaly has a much tougher chin, if you put both those guys in one they would be one hell of a boxer.