Thread: Parcells Instead Of Belichick, Pennington Instead Of Burress, and Nugent For A #2

Parcells Instead Of Belichick, Pennington Instead Of Burress, and Nugent For A #2

What's my point? All were HORRIBLE moves!!! By a franchise that is renowned for HORRIBLE moves.

Today we had to watch Chad throw interception after interception, while Burress looked great.

Today Nugent missed another easy kick, but I guess we shouldn't expect much from a #2 pick, WHAT A BUM!!!

Today I was thinking that if instead of going with Bill P., the Jets had gone with Bill B., they might be something other than the JOKE they are.

This is one of the WORST Jets efforts in recent memory.

This Jets team STINKS!!! And is going NOWHERE!!!

Oh, and I forgot Revis instead of Ross, and Revis cost the Jets extra picks. Yeah, he really looks worth it???
    Last edited by JeffreyJet; 10-07-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I feel better now, i really do.

Hall Of Fame
    Dude, you can say that about every draft for every team ever...

Veteran

All Pro
    Wrong, wrong, right.

Parcells made this franchise respectable. Belicheck left, we didn't fire him.

Plaxico Burress was drafted 8th overall. The jets didn't pick until 12, which was Ellis, 13 was Abe and finally at 18 was Penny Boy.

And you should never draft a kicker that high, ever.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJet View Post
    What's my point? All were HORRIBLE moves!!! By a franchise that is renowned for HORRIBLE moves.

Today we had to watch Chad throw interception after interception, while Burress looked great.

Today Nugent missed another easy kick, but I guess we shouldn't expect much from a #2 pick, WHAT A BUM!!!

Today I was thinking that if instead of going with Bill P., the Jets had gone with Bill B., they might be something other than the JOKE they are.

Jesus look at you Mr. Hindsight. Hey can you do me a favor and come back in 10 years and tell me what I shoulda done 5 years from now? Thanks.

"Dude," this team is a JOKE!!! Can't you see that??? This team STINKS!!!

They can't defense the run or the pass, the QB STINKS, the O-line has maybe two good players on it, the D-line STINKS, the secondary stinks, and the line backers aren't looking to good either.

Draft??? This organization doesn't do anything right!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Ahhhhhh we all know the horrors of Jet drafts past. Lets not go there

Belichick left because the Jets INSULTED him!!! You can't figure that out???

The Jets thought Parcells was the better coach, obviously they were wrong.

Had the Jets treated Belichick with respect, he would have stayed. Now he will stick it to the Jets forever.

Just wait until he coaches the Giants. They'll be good for a couple of championships as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Oh, and I forgot Revis instead of Ross, and Revis cost the Jets extra picks. Yeah, he really looks worth it???

Hall Of Fame

So is your decision to post here.

All League
    Jefferey,

Are you SURE that you would've preferred Belichick? After all, his three Lombardi trophies do come with imaginary asterisks...

Cool

The Jets thought Parcells was the better coach, obviously they were wrong.

Had the Jets treated Belichick with respect, he would have stayed. Now he will stick it to the Jets forever.

Just wait until he coaches the Giants. They'll be good for a couple of championships as well.
    Parcells has taken 4 different teams to the playoffs (with different QB's), 2 teams to the SB ans has 2 SB rings. Bellichick was an idiot savant with a losing career record until Tom Brady fell into his lap. Plus the Pats SB wins are tainted not just by cheating but by a "tuck rule" that hasn't been called since. I'll take Parcells over Bellichick anyday of the week.

Besides, the Pats ain't getting past Indy anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

As much as I hate Parcells we're still knee deep in Tuna Helper. If you don't go to the wedding...

Agree on Nuge also. Unbelieveably bad move even as a knee-jerk response to the Brien debacle.

Unlike Dyson, I'm not missing Plexiglass. What's he ginna do for them?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Parcells has taken 4 different teams to the playoffs (with different QB's), 2 teams to the SB ans has 2 SB rings. Bellichick was an idiot savant with a losing career record until Tom Brady fell into his lap. Plus the Pats SB wins are tainted not just by cheating but by a "tuck rule" that hasn't been called since. I'll take Parcells over Bellichick anyday of the week.

Besides, the Pats ain't getting past Indy anyway.
    How many SB's did the Tuna win without BB on his staff?

Revis will be a better player than Ross. He came to TC late. Missed valuable time. He's treading water. Trying to hold his own. While his teamates are swirling around in a state of listless confusion. Like Dyson. Who was "Plaxicoed", by Burress.

Yes. Ross made a good play at snaring one of Chad's many ducks that waddle out to the sidelines. When Revis sees that many ducks floating his way...he'll get his share of INT's. And a TD or two.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet. This is just stupid pissing and moaning over things that are out of our control.

Parcells over BB?? You're dumb if you really believe at the time (1996) that the Jets would be best suited to hire BB instead of Parcells. At the time, Parcells was the only guy who had won a SB. Best thing BB had been known for at that point was good defense and getting fired in Cleveland.

Burress over Penny?? Another stupid assumption. Tell me something genius, why do you think Plaxico Burress was allowed to sign with the Giants? If he was as great as you claim he is, then why didn't he stick with Pittsburgh?

Nugent will be fine. He's missed a couple of kicks and isn't playing especially well right now but he'll turn it on. You're complaining about nothing any way. Even if Nugent had been money so far this season, it still wouldn't help this team. They are getting blown out of games.......

What a shock - JeffreyJet knows so little about football that he thinks the Jets took Penny over Burress, and that the Jets should have taken Ross over Revis.

And you're all experts???

How many Superbowls did Bill P. win without Bill B.??? ZERO!!!

How many Superbowls does Bill B. have??? 3, soon to be 4, and more if he stays a coach in the NFL.

And after Bill P. decided he didn't want to coach the Jets anymore, who was offered the job??? Bill B., I wonder why??? Because they thought he stunk??? I don't think so!!!

As for why the Steelers let Burress go, didn't we let Farrior get away??? And who took him??? The Steelers!!! So what's you point??? You don't have one!!!

And yes, I'd have taken Ross over Revis, and SAVED THE EXTRA PICKS FOR SOME OTHER PLAYERS!!!

Will Revis end up being that much better than Ross, I doubt it, if better at all.

And Nugent STINKS!!! You'll come to see that!!! But never admit how wrong you were about the BUM!!!
    Last edited by JeffreyJet; 10-08-2007 at 06:49 PM.