Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come Sunday, the rain of boos should be showering down on.....

Come Sunday, the rain of boos should be showering down on.....

ERIC MANGINI

I posted this in another thread

Ive been calling for Clemens, since right after the loss to the Pats, that being said everyday that has passed my ill feeling towards chad grew a lil more and i went from really admiring the guy to absolutley hating him, And then i got to thinking the other day. This is on Mangina, I mean i would love for Pennington to pull a scene from rudy and put his jersey on the coaches desk and tell him he thinks KC should start, but that aint happening.

Mangina, for all the good he has done last year, has lost alot of credibility with me. I really hope im just overreacting and he has a plan but i just dont see it.

He has mad Pennington public enemy number 1 to Jet fans

The cat calls at giant stadium should be directed at the heAd coach, the writing has been on the wall since January, he didnt see it, now everyone else in this world sees it (except a certain few on this board) and he still dont.

Maybe the Windstrol got to his brain.....
    And really as bad as chad is and as bad as he is gonna be, do you expect him to pull himself from the game??? I mean i guess he could pull a Roger Clemens and fake an injury but thats not Penny's style

This has to fall and Mangina and his pink lady coaching staff

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    ERIC MANGINI

And really as bad as chad is and as bad as he is gonna be, do you expect him to pull himself from the game??? I mean i guess he could pull a Roger Clemens and fake an injury but thats not Penny's style

Jets Insider VIP
    ERIC MANGINI

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    LOL @ 'pink lady coaching staff' - except Westhoff, thats one tough ass mofo...he needs to tell Nuge to straighten the **** out
    yea you know what i didnt even think of Westoff when i was writing, I bet you he has beaten somebody with the cane he used to walk wit, he looks like one of those guys that looks right thru you in a dark alley

Pennington's playing poorly, somehow you blame Mangini for making Pennington the "enemy #1"?

That makes no sense. I agree that Pennington needs to be pulled, but to somehow not blame Pennington for his own piss-poor performance is ludicrious

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Pennington's playing poorly, somehow you blame Mangini for making Pennington the "enemy #1"?

That makes no sense. I agree that Pennington needs to be pulled, but to somehow not blame Pennington for his own piss-poor performance is ludicrious
    I agree about that, but the original point concerns leaving Chad in there. THAT is Mangini's tidy little pile, and that deserves a boo or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post

I never said i dont blame pennington......i havent been a Penny fan for a while now, but he is not gonna bench himself, EM has to step up to the plate and do what is right for this season, the franchise and the future.

I dont care Boo pennington all you want, **** i dont even think i can watch the game if he is the QB anymore, but ultimatly it is EM that is holding us back now. Cp has actually played himself out of a job yet EM is too ***** to make the switch

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blocker View Post
    I agree about that, but the original point concerns leaving Chad in there. THAT is Mangini's tidy little pile, and that deserves a boo or two.
    Exactly, Pennington has lived up to his end of the deal and actually played his way off the field, yet Mangin will not sieze this golden oppertunity, Mangina is holding this team back with his stubborness.

Everyone, and i mean everyone, from the fans, to the media, to CP himself have to know that he is basically done as the QB. EM is just avoiding the inevitable for a what reason i have no idea

WITHOUT CHANGE, WHERE DOES PROGRESS STAND

Hall Of Fame
    Exactly, Pennington has lived up to his end of the deal and actually played his way off the field, yet Mangin will not sieze this golden oppertunity, Mangina is holding this team back with his stubborness.

Everyone, and i mean everyone, from the fans, to the media, to CP himself have to know that he is basically done as the QB. EM is just avoiding the inevitable for a what reason i have no idea

WITHOUT CHANGE, WHERE DOES PROGRESS STAND
    You're crazy. Chad played poorly on Sunday, but he is nowhere close to being the team's biggest concern right now. If Chad Pennington is truly "Public Enemy #1" among Jet fans, that just speaks to the lack of football knowledge among this highly overrated fanbase.

This team goes into every game at a distinct disadvantage in the trenches. That's more than half the battle right there, the fact that they are even close in some of these games is a testament to "ManIdiot" and his know-nothing CS, as well as Pennington. Do you realize the Jets are the 2nd best team in the NFL on converting 3rd downs ? That's a reflection of play design and play calling, as well as execution by the QB. Keep in mind, Chad just can't try to move the ball and score points. He can't take deep shots, and the Jets can't be patient with the running game, because they have the worst front 7 defensive personnel in the entire league. Punting the ball used to be no big deal when you had Jason Ferguson and John Abraham on your DL. Now, punting the ball is a big loss for the Jets. Chad would be outstanding with just an average defense, but he doesn't have one - he has one of the worst defenses in the entire league. Where is the criticism for "The Animal" Jonathan Vilma ? I DVRed the game and rewatched most of it, Vilma is just an awful football player, I'm sorry. Missed tackles, blown assignments (try finding him on the Shockey TD), playing tenatively. All this talk about how he's not a 3-4 LB - He doesn't make plays when he's unblocked !! He tippy toes around there even when no blocker is on him.

Now people are looking at Clemens as this savior. "Put him in and the running game will improve because secondaries would backup off the LOS" - complete hogwash. I don't care how strong your arm is, you can't connect on deep balls without deep threats - and the Jets don't have any. The receivers are good, but they aren't speed receivers. A lot of Jet fans reference the Baltimore game, but where were the deep passes ? Clemens's biggest completions can on intermediate passes to Cotchery who did most of the damage running after the catch.

You can't throw that 2nd INT if you're Chad, so I'm not going to complain if he keeps playing like he has the last 2 weeks and Mangini decides to throw Clemens in. But the notion that Clemens gives the Jets a better chance to win games right now is simply ludicrous.

And one final thing - people who knock this CS simply have no understanding of the sport. Awful defensive personnel, no movement in the running game from the OL, and no deep speed. What exactly should they do other than what they've been doing ? The Jets win that game if not for numerous mistakes which have nothing to do with coaching (Chad's 2nd INT, Vilma's offsides, Dyson's missed tackles on Burress, Nugent's missed FG).

Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05 View Post
    You're crazy. Chad played poorly on Sunday, but he is nowhere close to being the team's biggest concern right now.
    you lost me right about here.....

Hall Of Fame
    you lost me right about here.....
    Somehow, I'm not surprised.

The Jets were outrushed 188 to 55, and the biggest problem is Chad Pennington ? Tell me how the rifle-armed Kellen Clemens is going to change that.

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

The Jets were outrushed 188 to 55, and the biggest problem is Chad Pennington ? Tell me how the rifle-armed Kellen Clemens is going to change that.
    not typing it all again and i dont have the search feature but in short
    better play from QB will spread the defense, in turn open up more running lanes which equals better running game, that becomes better ball control which controls the tempo of the game, control the tempo of the game and your d is fresher

Not to mention more offensive out put could fire the d up a lil and make them wanna hold up there end of the bARGIN or maybe play a lil looser because the o can overcome a deficit

its a ripple effect

I ask you again

without change, where does progress stand

Hall Of Fame
    not typing it all again and i dont have the search feature but in short
    better play from QB will spread the defense, in turn open up more running lanes which equals better running game, that becomes better ball control which controls the tempo of the game, control the tempo of the game and your d is fresher
    Complete BS. Teams are not going to back off just because you put Clemens in there. There aren't any deep threats. Deep speed forces teams to keep their safties back, not a strong-armed QB. Aaron Brooks has one of the strongest arms I've ever seen from a QB, did any team back off the LOS last year when he was with Oakland ? Of course not, Moss was hobbling and the Raiders had no deep speed. What about Drew Brees this year ? Outstanding year last season, but has no real consistent deep threats at WR with Henderson disappointing.

Want to run the ball ? Run block. That's football.

Not to mention more offensive out put could fire the d up a lil and make them wanna hold up there end of the bARGIN or maybe play a lil looser because the o can overcome a deficit
    Ugh...more fluff. Do you have any proof to backup this nonsense ? It's sad to see the CS knocked by fans who continually pull stuff out of their asses to formulate arguments - embarrassing.

its a ripple effect
    Of course it is. The Jets have to operate this way offensively because of their horrendous defense. This is nothing new. Chad has been protecting this defense for years, as moronic Jet fans continued to praise "beasts" like Jonathan Vilma for not allowing 300 points in a season. Like that has nothing to do with Chad's management of these games.

I ask you again

without change, where does progress stand
    Instead of coming up with empty expressions in a vain attempt to make yourself sound insightful, how about just talking basic football ?

The Jets can only make real progress this year with improved play on the OL and DL. The OL has passblocked better the past 3 1/4 games, which is "progress". They need guys like Clarke, Mandold, and Ferguson to improve as run blockers while still providing steady pass protection. They need the defense to play more physical at the LOS. Hopefully we'll see more of Mosley, Pouha, and DeVito and less of Robertson and Hicks the rest of the way. More of Harris, less of Vilma. More of Smith, less of Erik Coleman.

You will never win big with bad line play. Right now, the Jets have bad line play. Kellen Clemens isn't changing that.

Banned
    Serp, is that gif your art?

Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin View Post
    Serp, is that gif your art?
    nah man wish it was

Complete BS. Teams are not going to back off just because you put Clemens in there. There aren't any deep threats. Deep speed forces teams to keep their safties back, not a strong-armed QB. Aaron Brooks has one of the strongest arms I've ever seen from a QB, did any team back off the LOS last year when he was with Oakland ? Of course not, Moss was hobbling and the Raiders had no deep speed. What about Drew Brees this year ? Outstanding year last season, but has no real consistent deep threats at WR with Henderson disappointing.

Want to run the ball ? Run block. That's football.

Ugh...more fluff. Do you have any proof to backup this nonsense ? It's sad to see the CS knocked by fans who continually pull stuff out of their asses to formulate arguments - embarrassing.

Of course it is. The Jets have to operate this way offensively because of their horrendous defense. This is nothing new. Chad has been protecting this defense for years, as moronic Jet fans continued to praise "beasts" like Jonathan Vilma for not allowing 300 points in a season. Like that has nothing to do with Chad's management of these games.

Instead of coming up with empty expressions in a vain attempt to make yourself sound insightful, how about just talking basic football ?

The Jets can only make real progress this year with improved play on the OL and DL. The OL has passblocked better the past 3 1/4 games, which is "progress". They need guys like Clarke, Mandold, and Ferguson to improve as run blockers while still providing steady pass protection. They need the defense to play more physical at the LOS. Hopefully we'll see more of Mosley, Pouha, and DeVito and less of Robertson and Hicks the rest of the way. More of Harris, less of Vilma. More of Smith, less of Erik Coleman.

You will never win big with bad line play. Right now, the Jets have bad line play. Kellen Clemens isn't changing that.
    Im gonna leave it like this cause i dont have the time to sit here and debate you.....contact me when Kellen Clemens takes over the reigns, and i am willing to bet whatever you want that he has at least a 500 record at seasons end (not including the balt game) and this after we have just went through basically the 3 easiest weeks of the schedule..

as far as the slight knocks and attacks at my knowledge and fan status ill let it slide...

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe it's me. But Booing Chad is wrong IMO.

You don't have to like all of Mangini's moves but as a fan I think you still support the team. You support team by cheering the team on.

I think a fan has a right to boo (he paid for his ticket); and I support that right but I wouldn't do it.

Hall Of Fame
    Im gonna leave it like this cause i dont have the time to sit here and debate you.....contact me when Kellen Clemens takes over the reigns, and i am willing to bet whatever you want that he has at least a 500 record at seasons end (not including the balt game) and this after we have just went through basically the 3 easiest weeks of the schedule..

as far as the slight knocks and attacks at my knowledge and fan status ill let it slide...
    If you want to play Clemens at some point because the season is lost and you want to get him experience, fine. But the notion that he is a better option to win games, and that Chad has somehow "held the team back" this season is complete lunacy. And anyone who states that simply doesn't know football.

Could Clemens win games later in the season ? Maybe. Because it stands to reason that the Jets OL will improve somewhat and maybe they'll start to give more snaps to the DLs who have some physicality. But it would be because of that, and not Kellen's rocket arm.

All League
    If you want to play Clemens at some point because the season is lost and you want to get him experience, fine. But the notion that he is a better option to win games, and that Chad has somehow "held the team back" this season is complete lunacy. And anyone who states that simply doesn't know football.

Could Clemens win games later in the season ? Maybe. Because it stands to reason that the Jets OL will improve somewhat and maybe they'll start to give more snaps to the DLs who have some physicality. But it would be because of that, and not Kellen's rocket arm.
    Why are ya wasting yer time, Rule...
    Do you actually believe it's possible to get through?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by burf View Post
    Why are ya wasting yer time, Rule...
    Do you actually believe it's possible to get through?
    Not really. But the Jet fanbase is like a community run by and populated mostly by mental patients. There needs to be at least a few people present to say that the CIA is not actually after them.

That's the biggest problem with the Jet fanbase - there are no voices of reason. Well, there are some, but they tend to go unheard amid waves and waves of unknowledgable fans who seem to make knee-jerk decisions on the team's future after each week. Every game is a referendum on the Jets franchise - where they are, and where they're going.