Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Chad Pennington Behavior vs. Joe Torre Behavior

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad Pennington Behavior vs. Joe Torre Behavior

No, not a thread about how Torre's arm is stronger. It's about two class guys, both needing a change in employment, and how we as fans should treat them.

With Joe Torre, it's a warm and sad goodbye filled with respect and admiration. He gets tremendous credit for 4 World Championships, is forever a first-class Yankee, and gets to go out with his head held high, mission accomplished, ready for enshrinement in the Hall of Fame, a fan legend always welcomed back.

With Chad Pennington, it's a cold and happy kick out the door filled with emptiness and disappointment. He gets no credit for anything because he failed to accomplish anything. He's forever a persona-non-grata Jet, gets shown the off ramp with his head between his legs, no mission accomplished, no special Jets 'day' in his future, a fan pariah, better forgotten.

We give them both some dignity as they leave town to make room for those that can get their jobs done better, but one is a success, the other a failure. No other comparisons are vaild.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    now you're just being mean.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No, not a thread about how Torre's arm is stronger. It's about two class guys, both needing a change in employment, and how we as fans should treat them.

With Joe Torre, it's a warm and sad goodbye filled with respect and admiration. He gets tremendous credit for 4 World Championships, is forever a first-class Yankee, and gets to go out with his head held high, mission accomplished, ready for enshrinement in the Hall of Fame, a fan legend always welcomed back.

With Chad Pennington, it's a cold and happy kick out the door filled with emptiness and disappointment. He gets no credit for anything because he failed to accomplish anything. He's forever a persona-non-grata Jet, gets shown the off ramp with his head between his legs, no mission accomplished, no special Jets 'day' in his future, a fan pariah, better forgotten.

We give them both some dignity as they leave town to make room for those that can get their jobs done better, but one is a success, the other a failure. No other comparisons are vaild.

SAR I
    Most true. It is a results oriented world. Everyone of us, whether we are in school, working for someone, self employed or retired (you lucky bastids know who you are), are measured on our accomplishments in the end. Those that do it with dignity and class, such as Joe and Chad deserve an exit with class. Those who accomplish something special - Deserve the recognition. I look forward to Torre's HOF election. I wish Chad the best in his next endevour. Now Let's move on.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your a fool.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could also be titled Cashman Vs. Mangni

Cashman needs to stop making Torre manage a team with aging vets, who due to injury are past thier primes...use the farm system and build a young team

Mangini needs to stop playing a aging vet, who due to injuries can't get it done anymore. Use the draft to find great talent and build a young team.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I wouldn't say he acomplished nothing , his name did sell a lot of soon to be useless jerseys.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Your a fool.
    No, just honest. You with us or what? You rooting for the team or are you a fan of a few players? This isn't tennis. It's football. Team sport. Do what's right for the team.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Can't this tool be banned and be done with it. Didn't SOOTH say something about banning disrespectful posters, who take the cheap shots at Chad? Nothing but a post whore with the same tune every post.