Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The truth on Rutgers football

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The truth on Rutgers football

After following the big east very religously I have to say that Rutgers is one of the most over hyped, overrated (or once was) teams in the nation. All summer I had predicted a 5 loss season from them.

1 Maryland
    2 Cinci
    3 USF
    4 WVU
    5 Louisville

Once called insane, and "on drugs" in other forums, the predictions loom on target.

They have no linebacking core, no fullback, and rice hasnt shown up the past 3 games. he has rushed for less than 100 yards in each. He is tied for 22nd on the rushing yards list.

I am not starting a fight, just stating that words Heisman, BCS, and Big East Champion should not be mentioned under the same breath as Rutgers, for atleast a little while. They have made strides, and big ones at that the past 3 years, and are making huge leaps in the recruiting.

This is a huge game for the RUT this weekend. The dome will have an above normal crowd for homecoming, and also considering rutgers "story" from the past few years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mangini sucks...Rutgers sucks...

It's so easy to kick people when they're down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    USF BULLS rock ,the ny jets of college football

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not so sure Rice sucks so much as it is the line. They've played far below their talent level this year.

Nevertheless, it's still a tough call on LU, WVU, and USF. Especially considering we beat 2 of those 3 teams last year and they're pretty much the same squad. Yeah USF might be the better team, but we match up better with them than we do WVU.

Alas, it doesn't really matter anymore anyways. The conference is pretty much out of reach. Best we can hope for is another bowl bid somewhere, which would make it 3 bowl years in a row. And considering where RU was 5 years ago, that's still pretty damn impressive.

Rome wasn't built in a day. We're on the verge of having 2 stellar recruiting classes, one of which includes what should turn out to be a great QB (finally). Schiano's clearly not going anywhere and it'll be interesting to see how things pan out now that recruiting's on the up and up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;2144097]USF BULLS rock ,the ny jets of college football[/QUOTE]

They'd probably beat us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bigeastjets;2144087]After following the big east very religously I have to say that Rutgers is one of the most over hyped, overrated (or once was) teams in the nation. All summer I had predicted a 5 loss season from them.

1 Maryland
    2 Cinci
    3 USF
    4 WVU
    5 Louisville

Once called insane, and "on drugs" in other forums, the predictions loom on target.

They have no linebacking core, no fullback, and rice hasnt shown up the past 3 games. he has rushed for less than 100 yards in each. He is tied for 22nd on the rushing yards list.

I am not starting a fight, just stating that words Heisman, BCS, and Big East Champion should not be mentioned under the same breath as Rutgers, for atleast a little while. They have made strides, and big ones at that the past 3 years, and are making huge leaps in the recruiting.

This is a huge game for the RUT this weekend. The dome will have an above normal crowd for homecoming, and also considering rutgers "story" from the past few years.[/QUOTE]

I've stated many times on these boards how they were overrated and overhyped but I've been persecuted by those wearing the Scarlet sunglasses... You don't stand much of a chance to convince any of the RU fans on this board. As they see it, Rutgers football is God's gift to American football, and no team will ever be better than RU football 2006. However, the results (still pending) show that they were indeed a media darling... They could lose 5 games, not the most realistic view, but it's doable. Lord knows their schedule has saved the best for last. I'm looking forward to watching them against Cuse this weekend in person, hopefully we keep it close and give them a game. I think USF will easily beat them (USF is the real deal) and WVU will beat them as well... Louisville will have trouble (hell, we beat them for God's sakes...) but they still have a good team. If you're watching this weekend, look for a sign along the lines of...

[B]E[/B] ven
    [B]S[/B] yracuse doesn't
    [B]P[/B] lay
    [B]N[/B] orfolk State

:D Just a jab at their high school schedule...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;2144102]They'd probably beat us.[/QUOTE]

They might i went to college there i love that team they are so disrespected in florida. I hope they go all the way but then again they are the jets of college football

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2144101]I'm not so sure Rice sucks so much as it is the line. They've played far below their talent level this year.

Nevertheless, it's still a tough call on LU, WVU, and USF. Especially considering we beat 2 of those 3 teams last year and they're pretty much the same squad. Yeah USF might be the better team, but we match up better with them than we do WVU.

Alas, it doesn't really matter anymore anyways. The conference is pretty much out of reach. Best we can hope for is another bowl bid somewhere, which would make it 3 bowl years in a row. And considering where RU was 5 years ago, that's still pretty damn impressive.

Rome wasn't built in a day. We're on the verge of having 2 stellar recruiting classes, one of which includes what should turn out to be a great QB (finally). Schiano's clearly not going anywhere and it'll be interesting to see how things pan out now that recruiting's on the up and up.[/QUOTE]

Wait...who's the QB?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;2144138]Wait...who's the QB?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://floridastate.scout.com/a.z?s=16&p=8&c=1&nid=2743447[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2144152][url]http://floridastate.scout.com/a.z?s=16&p=8&c=1&nid=2743447[/url][/QUOTE]

What's the knock on Lovelace? That dude broke my ankles my sophomore year of HS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sean Ryan;2144160]What's the knock on Lovelace? That dude broke my ankles my sophomore year of HS.[/QUOTE]

Very, very, very jittery when asked to be the guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2144152][url]http://floridastate.scout.com/a.z?s=16&p=8&c=1&nid=2743447[/url][/QUOTE]

Oh wow...I completely forgot about Jefferson...dude flicks his wrist to throw the ball a quarter mile...
    Last edited by SenorGato; 10-11-2007 at 09:15 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way Louisville beats Rutgers, they can't stop anybody.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schiano = Mangina

Jets = Rutgers of the NFL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    RJF,

I like to think both UF and RU are taking small steps back before they take giant leaps forward.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Harrison NY so I've gotten the privilege to see Ray Rice play live at New Rochelle, and in camps and such, its pretty cool how a home town or county guy has gotten such limelight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;2144404]RJF,

I like to think both UF and RU are taking small steps back before they take giant leaps forward.[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said.

Remember this name by the way, Manny Abreu.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=RutgersJetFan;2144438]
    Remember this name by the way, [b]Manny Abreu.[/b][/quote]What's his deal? They could sure use him now. Redshirt?

Oh, and Syracuse should be thankful they don't play Norfolk St. Funny, I don't remember anyone here saying RU was going to a BCS bowl this year. They've clearly taken a step back, but in the long run the program is on the rise. I'll still be attending a minor bowl game in january, but see me next year on the BCS stuff. BTW, I'm laying the gazillion pts tomorrow.
    :bwahaha:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Cack89;2144431]I live in Harrison NY so I've gotten the privilege to see Ray Rice play live at New Rochelle, and in camps and such, its pretty cool how a home town or county guy has gotten such limelight.[/QUOTE]

YEAH..Harrison....HOME of The HUSKIES..big game tonight againts BEACON!!!

DJR44

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;2144803]What's his deal? They could sure use him now. Redshirt?

Oh, and Syracuse should be thankful they don't play Norfolk St. Funny, I don't remember anyone here saying RU was going to a BCS bowl this year. They've clearly taken a step back, but in the long run the program is on the rise. I'll still be attending a minor bowl game in january, but see me next year on the BCS stuff. BTW, I'm laying the gazillion pts tomorrow.
    :bwahaha:[/QUOTE]

What's the matter? Angry about that big deposit you put down on the sweet Rutgers bar in your basement?:P And PLENTY of people here were talking about RU in a BCS bowl this year... PLENTY