Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT:1st time drinking

OT:1st time drinking

please delete or move this as soon as my question is answered, im going to be drinking for the first time tommorrow night, and not sure how much i should have to not get sick or be absolutley trashed, we are going to be drinking hard alcohol more than likle, im 5"10 and about 170 or so. feel free to give me any advice or post any funny stoires.
    Last edited by jagr68; 10-11-2007 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jagr68 View Post
    please delete or move this as soon as my question is answered, im going to be drinking for the first time tommorrow night, and not sure how much i should have to not get sick or be absolutley trashed, we are going to be drinking hard alcohol like bacardi or something like that and im 5"10 and about 170 or so.
    Hey your 1st time will be on my birthday!

Hold old are you?

Just lay off shots of the hard stuff and make sure you eat an hour or two before. Try to stick to beer as it's easier to pace yourself with suds.

Actually, if it's really your first time, I'd recomend you lay off any and all hard liquor.

Are you serious?

Print out a handy little reference card like the nerd in Can't Hardly Wait.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Eat a huge meal an hour or two before you start drinking - a 12" sub is a good call. Wash it down with a 32oz gatorade.

You'll probably still be visiting the porcelain god at the end of the night though...

If you're only 17 AND this is your first time drinking you REALLY want to stay from anything hard. And if you must, make sure you stick with mixed drinks. If you go with shots you're pretty much guaranteed to get sick. And the best piece of advice I can give you is that go at your own pace, the worst thing you can ever try to do is keep up with someone bigger/older/more experienced of a drinker than yourself. You'll be toast and they'll still be getting warmed up and it'll get real ugly real fast. No need to pound your drinks, its asking for trouble. Besides, in a few years you'll be doing that kind of crap on a regular basis, so no rush.

All League

You'll be warm after 1-2 and you'll have a real good buzz about 4-5... Any more than that and you might be yackin' come nightfall. Enjoy the wonderful world of alcoholism...

would it be a good idea to get like an empty water bottle, pour some soda or w/e in it and mix in the alcohol and drink it at my own pace? i just dont know how much alcohol to put in, i mean i want to get drunk but not like stumbling and making an ass out of myself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Do NOT mix drinks and you'll be fine.

And do not freakin drive, or get in the car with any other idiot that does.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Green View Post
    If you're only 17 AND this is your first time drinking you REALLY want to stay from anything hard. And if you must, make sure you stick with mixed drinks. If you go with shots you're pretty much guaranteed to get sick. And the best piece of advice I can give you is that go at your own pace, the worst thing you can ever try to do is keep up with someone bigger/older/more experienced of a drinker than yourself. You'll be toast and they'll still be getting warmed up and it'll get real ugly real fast. No need to pound your drinks, its asking for trouble. Besides, in a few years you'll be doing that kind of crap on a regular basis, so no rush.
    QFT... Are you going to be in a peer pressure situation to drink a lot?

^ Listen to him.

Hall Of Fame
    One glass of Southern Comfort and enjoy the head.

Veteran
    AH,T o be 17 again,I remember the first time I drank at like 15,a Case of BOONES Farm Strawberry Hill fell off the truck,,,AGHHHH! I know I had more than 1 bottle myself but I could'nt ever remember,,damn I was sick

Like the others have said,EAT before you go,and you most definetly will be hurlin if you start mixin beer and the hard stuff,but it's a lesson learned

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Print out a handy little reference card like the nerd in Can't Hardly Wait.
    hahahahaha! Brilliant! I love that part. I still quote it! NO ONE DRINK THE BEER! THE BEER HAS GONE BAD! psssshhh....

everybody knows its my first time, so i doubt they`ll be forcing me into doing any crazy.

would it be a good idea to get like an empty water bottle, pour some soda or w/e in it and mix in the alcohol and drink it at my own pace? i just dont know how much alcohol to put in, i mean i want to get drunk but not like stumbling and making an ass out of myself.
    Once you start feeling overheated, stop.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Only 17??? I was passed out drunk for the first time at 14 and a drug dealer by 17..