Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pray for the Safety of #89 and #87

Pray for the Safety of #89 and #87

Another Sunday, another day of Chad Pennington QB-ing.

So, as Jets fans, let's all take a little time out here and pray for the safety of Jerricho Cotchery and Laveranues Coles, our 2 stud WR's. Let's hope they make it through the game ok and that they are not seriously hurt during the game trying to catch floaters or when they're otherwise hung out to dry, which will inevitably happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Pray for the safety at #9 in Aprils draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Bah, they're tough guys and this is football.

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post

So, as Jets fans, let's all take a little time out here and pray for the safety of Jerricho Cotchery and Laveranues Coles, our 2 stud WR's. Let's hope they make it through the game ok and that they are not seriously hurt during the game trying to catch floaters or when they're otherwise hung out to dry, which will inevitably happen.

Dont you find it contradictory that you are critizing Chad, but the 2 pictures you have of LC and JC were prefect passes by Chad?

It's sad how Aaron Ross actually made the easiest catch on a Chad pass all game.

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post

Dear sweet little infant baby Jesus...lying there in your golden diapers,

Please keep our very valuable amazing WR's make it through this game alive.

Please be with them as the have to make amazing acrobatic catches as they get let out to dry on every play.

Please let the world see once again why Chad Pennington shouldnt be the Qb of the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Pray for the safety at #9 in Aprils draft.
    Brillant idea to draft a safety in next years draft. That is defenitely our most pressing need, way more than o-line and d-line.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Brillant idea to draft a safety in next years draft. That is defenitely our most pressing need, way more than o-line and d-line.
    You wanna draft by need or best player available?

This team is staring at a Top 10 (possibly Top 5) pick in next years draft. Phillips is a fantastic safety with the skill and smarts (academic all-american) to be a truly special player in the NFL. Stick him back there with Rhodes and Revis and your talking about a potentially DOMINANT secondary.

Dont you find it contradictory that you are critizing Chad, but the 2 pictures you have of LC and JC were prefect passes by Chad?
    Lol, come to think of it, you're right, those are perfectly thrown passes for Chad--up at the helmet level, and a floater on a fade route.

Hitting these guys inbetween the numbers, in stride, on 10-20 yard routes down the sideline? NAHHHHHHHHHHH who wants to see THAT?

This team is staring at a Top 10 (possibly Top 5) pick in next years draft. Phillips is a fantastic safety with the skill and smarts (academic all-american) to be a truly special player in the NFL. Stick him back there with Rhodes and Revis and your talking about a potentially DOMINANT secondary.
    Why on earth would we draft a safety in the first round next season?

In fact, why would we draft a safety at all?

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd love to see these recievers with Peyton Manning, Brady, or even Romo throwing to them. They'd be so dangerous.

Dude, I dont care if this guy becomes the best safety in the NFL. He will be rendered meaningless if the Jets draft him since we have abolustely no pass rush. The safety position is of almost ZERO importance if you have no D-line.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    Why on earth would we draft a safety in the first round next season?

In fact, why would we draft a safety at all?
    Because Phillips could possibly be the best Safety prospect to EVER enter the NFL draft.

Yeah, he's that good.

Think Calvin Johnson but at FS instead of WR.

That's what I'm getting at.

Dude, I dont care if this guy becomes the best safety in the NFL. He will be rendered meaningless if the Jets draft him since we have abolustely no pass rush. The safety position is of almost ZERO importance if you have no D-line.
    Tell that to Kerry Rhodes

Jets Insider VIP
    Our biggest problem on defense is at NT and let's be honest, we aren't upgrading that position next year unless Pouha steps up and beats out Robertson for the starting job.

Ellis and Coleman are a pair of solid bookends. Neither is dominant but they definitely have a place.

I'm always for drafting BAP, especially in the Top 10.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    Tell that to Kerry Rhodes
    That's exactly what I'm getting at.

Go the Skins route and put together a pair of baddass, hardhitting, ballhawking young safeties.

Our biggest problem on defense is at NT and let's be honest, we aren't upgrading that position next year unless Pouha steps up and beats out Robertson for the starting job.

Ellis and Coleman are a pair of solid bookends. Neither is dominant but they definitely have a place.

I'm always for drafting BAP, especially in the Top 10.
    We are going to have a nice selection...personally I would like to see it used on our lines...unless Kellen sucks...then Qb.

Maybe even a trade back for multiple picks and get a gaurd and DT or RT or LB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

QFT

Pass rushing OLB > Another safety

That's exactly what I'm getting at.

Go the Skins route and put together a pair of baddass, hardhitting, ballhawking young safeties.
    I think Eric Smith has a ton of potential.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    QFT

Pass rushing OLB > Another safety
    We're not talking about just another saftey, we're talking about a guy who could possibly eclipse the status of the Ed Reed's and Sean Taylor's of the NFL.

He's that good.

None of the tweener prospects are Top 10 worthy. None.

Groves is most likely the cream of the crop at the position and he isn't slated to go until mid-late round 1.