Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: If Pennington Had Class He Would Step Aside

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

If Pennington Had Class He Would Step Aside

If cry baby Pennington had any class, he would go to the idiot Mangini and inform him that he needs to change quarterbacks. Of course, when push comes to shove, its all about the egomaniac Pennington.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    You have no idea what it takes to compete at that level. Every one of those players has some ego invested in his skills. They simply can't rise to that level of performance without belief in themselves.

And Pennington is no cry baby. The SOB is about as tough as they come.

It's the coach's job to make the switch, not the player.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    If cry baby Pennington had any class, he would go to the idiot Mangini and inform him that he needs to change quarterbacks. Of course, when push comes to shove, its all about the egomaniac Pennington.
    I've read some stupid things, but this is the stupidest.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idiot

Dump

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post
    You have no idea what it takes to compete at that level. Every one of those players has some ego invested in his skills. They simply can't rise to that level of performance without belief in themselves.

Well said.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is not Pennington's job to step aside. It is the coach's job to sit Pennington if he is not the man for the job. Blame Pennington for a number of things, but don't force him to do a job that the head coach is supposed to do.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Spare me the moronic analysis. If a surgeon can no longer wield a steady scalpel he informs the hospital and does something else. How many times do I have to hear about what a stand up guy Pennington is? Stand up guys care more about their team then their checkered record.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is moronic. If the coach says you're the starter, would you say no? I do think maybe Clemens should start now because Pennington's ankle seems to really be affecting his game. But to say Pennington is classless is beyond nonsense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. Each player has to believe that they can get the job done when they take the field otherwise they've already lost. It's not Chad's job to bench himself.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spare me the moronic analysis. If a surgeon can no longer wield a steady scalpel he informs the hospital and does something else. How many times do I have to hear about what a stand up guy Pennington is? Stand up guys care more about their team then their checkered record.
    LMAO.

Are you seriously comparing a doctor who has peoples lives in there hands to a QB?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am comparing an expert in any field who has lost his ability and how it effects those around him. Pennington needs to go into the idiots office and inform him that he wants to help develop Clemens.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pennington? Class? Read my sig.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read JI from work on most days. Maybe I should go to my boss and tell him to fire me.

What do you think?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stupid post. Why should he step aside?

Mangini just needs to get his **** in gear, admit the season is a wash, and bench this guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Pennington? Class? Read my sig.
    so you would rathe rhim call out his teammates and say they can;t tackle or should have hit more fgs attempts

next year i think A-Rod should not play in the playoffs since he is only good during the season -

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    so you would rathe rhim call out his teammates and say they can;t tackle or should have hit more fgs attempts

next year i think A-Rod should not play in the playoffs since he is only good during the season -

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    QFT. No player has or will EVER "step-aside" of their own volition due to poor play in a professional sports league. Pro-Athletes simply do not work that way.

You want blame, look to the Coach. HE and HE ALONE has to pull the trigger. Period.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    QFT. No player has or will EVER "step-aside" of their own volition due to poor play in a professional sports league.

You want blame, look to the Coach. HE and HE ALONE has to pull the trigger. Period.
    Can any of us really know why he hasn't?