Thread: I hope we lose the remaining 10 games

Rookie

I hope we lose the remaining 10 games

At this sad point, I have come to the conclusion that we are a very poor football team on both sides of the ball and are not going to the playoffs. That being said, the best that happen to us IMO is that we end up 1-15 and get the #1 or #2 overall draft pick in 2008. The absolute worst thing that can happen is that we go on a winning streak resulting in a 8-8 or 9-7 record and wind up in no-mans land with a mid 1st-rounder. I am a Jets fan through and through, but I can honestly say that I wanted to lose today because we aren't going anywhere this year.

Phukk that!!! I could never call myself a Jet fan and wish, settle(add your verb here) for loses. My mondays after a loss are already bad enough that I don't read the Jets articles. Plus I can't see the Giants, Dallas(add a NFL team here) fans talking S hit all week. And who exactly is going to be the can't miss pick in the draft?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsieThrasher View Post
    At this sad point, I have come to the conclusion that we are a very poor football team on both sides of the ball and are not going to the playoffs. That being said, the best that happen to us IMO is that we end up 1-15 and get the #1 or #2 overall draft pick in 2008. The absolute worst thing that can happen is that we go on a winning streak resulting in a 8-8 or 9-7 record and wind up in no-mans land with a mid 1st-rounder. I am a Jets fan through and through, but I can honestly say that I wanted to lose today because we aren't going anywhere this year.
    From sarasota been here 4 years where you from

Hall Of Fame
    Screw that. I want Kellen to hit a nice little hot streak going down the stretch.

And with the #1 pick, the Miami Dolphins select, Runningback Steve Slaton, West Virginia University.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PleaseCutChad View Post
    And with the #1 pick, the Miami Dolphins select, Runningback Steve Slaton, West Virginia University.
    He's not going #1.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    He's not going #1.
    That's the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseCutChad View Post
    He's not even the top RB

All League
    Anyone who doesn't realize that losing only breeds more losing doesn't know **** about football...how many teams go from last to first due to having a #1 pick? Why aren't perennially last place teams going for the SB anytime soon? I would MUCH rather have a mid round pick and have KC win some games than root (if you can call it that) for my team to lose games this early in the season, GO FIND ANOTHER TEAM WE DON'T WANT YOU

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    He's not even the top RB
    I think he's poking fun at the Phins

I mean, it's the same team that took Ted Ginn #9 overall.

Jets Insider VIP
    #1 OVR pick these days could be a curse rather then a blessing. The money you have to sign the #1 pick to is ridiculous and eats up so much damn cap space that if this player turns into anything but a complete and undebatable stud it could set the franchise back a few years rather then help it take a few steps forward like it is designed to do.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsieThrasher View Post
    For the lack of a better word, you are retarted.

I cant believe you would call yourself a fan of a team and then hope they go 1-15 so they can get a good pick.

All Pro
    Peyton Manning disagrees with the belief that getting an elite player hurts your team in the long run, but i still see the point.

KEllen will most likely start the rest of the season so we'll lose most games with our young QB but he'll prob get a few wins with our weak schedule which will be good for his confidence in the long run.

We're 1-5 with10 games left. I expect Kellen will actually win 4 of those 10 givingus 5-11 record which should have us picking 5-10. That seems about right.

My philosophy is super bowl or bust. If we're not going to win it all I'd rather lose em all and get the high picks. I don't think its being a bad fan, I think it's not settling for mediocrity.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair Thomas View Post
    Peyton Manning disagrees with the belief that getting an elite player hurts your team in the long run, but i still see the point.

KEllen will most likely start the rest of the season so we'll lose most games with our young QB but he'll prob get a few wins with our weak schedule which will be good for his confidence in the long run.

We're 1-5 with10 games left. I expect Kellen will actually win 4 of those 10 givingus 5-11 record which should have us picking 5-10. That seems about right.

My philosophy is super bowl or bust. If we're not going to win it all I'd rather lose em all and get the high picks. I don't think its being a bad fan, I think it's not settling for mediocrity.
    So not settling for mediocrity = hoping your team loses all their games......makes sense

I don't think you have to worry much. It seems the Jets are committed to losing this year. Even when teams give us a win on the platter, we don't bite. So relax, you'll get your wish.