Thread: Is Marty Schottenheimer available?

Is Marty Schottenheimer available?

Just wondering if he is available because this franchise may need a HC who has the experience to fix a LOT of things.

We should have given up on ManGINA last year. He's not doing anything fast enough, and its obvious we have no chance of winning anything with him ever.

He should just take his loverboy, Chad, and leave us alone forever.

Anyone who would rather have Schotty Sr. instead of Mangini is an absolute moron.

We made the commitment to a very young and inexperienced head coach. We now have to pay the price and see if it works out. Meaning three years, not one. He had a good first year and now a bad second year. I don't see a coaching change until after next season if any. He has put himself in an impossible situation with Chad. Hey, Bellichick had some stinker years too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I'm am shocked at the rate guys are bailing on Mangini...

Hall Of Fame
    I think Mangini is missing the emotional part of the game.

He's trying to get these guys to be thinkers and disciplined when it would be good for them to be in a rage for blocking and tackling.

Let the skill players be thinkers.
    The linemen should be neanderthalls.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Just wondering if he is available because this franchise may need a HC who has the experience to fix a LOT of things.
    Don't even joke about this. If Mangini turns out not to be the guy, then go find the "next genius" out there, not a re-tread. Marty has proven that he can't win the big game, just look at all the talent San Diego had/has and how he failed.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I'm am shocked at the rate guys are bailing on Mangini...
    What really pisses me off is these are the same fans who claimed the Jets would "beat the Patriots" before the playoff game last season. And that the Jets were a "major threat" to the Patriots in the division this season.

They'll rip the team now, they'll claim that they refuse to watch the team. But when the Jets get back on track ? They'll be back on the bandwagon and claiming they never lost hope. Classic Jet fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I wouldn't give up on Mangini just yet.

I do think they need a new DC. The Sutton hire puzzled me from the begining. You hire a young HC and a young OC and go with an older DC. They had Westoph for a veteran coach.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I wouldn't give up on Mangini just yet.

I do think they need a new DC. The Sutton hire puzzled me from the begining. You hire a young HC and a young OC and go with an older DC. They had Westoph for a veteran coach.

It's Mangini's defense - Sutton has a history with the linebackers which should be the heart and core of the Mangini defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05 View Post
    What really pisses me off is these are the same fans who claimed the Jets would "beat the Patriots" before the playoff game last season. And that the Jets were a "major threat" to the Patriots in the division this season.

They'll rip the team now, they'll claim that they refuse to watch the team. But when the Jets get back on track ? They'll be back on the bandwagon and claiming they never lost hope. Classic Jet fans.
    I think you're missing the point. As I've said before, 16-0 or 0-16 the Jets are my team and I'll watch every week, period. But, if you're not questioning some of these coaching decisions--Chad's sneak yesterday in favor of a Jones run, Mangini starting Chad even though he's killed us the last four weeks, etc.--then something's wrong. Imagine Joe Torre continuing to pitch Mussina when he was going through that horrible stretch? The head coach manages all aspects of the team and, as fans, we expect him to make the adjustments to help us win on Sunday. So far, Mangini hasn't don this.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsound View Post
    It's Mangini's defense - Sutton has a history with the linebackers which should be the heart and core of the Mangini defense.
    True.. But his history was in the 4-3 cover two. I just think they needed a fresh face to lead defense as well. I dont think Sutton really did anything to distinguish himself to earn that job.

Mangini is a young coach who was selected precisely to establish long-term stability for the organization. Just that fact alone means that there will be the errors of youth and inexperience.

He also still has to contend with the legacy of the Edwards regime. Players and to a certain extent culture. I see the team as falling into the morass they would have entered if Edwards remained. Mangini is trying to dispose of the elements he does not like while simultaneously trying to gradually assimilate his preferences into the team.

His success last year with those players from the Edwards regime merely delayed his restructuring strategy. This year and its aftermath will psychologically give him not only motivation but justification to the team for restructuring. I never expected us to be in the playoffs last year; I expected us to content in 2008 anyway for this reason.

I'd jump of a bridge if we got Marty. Despite some of his good qualities his stupid coaching has prevented his superior teams from beating lesser teams come playoff time on many occasions.

Jets Insider VIP
    This thread is just assinine, off to the dump it should go.