Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If not Mangini, who would you want...

Jets Insider VIP

If not Mangini, who would you want...

There is literally no way Mangini will lose his job this year. It's just too soon and Woody has invested too much and reorganized his team (making Mr. T the GM) to throw in the towel this quickly. With that said, IF the Jets were to start looking for another coach who would you want? Do the Jets try to solicit Bill Parcells off the ESPN set for one more run? What about the Jets having a "double Schott" of Marty to go with Bryan Schottenheimer?

People around here aren't upset with Mangini so much because he's losing but because of HOW he's losing....by sticking with things that just aren't working. I'm disgusted not with the losses but with the fact that the coach can't see what many of us are seeing. So, who would you want to replace him....if it came to that?

Mike Singletary.

1. He's been around the 3-4 long enough to know it, and I'd want a 3-4 guy.

2. He has everyones respect. And if he doesn't, he'll get it fast.

3. The guy was born to be a HC.

4. I don't want a retread...even one as good as Cowher.

5. He'd add a fire and aggressiveness to this team that a football franchise needs.

6. Maybe we can tackle someone if we have a guy who could tackle coaching us.

Let's reunite the Schottenheimers and replace Marty once we make the playoffs.

Lets pretend this thread doesn't exist.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 10-15-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    lock, dump, beat, burn, pillage, rape, and rape some more.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think everybody needs to give mangini some breathing room. The guy is in his second year and he is thrown into the middle of a shtt storm with the qb situation. I got faith in this guy (after i sobered up this morning). I say hes got pontential most coaches would have folded their cards by now. I think hes got a hand we just havent seen it yet

All League
    Bring back Herm

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Are you kidding me with this thread?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Bring back Herm
    Yeah, let's get rid of Mangini and bring back Herm who is notorious for letting young players rot away on the bench.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Mike Singletary.

5. He'd add a fire and aggressiveness to this team that a football franchise needs.

Good choice. I don't want a retread either but there is something to be said for guys who know the ropes. Mangini's on-the-job-training is looking a lot like BB's first stint as HC in Cleveland. I hope he learns his lessons much, MUCH faster instead of becoming a raging success....as a coach of another team somewhere in the future.

If you guys answer it seriously its kinda fun.

It's never gonna happen...so why not play around with the imagination a little bit...

Jets Insider VIP

It's never gonna happen...so why not play around with the imagination a little bit...
    In that case, I would dig up Vince Lombardi, take him to my secret laboratory, shock his ass with lightning and stand him on the sidelines.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Dick Curl
    "Its Time" to win a championship

It's not fun, it's a stupid thread.

Jets Insider VIP

Exactly. For those who think the HC situation is changing for the Jets don't kid yourselves. Mangini will be here for a while. This is simply along the lines of the hundreds of other conversations we have when talking about guys who are currently letting the Jets down in a certain spot and the rampant speculation as to who would replace them. We discuss it with players, coaches shouldn't be immune.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Maybe we should merge this with the "do you think you have enough Knowledge to be a head coach" thread.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yeah, let's get rid of Mangini and bring back Herm who is notorious for letting young players rot away on the bench.
    And Manginidiot is doing what exactly?

tHE GUY HAS No balls. Playcalling is worse than a FN college team, and the team is lost out there. What the hell does Mangini do in practice all week? Do they have practice? This guy is an idiot, and an overrated idiot at that. KC will beat us and KC will make the playoffs this year. While we are at home getting ready for YET another one of Manginis hard and painful TCs? LOL and for what? The team looks like they have not even practiced once. Mangini sucks, he doesnt even have the balls to pull our QB who has cost us two games now and yesterday got 0 TDs. Yeah, MANGENIUS!

Rich Kotite.

Even he would bench Pennington

Jets Insider VIP
    Mike Singletary.

The 3-4 is the key problem.. We are obviously miles away from having the right personel for it.. If we were to make a change, we'd go 4-3 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    Rich Kotite.

Even he would bench Pennington
    Yea, but he would start Touasosopo