Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wants the Jets to win this weekend...?

Who wants the Jets to win this weekend...?

with Pennington at the helm?

All Pro
    I do. With Pennington at the helm it won't happen--so no worries.

The only way the Jets win this one is if Chad Johnson, Housh and Palmer take LSD before the game.

But then Chad would still find a way to throw pick 6's and 3 yard check-downs that lead to 10 play, missed FG drives.

All Pro
    I do. I want the Jets to win every time they play. If you don't... That doesn't say much about you as a fan.

Of course I want them to win.

But i expect Palmer to get at least 350 passing, so it's going to be an uphill battle.

All Pro
    Emo much? I want the Jets to win. Get ready for a 11 game winning streak, girls.

Hall Of Fame
    Me.

With Ray Lucas out of the booth, off the bench.

Even if we trade for Vinny at half-time and he flys up to win it in the 4th quarter.

With the skeleton of Leon Hess himself barking out audibles.

With Chad.

Or with Clemens.

Waterboy
    Win of course. Does it really matter, win or lose Chad will be the QB of this team and there is nothing we can do about it.

Then you're in minority here, I'd say about 70% of the posters here will be rooting for the Jets to lose in order to get their savior in there.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Then you're in minority here, I'd say about 70% of the posters here will be rooting for the Jets to lose in order to get their savior in there.
    I'd have to disagree with your percentage there. I doubt that many really want them to lose--yet. The way were heading I might just for draft positioning.

Even if we lose Sun., Mangini will probably have Chad under center until his throwing arm is literally ripped off of his body. Ineptness is no reason for a change at QB in his eyes.

There's just no mercy for us fans.

Quote Originally Posted by agentmorris View Post
    I'd have to disagree with your percentage there. I doubt that many really want them to lose--yet. The way were heading I might just for draft positioning.

Even if we lose Sun., Mangini will probably have Chad under center until his throwing arm is literally ripped off of his body. Ineptness is no reason for a change at QB in his eyes.

There's just no mercy for us fans.
    Nope. No mercy.

I have been debating with myself all week whether to watch this game. Right now, with the weather forecast for a nice day, I am definitely leaning against it. I'm going to show myself some mercy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Me.

With Ray Lucas out of the booth, off the bench.

Even if we trade for Vinny at half-time and he flys up to win it in the 4th quarter.

With the skeleton of Leon Hess himself barking out audibles.

With Chad.

Or with Clemens.
    +1

All Pro
    what good does it do for the franchise if pennington wins

worsing are draft status
    we wont find out what clemens can do
    a meaningless win pretty much cause it won re-vibe the season

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    what good does it do for the franchise if pennington wins

worsing are draft status
    we wont find out what clemens can do
    a meaningless win pretty much cause it won re-vibe the season
    I would hate to worse our draft status.

I don't even know how to repsond to an inability to re-vibe our season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Slik you were here 2 weeks ago calling some of us crazy for wanting KC..Now you want the Jets to lose?? I don't care if your the QB I always want the TEAM to win no matter who the QB or RB was or is...

i respectfully disagree. people here are Jets fans first and foremost, most of them will always root for the TEAM to win.

the reason why people have turned against Chad so much this year, is that he's our QB and we're not winning with him. in fact, you could even argue that we're losing in great part because of him. so people are naturally intrigued as to whether a team that is essentially the same as last year's 10-6 squad could get back to their winning ways if the QB switch was made.

it's not about being a Chad hater or a Clemens fanboy, it's ALWAYS about wanting the Jets to win. Chad isn't winning, period. nobody would be talking about Clemens if we were 4-2, which we could easily be if not for crucial mistakes by Chad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I do. I want the Jets to win every time they play. If you don't... That doesn't say much about you as a fan.
    Couldn't have said it any better myself. Anyone who feels differently should be ashamed to be a Jets fan, or any other fan for that matter.

- Justin

Anyone who wishes the Jets to lose just so they have a QB change is a moron.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by agentmorris View Post
    I do. With Pennington at the helm it won't happen--so no worries.

The only way the Jets win this one is if Chad Johnson, Housh and Palmer take LSD before the game.

But then Chad would still find a way to throw pick 6's and 3 yard check-downs that lead to 10 play, missed FG drives.
    The Bengals are 1 - 4 and have a horrible defense and so the JETS have a good shot to win!! That's if Chad plays better and if he doesn't, the team loses and he loses too because he won't see any action against Buffalo since he'll be benched.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeJetsFan View Post
    Couldn't have said it any better myself. Anyone who feels differently should be ashamed to be a Jets fan, or any other fan for that matter.

- Justin
    You don't think that view is simplistic? I was rooting for Jets loses at the end of 05. Had there been a Peyton manning or Carson Palmer in that draft I probably would've been rooting for them to lose after 6 games...

Some people root for a win tomorrow and understand a loss today might be necessary to achieve it.