Thread: Tension in the jets coaching staff...

Tension in the jets coaching staff...

Rumors out of New England (I know, I know, take it FWIW) hold that tension is growing between Brian Daboll and Brian Schotty due to the fact that Daboll was brought in to groom as Schottenheimer starts to field HC offers. Now that the possibility of Schotty being an appealing CH candidate is lowering by the week, the reality that he may stay - and the awkward "All About Eve" scenario already in place - is growing into a situation to keep an eye on in jersey.

Thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by patsox232.0 View Post
    Rumors out of New England (I know, I know, take it FWIW) hold that tension is growing between Brian Daboll and Brian Schotty due to the fact that Daboll was brought in to groom as Schottenheimer starts to field HC offers. Now that the possibility of Schotty being an appealing CH candidate is lowering by the week, the reality that he may stay - and the awkward "All About Eve" scenario already in place - is growing into a situation to keep an eye on in jersey.

Thoughts?
    Could be. Makes sense. Unless a miracle happens Mini Schott ain't going to be getting any coaching offers this offseason.

Unattributed rumors about the Jets posted by Pats fans will be dumped.

Provide a link and maybe it'll go back to the main board.

And Chan, if Marty gets a GM job, which is possible, it is very likely he'll hire Brian as his HC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Don't know anything about that but I can say that Schottenheimer's not even close to being ready to be a HC, and he might never be.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod View Post
    Unattributed rumors about the Jets posted by Pats fans will be dumped.

Provide a link and maybe it'll go back to the main board.

And Chan, if Marty gets a GM job, which is possible, it is very likely he'll hire Brian as his HC
    I'll bet you anything you want that doesn't happen unless Mini Schott is a legitimate top candidate.

The guy is closer to getting fired then a HC'ing job right now..

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    I'll bet you anything you want that doesn't happen unless Mini Schott is a legitimate top candidate.

The guy is closer to getting fired then a HC'ing job right now..
    Unless Mangini gets fired (highly unlikely,) Schottenheimer's not going anywhere unless it's to be a HC next year.

I heard this on PFW in Progress, a radio show on the Patriots website. The guys have been there for a decade and are pretty responsible. One of them talked to someone inside the jets organization - probably a former Patriots person. Just something to keep an eye on. I'm honestly not trying to cause trouble here, just thought it was worth mentioning. Maybe it's nothing, but in my experience, these guys aren't frivolous and they don't make sh!t up.

Hall Of Fame
    Unless Mangini gets fired (highly unlikely,) Schottenheimer's not going anywhere unless it's to be a HC next year.
    That's my point. He'll be here and I can see Daboll being a little miffed about that..

I agree, Mangini isn't going to get fired, but the chances of Schottenheimer getting a HC job next year (in the NFL) has to be close to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    That's my point. He'll be here and I can see Daboll being a little miffed about that..
    Why? Even if we were having a successful season there was no guarantee that Schott would have gotten a HC job next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Why? Even if we were having a successful season there was no guarantee that Schott would have gotten a HC job next year.
    No, not a guarentee, but the prospects would've looked a lot brighter...Right now they look like dung