Thread: After Mangina, Sutton, etc. get canned, for 2008

After Mangina, Sutton, etc. get canned, for 2008

we need to switch back to the 4-3 ... maybe draft Dorsey from LSU.

DT: Dorsey, Pouha, DROB rotation
    DE: Ellis, Thomas, Coleman rotation
    MLB: Harris
    OLB: Hobson, Barton, Vilma rotation (or trade ... or get rid of one of them ... Hobson seems to be the best of the three, imo).
    CB: may need another CB to go with Revis

Offense:

QB: Clemens if we get a chance to see if he has potential.
    G, T: get some roadgraders through the draft, free agency to add some depth or replace some of softees on the OL

Quote Originally Posted by angry jets fan View Post

OLB: Hobson, Barton, Vilma rotation (or trade ... or get rid of one of them ... Hobson seems to be the best of the three, imo).

Offense:

G, T: get some roadgraders through the draft, free agency to add some depth or replace some of softees on the OL

So, your answer to our Defensive struggles is Glen Dorsey? We play the 4-3 and still get lit up. We need another DT and an OLB that actually rushes the passer

All Pro
    definitely dump. there is no way mangini gets fired after this year. he can lose every game, and won't get fired. and honestly, i'm ok with that.

our personnel doesn't fit the 3-4.

What would we draft to fix it? If we draft those positions, who are we getting rid of? Because we would have highly paid DL/LB that would be sitting the bench or playing out their final season

Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    definitely dump. there is no way mangini gets fired after this year. he can lose every game, and won't get fired. and honestly, i'm ok with that.
    I agree...except for the being ok with it part.

You mean after he gets canned after the 2008 season. He has all of next season, and then he will get canned. But at least we should know a little more about Clemens by then.

Offense:

Don't want Dorsey...got abused in the Florida game. Agree we need a 4-3 coordinator back.

U r probably right ... wishful thinking on my part ... the 3/4 is not working and don't see anything that can fix it (in the short or intermediate term)

Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    You mean after he gets canned after the 2008 season. He has all of next season, and then he will get canned. But at least we should know a little more about Clemens by then.

The single most important thing we could add for 2008?

Bill Cower as Head Coach.

Offense:

have you ever tested for a mental deficiency?

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The single most important thing we could add for 2008?

Bill Cower as Head Coach.
    amen

There is absolutely zero chance that Mangini gets fired after one bad season. Particularly after having his team so greatly overachieve last season. Its amazing that with all of that crappy coaching Herm did here for years, everyone was ready to defend him until the day he left, and after all of the crap quarterbacking Chad has done, people defended him long after he deserved it and some STILL do, yet after a bad start of less than half of a season, Mangini should be fired on the spot. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Green View Post
    There is absolutely zero chance that Mangini gets fired after one bad season.
    I agree, sadly. But one can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Green View Post
    There is absolutely zero chance that Mangini gets fired after one bad season. Particularly after having his team so greatly overachieve last season. Its amazing that with all of that crappy coaching Herm did here for years, everyone was ready to defend him until the day he left, and after all of the crap quarterbacking Chad has done, people defended him long after he deserved it and some STILL do, yet after a bad start of less than half of a season, Mangini should be fired on the spot. I just don't get it.
    I don't think he should be fired on the spot. But I don't think he's a good head coach. This team does nothing well, except return kick-offs (which, given their defense, they'll have a lot of opportunities to do). And they are not improving, they are regressing. The players are starting to gripe, which tells me the coach is losing the team. Now, he's throwing his staff - which he assembled - under the bus.

I think he's a smart guy, just not ready to be an NFL head coach. But he's learning. I'm sure he'll take this experience elsewhere and be successful someday.

In the meantime, I'd like to see the Jets hire an experienced, successful head coach. The last time they did that (Parcells), the team improved dramatically. I've had enough of these first-time head coaches. If someone like Cower is available - and willing to step into this mess - it's a no brainer.