Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: The Official "Let's unlease on Mangini on Sunday" thread

  1. #1

    The Official "Let's unlease on Mangini on Sunday" thread

    To All,

    It seems as though many of you, like me, have finally lost their patience with Eric Mangini. It has become painfully obvious that some tough decisions must be made, but Eric does not have the intestinal fortitude to do it.

    Perhaps its time we showed Eric the intestinal fortitude of the NY Jets fans. Anyone here remember the living hell that we made Joe Walton's life in the late 80's? Does "Joe Must Go" ring a bell??

    I think it is time we unlease the full fury of Jets nation on Eric Mangini. Old school style. We need to boo him lustily and heartily, the way we used to do it in the old days. We need to give this coach and team the verbal abuse that they deserve. We have held back for long enough. Its high time to show him why we are the toughest fans in the league, and what coaching in NY really means.

    Its high time for : "ERIC MUST GO!!! ERIC MUST GO!!! ERIC MUST GO!!!"

  2. #2
    dump-this-thread! dump-this-thread!

  3. #3
    How can you lose patience with a coach in his second year? You give Jets fans a bad name. We over achieved last year and this year we are under achieving. If you want to be successful you need to give both your coach and GM time to build their program and although you might not want to hear it that takes a few years (which is more the 2 or 3).

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jackson Heights
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by townsell83 View Post
    To All,

    It seems as though many of you, like me, have finally lost their patience with Eric Mangini. It has become painfully obvious that some tough decisions must be made, but Eric does not have the intestinal fortitude to do it.

    Perhaps its time we showed Eric the intestinal fortitude of the NY Jets fans. Anyone here remember the living hell that we made Joe Walton's life in the late 80's? Does "Joe Must Go" ring a bell??

    I think it is time we unlease the full fury of Jets nation on Eric Mangini. Old school style. We need to boo him lustily and heartily, the way we used to do it in the old days. We need to give this coach and team the verbal abuse that they deserve. We have held back for long enough. Its high time to show him why we are the toughest fans in the league, and what coaching in NY really means.

    Its high time for : "ERIC MUST GO!!! ERIC MUST GO!!! ERIC MUST GO!!!"
    the crowd can't even get up for a third down but will for this? Pulleeeeze.

  5. #5
    Yeah. Let us continue with this coach carousel the franchise has been used to for so long. Patience is overrated anyways. Seriously though, dump.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by eastsidejetsfan View Post
    How can you lose patience with a coach in his second year?
    When a team is in it's SECOND Year and is as bad as we are, I don't think viewing our leadership with a deeply critical eye is so inappropriate. Just because he was new 2 full offseason ago, does not mean he should get some unlimited rights to fail till he hits 3 full years or 4 full years.

    Mangini in 2007 is a failure. Why is it wrong to question why he ended up that way? What is it wrong to ponder if this (not the 2006 team) is more indicative of where we are headed under his leadership?

    What have you seen from the 2007 Mangini that gives him this invulnerabillity? That makes you see optimism when it comes to his leadership?

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    When a team is in it's SECOND Year and is as bad as we are, I don't think viewing our leadership with a deeply critical eye is so inappropriate. Just because he was new 2 full offseason ago, does not mean he should get some unlimited rights to fail till he hits 3 full years or 4 full years.

    Mangini in 2007 is a failure. Why is it wrong to question why he ended up that way? What is it wrong to ponder if this (not the 2006 team) is more indicative of where we are headed under his leadership?

    What have you seen from the 2007 Mangini that gives him this invulnerabillity? That makes you see optimism when it comes to his leadership?
    agreed - clearly we need to get patrick ramsey in here A-sap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us