Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Verizon FIOS TV (merged)

I got FIOs phone, net and TV for $100/month for 2 years. No problems at all. Does take a whole day for installation.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FoxboroFanatic2;2174739]I got FIOs phone, net and TV for $100/month for 2 years. No problems at all. [B]Does take a whole day for installation[/B].[/QUOTE]
    So that's why you don't have 14,000 posts?

Who has Verizon Fios for there TV?

What do you think of it? I'm getting it installed next week.

[QUOTE=Sean Ryan;2385847]What do you think of it? I'm getting it installed next week.[/QUOTE]

Sean its awesome. Took the guy all day to do 4 TVs but I couldn't be happier with it.

[QUOTE=FoxboroFanatic2;2385852]Sean its awesome. Took the guy all day to do 4 TVs but I couldn't be happier with it.[/QUOTE]

Why would you need 4 TVs in your crummy basement?

[QUOTE=RussianGreen;2385871]Why would you need 4 TVs in your crummy basement?[/QUOTE]

why not?

Banned
    I have it but im getting frustrated as of late.

They changed the menu settings and added more bells and whistles but for whatever reason when I change the channel, whats actually showing and what the menu says is playing don't synch up sometimes and it leaves the screen black unless i flip back to the channel that has the program info for whats displayed

never happened till they upgraded it....it's probably using vista

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I had it for 2 months then i went back to cable... I wanted the local traffic and weather station plus it was allot more than they advertised... I went back to cable and my bill went down plus they gave me a deal with 45$ off per month to do it...

I have had it for about a month and love it. F@ck Cablevision.

All League
    you can get a better price fron Cablevision, but you can't beat the picture, non-HD with Fios and I like the menus and search features, plus the amount of on-demand, as well as NFL Network

I got the phone/internet/TV package, do the offer that deal everywhere?

[QUOTE=FoxboroFanatic2;2385944]I got the phone/internet/TV package, do the offer that deal everywhere?[/QUOTE]

Thats what I'm getting. I have Comcast right now. It pisses me off that I don't have the NFL Network.

[QUOTE=Sean Ryan;2385980]Thats what I'm getting. I have Comcast right now. It pisses me off that I don't have the NFL Network.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same deal with me....the guy left and that was the first channel I found!

You are going to be a happy man!!!!!!!

Veteran
    I have it and the picture quality is outstanding. The only downside for me is I had Tivo and I believe Tivo was a better product than the DVR from Verizon.

Also a few times channels I subscribed to would not appear and they had to reboot my set box but overall the TV package was cheaper than my Cox cable and a much better picture quality.

I know you did not mention it but the FIOS internet service blows away my old cable internet.

[QUOTE=jgurks;2385989]I have it and the picture quality is outstanding. The only downside for me is I had Tivo and I believe Tivo was a better product than the DVR from Verizon.

Also a few times channels I subscribed to would not appear and they had to reboot my set box but overall the TV package was cheaper than my Cox cable and a much better picture quality.

[B]I know you did not mention it but the FIOS internet service blows away my old cable internet.[/B][/QUOTE]

:yes:

I can regularly get 1.5-2.0 Mbits/s...there is nothing like it.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have it n love it --eff cablevision and eff dolan

All League
    Ive had FIOS internet now for 2 years and FIOS TV for over a year now and I love it.

Internet is much faster then Cable. FIOS TV has plenty of HD channels and I love the guide and DVR.

About a week ago the Cablevision guy came trying to convert me back. I said no way.

The only thing I dont like about Verizon is their website for billing and I do find it takes longer to reach a customer service, but Ive had very few issues to call them about.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JETS_for_life;2385997]:yes:

I can regularly get 1.5-2.0 Mbits/s...there is nothing like it.[/QUOTE]

I work for Verizon and install FiOS on a regular basis. Our "basic" internet service offers speeds of 5mbps/down 2mbps/up. It's a consistent speed with little to no variation/loss. Compare that with the "slow times" of ANY cable provider. A lot of our customers have the 20/10mbps speed package. 20 MEG download speed is awesome!!!

All League
    [QUOTE=Sean Ryan;2385980]Thats what I'm getting. I have Comcast right now. It pisses me off that I don't have the NFL Network.[/QUOTE]

You do know that you can get NFL network with comcast, right? I'm paying $2 a month for it with comcast.

[QUOTE=adb280z;2386286]You do know that you can get NFL network with comcast, right? I'm paying $2 a month for it with comcast.[/QUOTE]

Why should I pay extra? But anyways that isn't the reason for the switch.