Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon FIOS TV (merged)

Is it available in Queens - Long Island City?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Just made the leap to FIOS. Getting installed next Friday.

Arrivederci Dolans!

unfortunately fios isn't available in my area :mad:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]Just made the leap to FIOS. Getting installed next Friday.

Arrivederci Dolans![/QUOTE]
    Your gonna love it Sooth.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]Just made the leap to FIOS. Getting installed next Friday.

Arrivederci Dolans![/QUOTE]give us a review in a month or so, love to hear how it is!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    I'm also giving up my TIVO for the FIOS DVR.

One cool feature is that you have one DVR but can view all saved programs from all other TV's in the house that have a cable box. It's a few dollars more a month than TIVO but I thought I'd give it a try.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]One cool feature is that you have one DVR but can view all saved programs from all other TV's in the house that have a cable box. It's a few dollars more a month than TIVO but I thought I'd give it a try.[/QUOTE]you can do that with tivo too as long as it's networked. you gt like 25% of the tivo 'experience' if you're not networked...

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=isired]you can do that with tivo too as long as it's networked. you gt like 25% of the tivo 'experience' if you're not networked...[/QUOTE]

How do you network TIVO and don't you need more TIVO boxes to do that?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]How do you network TIVO and don't you need more TIVO boxes to do that?[/QUOTE]oh, yeah, you do - i didn't notice that you could have non-dvr boxes tap into the dvr, i thought you were saying they could all watch showes the others recorded, not 1 unit records / all watch. that's pretty cool, makes sense. but networking tivo (getting programming info via wireless or ethernet cable access over the internet, connected to your computer network, instead of over the phone) opens all the sharing, online scheduling (couldn't live without that!), tivo2go (watching / burning dvd's on your pc), accessing music and photos from your computer to display on your tv, accessing yahoo weather/traffic/photos, fandango movie info/tickets, live365, podcasts, now this tivomobile thing (send shows to your treo), etc.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Just an update...got FIOS installed last week and it's fabulous.

The best is when I returned my boxes to cablevision and the woman asked my why I was cancelling. My response was:

"Because the Dolans are the devil and I hope they rot in hell."

True story.

BTW: NFL Network channel 69.

Banned
    I've had FIOS about 2 months now.

The service is better than cablevision by far.

I use internet,cable and phone and its by far the best cable service I've ever used, better than both cablevision and Time Warner.

I have more channels including the NFL network and its cheaper.

I absolutely love FIOS.

Yes I have FIOS. GET IT! Beats the snot out of cable and anything lese you can get without spending big bucks.. No bandwidth issues like cable. fast and constant.

All Pro
    I've had internet for a while...now waiting for TV to become available so I can get that ASAP :steamin:

Comcast is HORRIBLE here, and I am not all that pleased with Directv either.

I have FIOS phone service and internet, tv not available in queens yet. Keep in mind that the phone service uses a backup battery so if there is a blackout for longer than 4 hours you will be without a telephone.

The salesman did not mention that when they sold us the service. I believe we are also responsible to replace the battery I am just not sure how often we need to do that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]Just an update...got FIOS installed last week and it's fabulous.

The best is when I returned my boxes to cablevision and the woman asked my why I was cancelling. My response was:

"Because the Dolans are the devil and I hope they rot in hell."

True story.

BTW: NFL Network channel 69.[/QUOTE]

Sean

You are my hero. I vow to walk in your footsteps to FIOS. I will say the same thing to the lady at the return desk.

Been thinking about making the switch for about a year...now I'm going to do it.

SCREW THE DOLANS, ESPECIALLY THE SNOT-NOSED BIZARRO-WORLD-ANTI-MIDAS SON AND HIS SH!TTY ROCK BAND.

Banned
    I have the HD DVR box in my living room and i have 3 other regular boxes.
    3 computers and my home phone all on FIOS and the service is spectacular.

I have everything I had with cablevision except now I have the NFL network and my bill is about $100 less per month.

NFL Network in HD is channel 814

Veteran
    I also live in East Greenwich, RI and do not have the TV but have 15 MBP download speed. Verizon also installs a free wireless router that is simply great. I get 10MBP download speed anywhere in my house for my wireless laptop and 15 MBP for my PC. Previously I had Cox cable and a crappy Lynksys router where my download speed was slow or was not able to connect in certain parts of my house. It was worth switching just for that feature.

I used to have Cox Cable for Internet and can't wait until TV becomes available. I heard as early as Feb for East Greenwich for the TV.
    Last edited by jgurks; 12-28-2006 at 04:51 PM.

Banned
    Any idea when it'll be available in North Jersey...

hate comcast... want to switch ASAP.

All League

Anyone have this new Verizon TV Service?

I just got it in the mail and it does look good. Only issues are it doesn't have MSG or SNY in HD. So for those who have it hows the internet and the TV service?

[QUOTE=The Infamous One]I just got it in the mail and it does look good. Only issues are it doesn't have MSG or SNY in HD. So for those who have it hows the internet and the TV service?[/QUOTE]

what kind of offer is it? i'm looking around for new cable/satellite/whatever programming right now..