Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Wow, we really suck

  1. #1

    Wow, we really suck

    I haven't posted in a while, but wow, is this team bad?

    Is there hope? I don't see it.

    D'brick's a bust: 290 lb. left tackles that can't run block don't help teams win Super Bowls. Especially for RB's that aren't as good as they seem like....

    Thomas Jones: He looks like he did behind his horrid line in AZ when he first got drafted. This guy isn't that good. He's really not. If the line ain't Pro Bowl, then he's less than average.

    All blame to front office:

    Robertson, Vilma, and Barton all should've been traded or cut to find people who can contribute to the 3-4. Revis was a good pick, but a CB, even one THAT talented, isn't going to make a lick of difference without a pass rush. The Jets don't have a pass rush. It left with John "Walking Wounded" Abraham. Not surprisingly, nobody was brought it.

    The next person who tells me De'Wayne Robertson isn't a bust gets a free picture of my dog taking a dump.

    Bigger concern is a front office who thinks that TE's can play LT. Ferguson is a bust until he can stay above 320 and start run-blocking. I concentrate on watching him and see he still gets no push. There's a reason Buffalo's D-line is always entertaining to watch when they play us. They're big and physical.

    Kevin Mawae's going to the Pro-Bowl again this year.

    Pete Kendall is having a good year for the Redskins.

    Jason Fabini is the RT for an AWESOME Cowboys line.

    None of us care though, because those guys are all washed up anyway.....

    If you want insight into the Jets QB situation, it can't be provided until there's more than 2 decent linemen on the Jets line......

    Coles is awesome. Cotchery is better. Doesn't matter though, see above.

    Justin McCareins pays the Jets to play, right? Just checking.....

    Remember when Kerry Rhodes blitzed? Remember when anybody blitzed????

    If your head coach has a massive chip on his shoulder and thinks he can make a $3000 bottle of Pinot Noir out of White wine Vinegar, that's when you are completely and totally doomed for a period of time.

    For the next 8 or 9 years, as long as Tom Brady is in the NFL, the Jets are going to be a playoff team every time they have a horrible schedule (like last year). Basically, every other year, the Jets will make the playoffs and then get destroyed.

    The NFL is two teams now, anyway, so who really gives a crap? Does it even matter?

    Am I the only one here who gets no satisfaction out of making the playoffs and watching the Jets get torched? I mean, am I ever going to be able to look at my friends and say "We have a shot this year...." before I die?

    Why do I always feel like the best player on the field is never in green? I mean NEVER......When we play the Pats, is anybody else aware that there's not ONE player on the Jets better than his counterpart?

    Am I the only person who thinks a dominant team is needed to beat the Colts or Pats? Am I the only person who thinks we are inferior to everybody but St. Louis and Miami? Hell the Rams may still beat us....

    I just don't see it, somebody tell me where to look, because I don't see anybody on this team being that good. I'm not even looking at statistics. I'm talking about taking over/changing the momentum of a game, like Tom Brady, like Peyton Manning, like Tomlinson, like Randy Moss, like Harrison/Wayne, like Ed Reed, like Willie Parker........I could keep going.

    There's nobody on the Jets being fed the ball 25 times a game and getting established. Probably because why would there be? You could say Cotchery or Coles should be, but you can't when your QB's arm is a mix of Duct Tape and Linguini and the line can't keep him vertical......

    Bah Jets.

    Put a real football team on the field and maybe I will renew my season tickets.

    Otherwise, this used roll of toilet paper you are putting out there every year is going to give you a brand new stadium full of drunks......

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,526
    I stopped reading when you called Brick a bust.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I stopped reading when you called Brick a bust.
    Good. You're in denial. Stay stupid!

    He gets thrown around like a rag doll.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I stopped reading when you called Brick a bust.
    Yup.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ridge, Long Island
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I stopped reading when you called Brick a bust.
    +1.

    My thoughts exactly. Not worth reading any further after this ridiculous statement.

    - Justin

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I stopped reading when you called Brick a bust.
    Trust me, I envy you that you did, cause you didn't miss anything.

    Here's a nugget of his Golden information.

    "Jason Fabini is the RT for an AWESOME Cowboys line."

    Umm. He was cut by the Cowboys because he was so terrible, and is now a backup on Washington's line.

  7. #7
    Please take another long absence before you post again......

  8. #8
    For Those Keeping Track:

    Marcus Mcneil Is Still Better Than Brick.

    Brick Is Not That Good.

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,396
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;2181911]I haven't posted in a whileQUOTE]

    And you haven't watched a game in a while either.. Brick is far from a bust.. Yes he still has improving to do but he totally turned the corner these last 6 weeks or so..

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,526
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Good. You're in denial. Stay stupid!

    He gets thrown around like a rag doll.
    If you had any knowledge of the game whatsoever then you would realize that Brick is playing at a pro-bowl level right now.

    He's shutdown every elite passrusher he has faced this year.

    To call him a bust is completely asinine, so far he's justifying the pick at #4.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    For Those Keeping Track:

    Marcus Mcneil Is Still Better Than Brick.

    Brick Is Not That Good.
    Wrong

    Wrong

    Wrongity Wrong Wrong

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Here's a nugget of his Golden information.

    "Jason Fabini is the RT for an AWESOME Cowboys line."

    Umm. He was cut by the Cowboys because he was so terrible, and is now a backup on Washington's line.
    ^The truth. Our RT is Columbo (who was a FA this offseason.) Step away from the ledge my Jets friends. It will all be alright.

  13. #13
    haha this guy thought fabini was doing ''AWESOME'' for dallas haha

    also most LT's are under 320 pal

    also buffalo's d-line is not BIG at all, they are more speed then power

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If you had any knowledge of the game whatsoever then you would realize that Brick is playing at a pro-bowl level right now.

    He's shutdown every elite passrusher he has faced this year.

    To call him a bust is completely asinine, so far he's justifying the pick at #4.
    Last I checked Tackles have to run block too. Where's that been?

    McNeil was a 2nd round pick and does both.

    He also weighs a much more appropriate 310+ lbs.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    the sunshine state
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I haven't posted in a while, but wow, is this team bad?

    Is there hope? I don't see it.

    D'brick's a bust: 290 lb. left tackles that can't run block don't help teams win Super Bowls. Especially for RB's that aren't as good as they seem like....

    Thomas Jones: He looks like he did behind his horrid line in AZ when he first got drafted. This guy isn't that good. He's really not. If the line ain't Pro Bowl, then he's less than average.

    All blame to front office:

    Robertson, Vilma, and Barton all should've been traded or cut to find people who can contribute to the 3-4. Revis was a good pick, but a CB, even one THAT talented, isn't going to make a lick of difference without a pass rush. The Jets don't have a pass rush. It left with John "Walking Wounded" Abraham. Not surprisingly, nobody was brought it.

    The next person who tells me De'Wayne Robertson isn't a bust gets a free picture of my dog taking a dump.

    Bigger concern is a front office who thinks that TE's can play LT. Ferguson is a bust until he can stay above 320 and start run-blocking. I concentrate on watching him and see he still gets no push. There's a reason Buffalo's D-line is always entertaining to watch when they play us. They're big and physical.

    Kevin Mawae's going to the Pro-Bowl again this year.

    Pete Kendall is having a good year for the Redskins.

    Jason Fabini is the RT for an AWESOME Cowboys line.

    None of us care though, because those guys are all washed up anyway.....

    If you want insight into the Jets QB situation, it can't be provided until there's more than 2 decent linemen on the Jets line......

    Coles is awesome. Cotchery is better. Doesn't matter though, see above.

    Justin McCareins pays the Jets to play, right? Just checking.....

    Remember when Kerry Rhodes blitzed? Remember when anybody blitzed????

    If your head coach has a massive chip on his shoulder and thinks he can make a $3000 bottle of Pinot Noir out of White wine Vinegar, that's when you are completely and totally doomed for a period of time.

    For the next 8 or 9 years, as long as Tom Brady is in the NFL, the Jets are going to be a playoff team every time they have a horrible schedule (like last year). Basically, every other year, the Jets will make the playoffs and then get destroyed.

    The NFL is two teams now, anyway, so who really gives a crap? Does it even matter?

    Am I the only one here who gets no satisfaction out of making the playoffs and watching the Jets get torched? I mean, am I ever going to be able to look at my friends and say "We have a shot this year...." before I die?

    Why do I always feel like the best player on the field is never in green? I mean NEVER......When we play the Pats, is anybody else aware that there's not ONE player on the Jets better than his counterpart?

    Am I the only person who thinks a dominant team is needed to beat the Colts or Pats? Am I the only person who thinks we are inferior to everybody but St. Louis and Miami? Hell the Rams may still beat us....

    I just don't see it, somebody tell me where to look, because I don't see anybody on this team being that good. I'm not even looking at statistics. I'm talking about taking over/changing the momentum of a game, like Tom Brady, like Peyton Manning, like Tomlinson, like Randy Moss, like Harrison/Wayne, like Ed Reed, like Willie Parker........I could keep going.

    There's nobody on the Jets being fed the ball 25 times a game and getting established. Probably because why would there be? You could say Cotchery or Coles should be, but you can't when your QB's arm is a mix of Duct Tape and Linguini and the line can't keep him vertical......

    Bah Jets.

    Put a real football team on the field and maybe I will renew my season tickets.

    Otherwise, this used roll of toilet paper you are putting out there every year is going to give you a brand new stadium full of drunks......
    I disagree with most of your specifics, but I do agree that we support a very bad football team.

    I've been feeling very Kotite-ish.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I haven't posted in a while ...
    With posts like this I can understand why.

    The Holiday season is approaching. Hopefully someone will get you a clue as a gift.

    That said, the team does suck.

  17. #17

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Elmont, NY
    Posts
    1,059
    D'Brick is going to have a Shield emblem under him in Madden 09




    btw, Harris is going to have a hammer, Revis is going to have a ball and chain.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    For Those Keeping Track:

    Marcus Mcneil Is Still Better Than Brick.

    Brick Is Not That Good.
    You'll get killed here anytime you make a post like this, even though most of it is true. I don't think you can call Ferguson a bust however, just because he can't run block. I wouldn't even call Robertson a bust; he's like 95% of the players on this defense, stuck in the wrong system..

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    7,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Trust me, I envy you that you did, cause you didn't miss anything.

    Here's a nugget of his Golden information.

    "Jason Fabini is the RT for an AWESOME Cowboys line."

    Umm. He was cut by the Cowboys because he was so terrible, and is now a backup on Washington's line.
    Stop nit picking.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us