Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Political Quote of the Day

Hall Of Fame

OT - Political Quote of the Day

"And the irony is Rudy Giuliani, probably the most underqualified man since George Bush to seek the presidency, is here talking about any of the people here. Rudy Giuliani...I mean think about it...Rudy Giuliani...There’s only three things he mentions in a sentence: a noun and a verb and 9/11. I mean there’s nothing else. There’s nothing else. And I mean this sincerely. He is genuinely not qualified to be president." - Joe Biden at tonight's Democratic Debate

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Mr. Yankee;2185984]"And the irony is Rudy Giuliani, probably the most underqualified man since George Bush to seek the presidency, is here talking about any of the people here. Rudy Giuliani...I mean think about it...Rudy Giuliani...There’s only three things he mentions in a sentence: a noun and a verb and 9/11. I mean there’s nothing else. There’s nothing else. And I mean this sincerely. He is genuinely not qualified to be president." - Joe Biden at tonight's Democratic Debate[/QUOTE]

Who did he plagarize that line from?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2186277]Who did he plagarize that line from?[/QUOTE]

Guiliani is underqualified.....yet biden has run to be the rat candidate almost a half dozen times and barely makes it out of the third primary...oh- the irony...

Hall Of Fame

OT - Political Quote of the Day

I would have thought the quote of the day would have been:

"Yes I saw a UFO...and Jimmy Carter did too."

[QUOTE=Mr. Yankee;2185984]"And the irony is Rudy Giuliani, probably the most underqualified man since George Bush to seek the presidency, is here talking about any of the people here. Rudy Giuliani...I mean think about it...Rudy Giuliani...There’s only three things he mentions in a sentence: a noun and a verb and 9/11. I mean there’s nothing else. There’s nothing else. And I mean this sincerely. He is genuinely not qualified to be president." - Joe Biden at tonight's Democratic Debate[/QUOTE]

Yes. He's done nothing, compared to Hillary (married Bill and signed up for NY Senatorship) and Obama (jackpoop...I mean think about it...jackpoop).

Biden should get his head checked.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2187721]Yes. He's done nothing, compared to Hillary (married Bill and signed up for NY Senatorship) and Obama (jackpoop...I mean think about it...jackpoop).

[B]Biden should get his head checked[/B].[/QUOTE]

He does. Every two months.

Still making sure those plugs take.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;2187762]He does. Every two months.

Still making sure those plugs take.[/QUOTE]

the chemicals from those plugs caused him brain damage decades ago....

[IMG]http://images.google.com/url?q=http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0107/BidenImage3.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFAvEjPzASyBpaCLVw6cYJw-bWCQA[/IMG]
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 10-31-2007 at 10:47 PM.

BIden may no be the brightest politician, but he understands Iraq a lot better than the current Administration.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2187782]the chemicals from those plugs caused him brain damage decades ago....

[IMG]http://images.google.com/url?q=http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0107/BidenImage3.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFAvEjPzASyBpaCLVw6cYJw-bWCQA[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Biden > Guiliani, I'll say that much

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;2187958]Biden > Guiliani, I'll say that much[/QUOTE]

Joe Biden has been a US Senator for 35 years and he is best known for plagarism and hair plugs.

Enough said.

Despite what you might think of Joe Biden, he was dead on about Rudy Guiliani. The man is underqualified to be President and no one has exploited 9/11 (the nations worse tragedy ever)more for political gain than Rudy. In fact ill take it one step further. The man is mentally unstable and is flat out dangerous. Anyone who names Norman Podhoretz as his foreign policy adviser should be eliminated from contention

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2188213]Despite what you might think of Joe Biden, he was dead on about Rudy Guiliani. The man is underqualified to be President and no one has exploited 9/11 (the nations worse tragedy ever)more for political gain than Rudy. In fact ill take it one step further. The man is mentally unstable and is flat out dangerous. Anyone who names Norman Podhoretz as his foreign policy adviser should be eliminated from contention[/QUOTE]

He may be underqualified but then who is qualified?

Hilary because she was married to a president?

Obama for working on that great piece of legislation fixing .... what exactly?

Fred Thompson for playing a hard ass DA on Law and Order?

Romney for running a close Senate race against Ted Kennedy or for one relatively forgettable term as Governor?

My point is none of them are particularly qualified for the white house

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2188238]He may be underqualified but then who is qualified?

Romney for running a close Senate race against Ted Kennedy or for one relatively forgettable term as Governor?

My point is none of them are particularly qualified for the white house[/QUOTE]

and as history has shown, no one is more unqualified than joe biden, who made the statement....

[QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2188238]He may be underqualified but then who is qualified?

My point is none of them are particularly qualified for the white house[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. They are all underqualified. The candidates on both sides suck.
    But Rudy is the one with a big mouth going around saying he understands the terrorist threat better than anyone.. Why?? B/C he walked down to ground zero on the day of the tragedy? B/C he attended a few funerals and used the tragedy for a PR blitz to create a myth about him?

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;2187958]Biden > Guiliani, I'll say that much[/QUOTE]
    Says all anyone needs to know about you.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Biden did Guiliani a favor.

The truth is If Guiliani wants to be President not just the Republican nominee he needs to step it up.

Lkike him or not Rudy really could win the general election if he gets the nomination.

The republican base will never vote for hilary or Obama. Plus he is just moderate enough on social issues to swing the undecided voters and probably many moderate democrats.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2190149]Lkike him or not Rudy really could win the general election if he gets the nomination.

The republican base will never vote for hilary or Obama. Plus he is just moderate enough on social issues to swing the undecided voters and probably many moderate democrats.[/QUOTE]

Guiliani puts New York and California in play, and a Democratic is not going to be elected if (s)he doesn't win both of those states.

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;2190271]Guiliani puts New York and California in play, and a Democratic is not going to be elected if (s)he doesn't win both of those states.[/QUOTE]

He has no chance in California, but an outside shot in NY. (He was losing narrowly to Hillary in that senate campaign when he got sick a few years back, recall, although that was before 9/11 so who knows what the impact of that will be.) The bottom line is that Bush is universally reviled in both states, and it is going to be hard for him to win either place when his foreign policy positions remain basically indistinguishable from GWB.

On the other hand, he's going to be more vulnerable in states where the Republicans need a big turnout from their base to win. Ohio and Missouri, for instance, are places where the GOP has really relied on huge turnout for evangelical voters to win; those voters will still skew Republican, but they will not turn out in nearly the same numbers for Rudy as they did for Bush, which means he probably won't win either, assuming whoever the Democrats run polls relatively similar to Kerry in each state.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;2190271]Guiliani puts New York and California in play, and a Democratic is not going to be elected if (s)he doesn't win both of those states.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Ca or even NY....but he will win CT and would have a major advantage in NJ....Wisconsin would also be up for grabs...