Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Interrogation & Torture

[QUOTE=jets5ever;2189141][QUOTE=nuu faaola;2189072]

What about a far more plausible scenario in which intoerrogation tactics used since 9-11 on captured AQ and other suspected terrorists operatives led to information that was helpful in capturing other terrorists, locating them or preventing attacks? These are assertions that our government has made and provided evidence for, which you can take or leave. Ditto for the "ILLEGAL SPYING PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" you guys decry.[/QUOTE]

You see thats the problem. The illegal spying program has failed to provide the govt any more info than the legal program did. The only time a breakthrough was attributed to illegal spying by the govt was quickly disproven and forced them to retract their claim. The only thing the illegal spying program did was create hundreds of thousands of more dead ends and no new break throughs.

Thats also the problem with torture. For example look at Khalid Sheikh Muhhamed. The vast majority of his confessions were BS. He gave up a few truths to entice the interrogators only to set them up for the lies designed to send them out on wild goose chases. thats the problem with torture. It simply is not an effective or reliable means to get info . We are much more likely to be successful using other techniques as we did with Zarqawi

All Pro
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2189094]A legend only in your own mind.

Im not going to get into the abortion issue again with you. Obviously you are an irrational fanatic whos elementary school level of understanding of basic science does not allow you to distinguish between a 12 week old fetus and 60 your old person. But hey, at least you know about the law and economics.

Who has defined dogs barking as torture?? Who?
    I would highly advise you to stick to topics you understand (money, legal matters etc). Stay out of anything that is remotely scientific in nature. I beg you. You are to smart to allow yourself to look like such an imbecile whenever you discuss these matters.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is a science issue Ken that is the point, but a moral one. I think that is where the debate lies...Scientifically, does it matter between 10, 12, 14, 16 weeks?

I side with George on this one, but I think you can argue a pro-life stance without any kind of a God platform....more on a freewill, responsibility level.

But hey, that is another discussion, this one is about torture...

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2189483]I don't think it is a science issue Ken that is the point, but a moral one. I think that is where the debate lies...Scientifically, does it matter between 10, 12, 14, 16 weeks?

I side with George on this one, but I think you can argue a pro-life stance without any kind of a God platform....more on a freewill, responsibility level.

But hey, that is another discussion, this one is about torture...[/QUOTE]

I think the torture discussion is a moral one as well. We can debate over what is and what isn't torture but it comes down to what you believe is acceptable behavior by our government.

I think it is a nice idea to spread good will and trade to the world and promote a positive image of the US throughout the world, stay out of people's internal affairs etc.

I believe this works in every part of the world EXCEPT in the middle east.

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2189483]I don't think it is a science issue Ken that is the point, but a moral one. I think that is where the debate lies...[B]Scientifically, does it matter between 10, 12, 14, 16 weeks[/B]?

But hey, that is another discussion, this one is about torture...[/QUOTE]

Between 10-16 weeks....NO
    Between 10 weeks and 25 weeks......Absolutely

But that is another discussion!

I don't really think that we need to be in that game at all. What if YOUR kids get caught in the next war by the enemy?

Where will it end?