Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Media Sitting On A Devastating Sex Scandal?

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2187203]the sad thing it's true....while dirtbags like Foley and Craig are forced out of their positions rat-wingers are re-electing and putting people like William Jefferson on senate committee's....

that's the real joke....[/QUOTE]

First of all, William Jefferson is not on any Senate committees. He's in the House. Second, the allegation surrounding him are tame compared to those surrounding GOP Senator Ted Stephens, who I do not recall being kicked out of his committee assignment anytime recently.

News flash: Both sides have their share of corruption, and both generally deal with that corruption in the exact same way (ie. not until they absolutely have to). Your continued insistence that somehow Republicans are pure as the driven snow while the Democrats are all walking around in black hats is beyond myopic at this point.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2187210]and that was????[/QUOTE]

Take this with a grain of salt becuase my two roomates were both speculating based on what was said, I wasn't there. My first reaction was you guys are nuts; I would never believe that. This was in the 02-03 school yr at NYU. These two guys are both huge Dems...one worked for Gore's campaign. The guest speaker was [B]Dick Morris[/B]. He wasn't speaking to a huge assembly, he was talking to a small class of Sr PolySci majors, so it was an intimate setting. Well, my roomates got back to the room and started talking about it so I joined in to get as much info from them as I could. They told me this: based on Dick's answers to questions about Bill and Hillary, they left with a huge impression the he and Hillary had had an affair. I know, it sounds nuts and far fetched. I wasn't there and I'm not trying to stir things up. They said he was even baiting the class to ask questions about Hillary. I don't believe it, it sounds crazy...I'm just saying this stoy popped into my mind when I saw this thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2187230]First of all, William Jefferson is not on any Senate committees. He's in the House. Second, the allegation surrounding him are tame compared to those surrounding GOP Senator Ted Stephens, who I do not recall being kicked out of his committee assignment anytime recently.[/QUOTE]

the justifaction of rat-wing corruption continues.....

[QUOTE]News flash: Both sides have their share of corruption, and both generally deal with that corruption in the exact same way (ie. not until they absolutely have to). Your continued insistence that somehow Republicans are pure as the driven snow while the Democrats are all walking around in black hats is beyond myopic at this point.[/QUOTE]

never said anything of the sort....unlike rat wingers like yourself who say nothing about racist comments made by palaigerist joe or completely ignore corruption by people such as william jefferson when faced with it, or worse yet, try and justify it, while remaining silent about war profiteers like dianne fienstein (while whining like b!tches about cheney and haliburton), I and other conservatives have spoken out against the foley's, craig's, etc....

your continued simple minded approach on this issue is beyond pathetic.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SINYJets;2187237]Take this with a grain of salt becuase my two roomates were both speculating based on what was said, I wasn't there. My first reaction was you guys are nuts; I would never believe that. This was in the 02-03 school yr at NYU. These two guys are both huge Dems...one worked for Gore's campaign. The guest speaker was [B]Dick Morris[/B]. He wasn't speaking to a huge assembly, he was talking to a small class of Sr PolySci majors, so it was an intimate setting. Well, my roomates got back to the room and started talking about it so I joined in to get as much info from them as I could. They told me this: based on Dick's answers to questions about Bill and Hillary, they left with a huge impression the he and Hillary had had an affair. I know, it sounds nuts and far fetched. I wasn't there and I'm not trying to stir things up. They said he was even baiting the class to ask questions about Hillary. I don't believe it, it sounds crazy...I'm just saying this stoy popped into my mind when I saw this thread.[/QUOTE]

Morris hates hillary so I wouldn't believe it....then again he's probably embarassed he put his dick in her (coyote ugly syndrome) which is why he's kept it undercover....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2187261]the justifaction of rat-wing corruption continues.....

never said anything of the sort....unlike rat wingers like yourself who say nothing about racist comments made by palaigerist joe or completely ignore corruption by people such as william jefferson when faced with it, or worse yet, try and justify it, while remaining silent about war profiteers like dianne fienstein (while whining like b!tches about cheney and haliburton), I and other conservatives have spoken out against the foley's, craig's, etc....

your continued simple minded approach on this issue is beyond pathetic.....[/QUOTE]

What issue? This thread is about a mysterious sex scandal involving an unidentified presidential candidate. You have surmised it must be a Democrat and decided that this "looks like, once again- the jokes on rat-wingers...."

When asked to explain why you thought that, you interjected Mark Foley, Larry Craig and William Jefferson into the thread, to argue that somehow Republicans faced with scandals always resigned or were pressured out and Democrats never did, as if those were the only three disgraced pols in history.

You also made reference to Jefferson not being forced to resign from Senate committees, which is odd because he is in the House. When reminded that Ted Stephens, an actual senator accused of far more significant crimes than Jefferson, hadn't resigned either, you simply ignored it.

So, to bring this full circle, please explain your original statement that this mysterious sex scandal involving an unnamed pol (who the story says is not John Edwards) "looks like, once again- the jokes on rat-wingers...."

Can you explain your original statement?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2187230]First of all, William Jefferson is not on any Senate committees. He's in the House. Second, the allegation surrounding him are tame compared to those surrounding GOP Senator Ted Stephens, who I do not recall being kicked out of his committee assignment anytime recently.

News flash: Both sides have their share of corruption, and both generally deal with that corruption in the exact same way (ie. not until they absolutely have to). Your continued insistence that somehow Republicans are pure as the driven snow while the Democrats are all walking around in black hats is beyond myopic at this point.[/QUOTE]

Ouch.... CBNY owned again.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2187230]First of all, William Jefferson is not on any Senate committees. He's in the House. [/QUOTE]
    That's a relief. All's forgiven then?

[QUOTE="nuu"]Second, the allegation surrounding him are tame compared to those surrounding GOP Senator Ted Stephens, who I do not recall being kicked out of his committee assignment anytime recently.[/quote]
    Tame? The FBI finding $90k in cash in a Congressman's freezer is never "tame" - and that guy, while deserving 'innocence before guilt' in a court room, should be bounced from office. Find me a conservative on this board who supports the still-criminally innocent Senator Craig? Yet you defend Jefferson.

Please.

[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2187340] This thread is about a mysterious sex scandal involving an unidentified presidential candidate. You have surmised it must be a Democrat and decided that this "looks like, once again- the jokes on rat-wingers...."

When asked to explain why you thought that, you interjected Mark Foley, Larry Craig and William Jefferson into the thread, to argue that somehow Republicans faced with scandals always resigned or were pressured out and Democrats never did, as if those were the only three disgraced pols in history.
    [/QUOTE]

I did??? please point out specifically....or is this your usual made up bullsh!t, (ala- moveon never received a discount from the Slimes on purpose)???

[QUOTE]What issue? You also made reference to Jefferson not being forced to resign from Senate committees, which is odd because he is in the House. When reminded that Ted Stephens, an actual senator accused of far more significant crimes than Jefferson, hadn't resigned either, you simply ignored it.

So, to bring this full circle, please explain your original statement that this mysterious sex scandal involving an unnamed pol (who the story says is not John Edwards) "looks like, once again- the jokes on rat-wingers...."

Can you explain your original statement?[/QUOTE]

the issue of your constant ignorance and the belief that your views are anything beyond myopic...the fact the in your pathetic mind you think you are "open minded" and view Republicans any differently than I view liberals....the fact that in typical hypocritical rat-wing style you claim I ignored Ted Stephens yet you've not once broached william jefferson...and so on...and so on...and so on....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 10-31-2007 at 11:26 PM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2187266]Morris hates hillary so I wouldn't believe it....then again he's probably embarassed he put his dick in her (coyote ugly syndrome) which is why he's kept it undercover....[/QUOTE]

I believe it involves Hillary, a group of Chinese businessmen and a *******....

All League

This Is Not About Ethics

A conclusion can be drawn here...

Though I agree the person in question is PROBABLY a democrat, that is not necessarily true. If everyone in the press knows about this yet no one has spilled the beans, it can only mean that the allegations cannot be substantiated. In spite of a liberal press, there are many hungry reporters (and media outlets) out there just chomping at the bit for a chance to break a story like this. The only logical explanation for the story being withheld by so many, is their fear of lawsuits. Therefore, these allegations cannot YET be proven. :yes:
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 11-01-2007 at 12:48 PM.

[QUOTE=Jet Blast;2188297]A conclusion can be drawn here...

Though I agree the person in question is PROBABLY a democrat, that is not necessarily true. If everyone in the press knows about this yet no one has spilled the beans, it can only mean that the allegations cannot be substantiated. In spite of a liberal press, there are many hungry reporters (and media outlets) out there just chomping at the bit for a chance to break a story like this. The only logical explanation for the story being withheld by so many, is their fear of lawsuits. Therefore, these allegations cannot YET be proven. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. But I am still left with the feeling that if the Scandal were about a Republican, it would already be out there in some form, perhaps with a whole busload of "as some say" and "we've heard from an unnamed source's" type of proof.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2188311]I agree completely. But I am still left with the feeling that if the Scandal were about a Republican, it would already be out there in some form, perhaps with a whole busload of "as some say" and "we've heard from an unnamed source's" type of proof.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with this, because the gossip press tends to lean right, if anything. Page 6 at the Murdoch-owned New York Post, the Drudge Report --the world's leading panty sniffers-- are certainly not inclined historically to do Democrats any favors in these matters. Drudge picked up the National Enquirer/Edwards thing, after all, and everybody remembers how he drove the Monica Lewinsky coverage way back when, basically bullying Newsweek off the fence on the story.

If a media outlet is sitting on a big sex story, you can bet Drudge and Page 6 are hot on the case, regardless of the party of whoever they ctach with their pants down. I don't think they'll hold off for anybody.
    Last edited by nuu faaola; 11-01-2007 at 01:10 PM.

Come on there have been rumors for YEARS that Hillary is gay and that her marriage is out of political convience for both (hence why she doesn't "care about his mistakes).

Not sure if i beleive but i wonder..................

Banned
    Its unfortunate taht this country is a two party system

It seems like peoples common sense gets trumped by their political affiliation.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2188262]I believe it involves Hillary, a group of Chinese businessmen and a *******....[/QUOTE]

I think even the chinese have more pride than to ******* that scank....

This sex scandal stuff is getting old quick. Is it that people are more outraged that someone who wants bathroom samesex sex is a hypocrite or is it that they just get giddy over the story?

[QUOTE=chicadeel;2188425]This sex scandal stuff is getting old quick. Is it that people are more outraged that someone who wants bathroom samesex sex is a hypocrite or is it that they just get giddy over the story?[/QUOTE]

Sex sells a lot of newspapers. Plus, when politicians (of either party) say one thing and do another, it makes for a pretty juicy story, which also sells, of course.

For all the talk about media bias, the biggest media bias by far is toward profit. It's a business in a free-market economy, after all, so that's probabnly how it ought to be.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=nationalist88;2187156]Bullseye.. :yes: I'd go so far as to say it's one of the MSM's two favorites, either of which they'd love to see become president; the black guy or the woman..[/QUOTE]

The woman....from your lips to God's ears! :yes:

But whats the big deal about a blow up doll? A sex scandal?? Come on! :rolleyes:

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/LIFreeSpirit/Hillary.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=nationalist88;2187156]Bullseye.. :yes: I'd go so far as to say it's one of the MSM's two favorites, either of which they'd love to see become president; the black guy or the woman..[/QUOTE]

Well unfortunately, it's gotta be the black guy...Black guys have trouble keeping it in their pants...and we know Hillary probably hasn't had sex in 20 years :eek::eek:

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2187731]I did??? please point out specifically....or is this your usual made up bullsh!t,

[/QUOTE]

Post #17, this thread.

By the way, I find William Jefferson to be a scumbag. The difference between you and me is your insistence that somehow only Democrats are corrupt, or somehow more corrupt, or handle their corruption differently than Republicans do. I don't feel that way about Democrats. (Search for threads containing "culture of hypocrisy" from you to see 1,000 examples of this.)

I believe both sides have their bad apples.

I am a liberal so that's why I support Democrats on most issues. My allegiance is based on my views on issues. I don't pretend the guys on my sides are saints and paint the entire opposition as traitors and devils, as you do so often.