Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What was hussien obama doing?? Facing mecca????

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2188226]funny how rat-wingers can't even get it right when trying to make their feeble points....

[url]http://www.bartleby.com/73/1056.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Joe Biden would have had it right, though.;)

Veteran
    Entropy:

(1) a doctrine of inevitable social decline and degeneration (see Jets Insider.com politics forum)

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2188193]Those who would give up a little liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    - Ben Franklin[/QUOTE]

Nobody was strapping bombs to their chest and walking into crowded places when ben Franklin said that.

The rules of the game have changed , it would be stupid to not change the way you play it.

[QUOTE=USAFJETSFAN;2187961]????

All personnel in uniform and outside must face the flag and salute during the raising and lowering of the flag. Upon the first note of the national anthem or “To the Colors,” all personnel in uniform who aren’t in formation should stand and face the flag (or the sound of the music if the flag is not visible) and salute. Hold the salute until the last note of the music is played

When in [B]civilian clothes[/B], face the flag (or the sound of the music if the flag is not visible) and [B]stand at attention with the right hand over the heart[/B].

[SIZE="4"][B]I would think a US Senator and Democratic Presidential nominee would know proper customs and courtesies.[/B][/SIZE]

I hear the National Anthem I do not think twice. I always pay respect to the flag and to what it represents.

What pisses me off more then anything, is going to a sporting event and hearing morons on cell phones and people bsing while it is being played.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2188193]Those who would give up a little liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    - Ben Franklin[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if you quote that when you take your shoes off and walk through the metal detector at the airport...

Do you ??

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2187716]I was calling you pathetic for you obvious disregard and non-chalant attitude towards the flag.....it fit perfectly....

funny sh!t from a rat-wing hypocrite who posts all his talking points from a george soros funded lunatic leftist site like media matters....

she's got a lot in common with palaigerist joe biden....[/QUOTE]

1) I would rather be nonchalant toward the flag --a symbol-- than to our constitution --our laws and traditions-- as you clearly are, based on your views.

2) I think, in the entire time I've posted here, I have linked to something from Media Matters exactly once, which is not funded by George Soros, btw.

3) Please, please, please learn how to spell "plagiarist." You are embarassing yourself.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=cr726;2188178]I was taught at boot camp to stand at attention, no mention of hand over heart.[/QUOTE

What branch of service were you in? These customs and courtesies are long standing throughout any military branch and are pummeled in your head from day one in "boot camp" basic military training.

I find it very hard to believe that you were told only to stand at attention during the playing of the National Anthem.

Banned
    [QUOTE=USAFJETSFAN;2188346][QUOTE=cr726;2188178]I was taught at boot camp to stand at attention, no mention of hand over heart.[/QUOTE

What branch of service were you in? These customs and courtesies are long standing throughout any military branch and are pummeled in your head from day one in "boot camp" basic military training.

I find it very hard to believe that you were told only to stand at attention during the playing of the National Anthem.[/QUOTE]

I was in the Navy and I was told when not wearing uniform to just stand at attention.

When in uniform...salute

when out of uniform...stand at attention

when reciting the pledge....hand over your heart

and I before E except after C

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2188283]1) I would rather be nonchalant toward the flag --a symbol-- than to our constitution --our laws and traditions-- as you clearly are, based on your views.[/QUOTE]

and the irony is your views are no more or less extreme than mine yet from the opposite side of the political aisle...

[QUOTE]2) I think, in the entire time I've posted here, I have linked to something from Media Matters exactly once, which is not funded by George Soros, btw.[/QUOTE]

and that is exactly one more time than I've posted from [I]National Enquirer, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh or Red State (post 17)....hence you're way ahead of me in the depatment of postings from lunatic sites...

[QUOTE]3) Please, please, please learn how to spell "plagiarist." You are [B]embarassing[/B] yourself.[/QUOTE]

"embarassing? myself??? it's spelled [B]embarrasing[/B] moron....

Hall Of Fame
    I don't care if Obama wears a flag pin or not. I just roll my eyes at his insufferably self-righteous explanation as to why he doesn't. He comes across as an arrogant prick, relative event to other politicians, who are pretty much all arrogant pr*cks. Liberal sanctimoniousness has never been on a more full display.

I also laugh my a$$ off when liberals talk about "Bush's" Patriot Act, as if Congress didn't overwhelmingly vote for it and then renew it years later. You guys are about to nominate for President a person who voted in support of the Iraq War for a [I]second [/I]time since it started, as well as someone who voted for the Patriot Act twice. Yet you flap your gums away about the constitution. You sound like f*cking children.

And yeah, this is a supid thread and a stupid topic and I could give two sh*ts what Obama does when the anthem is played.

Oh, and JetsPenny, this quote, "Um... no, that would be the far LEFT-WINGERS who say no abortion! no gay marraige! the bible make decision! no consititution! only ca-tho-lic pres-i-dent!" is spectacularly stupid. Honestly, I am embarassed for you. It's tough to come across as a huge idiot on this board, since you have so much competition, but you pulled it off. Bravo.

Oh, and Nuu, MMA is most certainly funded by George Soros. Do you honestly buy that claptrap about how groups Soros funds only happened to have provided startup money for MMA? If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you...." Soros, OSI, MoveOn, Center for American Progress, Tides, he funds all of them and they all fund MMA. It's not very complicated, Soros funds the organizations that fund MMA. There's nothing wrong with that, just be honest about it. Don't try to act like they aren't just yet another liberal advocacy group, like zillions of others. Why do liberals have to deny it when organizations are clearly liberal, like the NYT or ACLU? I understand, politically, why you'd need to foster this veneer of objectivity, but I think it goes deeper than that. I think liberals honestly and sincerely think that these groups aren't liberal or biased because they don't think they are biased themselves and they project that absurd view of reality on to those information sources with which they agree. It's the only explanation. I don't know how many times liberals on this board have tried to tell me the NYT isn't liberal. It's hilarious. I seriously think you guys don't realize how ridiculous that makes you seem? Why not just admit what everyone knows is true?
    Last edited by jets5ever; 11-01-2007 at 12:58 PM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2188367]

"embarassing? myself??? it's spelled [B]embarrasing[/B] moron....[/QUOTE]

Actually, we both had that one wrong: It's "embarrassing."

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2188367]and the irony is your views are no more or less extreme than mine yet from the opposite side of the political aisle...

and that is exactly one more time than I've posted from [I]National Enquirer, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh or Red State (post 17)....hence you're way ahead of me in the depatment of postings from lunatic sites...

.[/QUOTE]

Complete and utter nonsense. Look at my original post: You posted the Edwards story, which was a link to the National Enquirer. And you posted the Prius story, which was the topic-du-jour on Rush Limbaugh that week.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2188391]Complete and utter nonsense. Look at my original post: You posted the Edwards story, which was a link to the National Enquirer. And you posted the Prius story, which was the topic-du-jour on Rush Limbaugh that week.[/QUOTE]

wrong as usual....the only nonsense is the garbage you make up...

the Edwards story was straight from Slate.com, a liberal mouthpiece, who used the Enquirer as one of their sources in the story....the Prius story came right from the author on the web site as CCSU....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jets5ever;2188388]I don't care if Obama wears a flag pin or not. I just roll my eyes at his insufferably self-righteous explanation as to why he doesn't. He comes across as an arrogant prick, relative event to other politicians, who are pretty much all arrogant pr*cks. Liberal sanctimoniousness has never been on a more full display.

I also laugh my a$$ off when liberals talk about "Bush's" Patriot Act, as if Congress didn't overwhelmingly vote for it and then renew it years later. You guys are about to nominate for President a person who voted in support of the Iraq War for a [I]second [/I]time since it started, as well as someone who voted for the Patriot Act twice. Yet you flap your gums away about the constitution. You sound like f*cking children.

And yeah, this is a supid thread and a stupid topic and I could give two sh*ts what Obama does when the anthem is played.

Oh, and JetsPenny, this quote, "[B]Um... no, that would be the far LEFT-WINGERS who say no abortion! no gay marraige! the bible make decision! no consititution! only ca-tho-lic pres-i-dent!" is spectacularly stupid. [/B] Honestly, I am embarassed for you. It's tough to come across as a huge idiot on this board, since you have so much competition, but you pulled it off. Bravo.[/QUOTE]

he did say it was a typo and he meant right wingers....but if far right wingers say no to abortion what does live birth abortion advocate obama classify as???

and I'd like a hand count of the far right wingers who actually want a Catholic as president....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2188395]wrong as usual....the only nonsense is the garbage you make up...

the Edwards story was straight from Slate.com, a liberal mouthpiece, who used the Enquirer as one of their sources in the story....the Prius story came right from the author on the web site as CCSU....[/QUOTE]

No, the Slate story --from a conservative blog housed there-- contained a link to the National Enquirer story. The Enquirer story was what it was talking about. You posted a link that basically said "hey look at what the enquirer wrote" as fact.

First line of what you quoted from it in your own post here:

[QUOTE]The National Enquirer claims to have enough of the Edwards cheating-on-cancer-stricken-wife story, including "bombshell" e-mails, to run with. ... P.S.: They "met in a bar." Sounds familiar! ... You read it here first. ... [/QUOTE]

The Prius story was pimped to the right wing blogosphere by Rush, as the author himself noted when he later admitted he got it completely wrong. You posted it here like the dutiful dittohead you are.
    Last edited by nuu faaola; 11-01-2007 at 12:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2188402]No, the Slate story --from a conservative blog housed there-- contained a link to the National Enquirer story. The Enquirer story was what it was talking about. You posted a link that basically said "hey look at what the enquirer wrote" as fact.

First line of what you quoted from it in your own post here:

The Prius story was pimped to the right wing blogosphere by Rush, as the author himself noted when he later admitted he got it completely wrong. You posted it here like the dutiful dittohead you are.[/QUOTE]

as usual, being a good george soros disciple you try and spin your way out of your bullsh!t to no avail...in niether case have you shown that the posts came from any right wing site, as you alleged....rather you admit it was a story from the liberal Slate.com but like the lunatic leftists who claim karl rove was guilty in the valerie plame affair you can't let go and just keep on going....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2188414]as usual, being a good george soros disciple you try and spin your way out of your bullsh!t to no avail...in niether case have you shown that the posts came from any right wing site, as you alleged....rather you admit it was a story from the liberal Slate.com but like the lunatic leftists who claim karl rove was guilty in the valerie plame affair you can't let go and just keep on going....[/QUOTE]

No spinning at all. The Slate link was based on a story in the National Enquirer. You posted it here as fact.

[QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2188253][B]Nobody was strapping bombs to their chest and walking into crowded places when ben Franklin said that.[/B]

The rules of the game have changed , it would be stupid to not change the way you play it.[/QUOTE]

And nobody is doing that now here in the USA, are they?

The rules do not change. The enemy is the same. The only enemy that truly threatens us is fear. The moment you give up some liberty b/c of fear, they will take more until you have none left.

Our forefathers use to shout out "Give me Liberty or Give me Death" Now all the little chicken$hits on the Right are shouting "Here take my Liberty just spare me death". What cowards!!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2188423]No spinning at all. The Slate link was based on a story in the National Enquirer. You posted it here as fact.[/QUOTE]

no different then your pathetic clamoring for a week that the NYSlimes did not give moveon a discount on purpose....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2188226]funny how rat-wingers can't even get it right when trying to make their feeble points....

[url]http://www.bartleby.com/73/1056.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Its the same thing.
    You chicken$hit coward.