Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: God Bless America

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

God Bless America

with all of our systems warts, problems, corruption and missed opportunities, we still should be extremely grateful for the peaceful transition of power our sytem provides, and that this has never happened here;

(CNN) -- Former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto described a "wave of disappointment" Saturday and called President Pervez Musharraf a "military dictator" after he declared a state of emergency in Pakistan and [B]suspended its constitution.[/B] :eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=samwise;2192471]with all of our systems warts, problems, corruption and missed opportunities, we still should be extremely grateful for the peaceful transition of power our sytem provides, and that this has never happened here;

(CNN) -- Former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto described a "wave of disappointment" Saturday and called President Pervez Musharraf a "military dictator" after he declared a state of emergency in Pakistan and [B]suspended its constitution.[/B] :eek:[/QUOTE]

:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=samwise;2192471]with all of our systems warts, problems, corruption and missed opportunities, we still should be extremely grateful for the peaceful transition of power our sytem provides, and that this has never happened here;

(CNN) -- [B]Former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto described a "wave of disappointment" Saturday and called President Pervez Musharraf a "military dictator" after he declared a state of emergency in Pakistan and [B]suspended its constitution.[/B] :[/B]eek:[/QUOTE]

I didn't understand what kind if legitimacy she had when coming back. Wasn't she kicked out on suspicions of corruption? She then makes a triumphal comeback saying she's "willing" to share power??

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your title is deceiving! God isn't blessing this country any longer. Get that statement in your head. America is done. It has turned its back on God for the sake of immorality and the gay agenda. That fag rag should not be flown any other way than upside down to show this country is in irreversible distress. Worse and more is to come as long this once great country keeps on removing God from all things.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2195522]Your title is deceiving! God isn't blessing this country any longer. Get that statement in your head. America is done. It has turned its back on God for the sake of immorality and the gay agenda. That fag rag should not be flown any other way than upside down to show this country is in irreversible distress. Worse and more is to come as long this once great country keeps on removing God from all things.[/QUOTE]

Jesus would definitely use terms like "fag rag." Way to follow in his footsteps.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2195522]Your title is deceiving! God isn't blessing this country any longer. Get that statement in your head. America is done. It has turned its back on God for the sake of immorality and the gay agenda. That fag rag should not be flown any other way than upside down to show this country is in irreversible distress. Worse and more is to come as long this once great country keeps on removing God from all things.[/QUOTE]

lol, I saw through your act a year ago. Don't waste your posts on me ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=samwise;2197470]lol, I saw through your act a year ago. Don't waste your posts on me ;)[/QUOTE]

Then why don't you have him on ignore like everybody else? :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

As a Christian, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that Sackdance99 has about no right to proclaim God's absolute stand on America. Sackdance99, please remember that Israel went through bouts of rejecting God's ways and choosing other gods time and again, but God never rejected Israel. There are examples, time and agin, where God shows mercy and grace when His children return to Him.

I think it is fair to say that the recent leadership of our country, particularly the courts and some elements of Congress, have acted with total disregard to God's ways (which makes sense because those who acted as such have proclaimed their lack of faith.) Remember when God blasted Sodom and Gomorrah to eternity? Please remember that God said He would spare the cities if He could find as few as 10 righteous men. As bad as parts of America are, it could be much, much worse. Have you ever seen what man is capable of when they take God completely out of the picture? Nazi Germany, Stalin's Mother Russia and Pol Pot's Cambodia are good examples. God is still giving us, as a country, a chance to submit to Him.

Sackdance, I know it is frustrating to see the outright attacks on Christianity that exist in our land today. The enemies of God have been taking shots at Him forever - from Nebuchednezar to Nero to Rosselau and The Enlightenment and Communism. Remember our fight is with "principalities and powers." But those faithful to God have seen some gains in our land (most notably in the Supreme Court) and have the potential to enact more by compassionately being a part of the political process (if we are neither compassionate nor involved, we will surely lose power.)

Can you see that if a God fearing man or woman is able to secure the Presidency and works within a world view that values what God does (love for thy neighbor, morality, a culture of life) and if the same gains control of the legislature, our country's ways would be more pleasing to God? He seeks men and women of faith who will stand in the gap. He is not looking for compassionless people to scream God hates you.

It is really, really important to remember at all times that we did not seek God, He first saved us and that were it not for Him, our hearts would be just like the hearts of the unbeliever. If you don't believe me, crack open your Bible and start reading Paul's letters because that is what The Bible says. "There is none that is righteous. No, not one." "You are saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone and not by works lest any man should boast." "Remember you did not choose me but I have chosen you."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

DON'T YOU EVER USE THE TERM FAG RAG AGAIN! MAY I ASK WHY YOU BELIEVE THAT GAYS DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET MARRIED?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JCnflies;2197873] "Remember you did not choose me but I have chosen you."[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, the Elect. Another great topic for discussion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I havcen't spent much time considering Calvinism, predestination and the like. But none theless, I do know Christ is the one who said He choose me first. In fact, if I were to tell you of the day God took hold of my life, it is exactly because He choose me. I had little to do with it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2195527]Jesus would definitely use terms like "fag rag." Way to follow in his footsteps.[/QUOTE]

Any response?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sharrow;2197857]Then why don't you have him on ignore like everybody else? :yes:[/QUOTE]

As infuriating as his view point is, I love to hear opposing view points, even if they don't make much sense (I have yet to hear a real arguement stating the problems with gay marriage)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2197909]Any response?[/QUOTE]

I agreed with you:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2197887]DON'T YOU EVER USE THE TERM FAG RAG AGAIN! MAY I ASK WHY YOU BELIEVE THAT GAYS DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET MARRIED?[/QUOTE]

JetsPenny, I think the reason that homosexuals do not have the right to be married is because marraige is a privilege, not a right. Furthermore, until a few activist judges decided to radically reinvent state Constitutions, marraige was commonly interpreted to be between a man and a woman. Furthermore, by a better than 7 to 3 margin average, every state in the union that has held a vote on a state ammendment to restrict marraige to a man and a woman has approved that ammendment.

And remember, we are still a Democracy and the will of the majority prevails.

That is why.

And you won;t hear me use such a term. i have met many people who are gay and am lucky to call a few friends. But that does not mean that the guiding principles of our country should be changed because I or anyone else might want it to be so (for the record, I am against gay marraige.) If you want it changed, go through the process of changing it. So far, America as a whole has been pretty clear about this. If I have to respect laws that go against my belief system, so does everyone else.
    Last edited by JCnflies; 11-05-2007 at 10:59 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2197887]DON'T YOU EVER USE THE TERM FAG RAG AGAIN! MAY I ASK WHY YOU BELIEVE THAT GAYS DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET MARRIED?[/QUOTE]

Gays have no right to do anything other than what God says. God calls gays an abomination. He says their acts are vile. He said man shall not lie with man and woman shall not lie with woman. How much more clear can it be, how can you not understand that plain talk. Queers do not get special treatment. Homosexuality is the most blatant smash mouth insult to God. Gays are irreversibly doomed for hell because they have no chance of repenting, they are not sorry for their sin, they are proud of it!! Every single gay or lesbian who dies in their filthy sin will split hell wide open. Take that to the bank!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JCnflies;2197919]JetsPenny, I think the reason that homosexuals do not have the right to be married is because marraige is a privilege, not a right. Furthermore, until a few activist judges decided to radically reinvent state Constitutions, marraige was commonly interpreted to be between a man and a woman. Furthermore, by a better than 7 to 3 margin average, every state in the union that has held a vote on a state ammendment to restrict marraige to a man and a woman has approved that ammendment.

That is why.[/QUOTE]

I like you, you seem like an intellegent person who I can actually debate this with.

Why would you say that marriage is a right? People who say this seem to me to be going back to the times when blacks and whites were separated. Yes many people say that because the constitution does not allow for gay marriage it should not be allowed, my arguement against that is: when the constitution was written there was a clause specifying slavery was allowed, if we can change that great injustice how come we can't just let people be happy and marry if they want to?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2197912]As infuriating as his view point is, I love to hear opposing view points, even if they don't make much sense (I have yet to hear a real arguement stating the problems with gay marriage)[/QUOTE]

There has been at least one good thread discussion about that here. You can't search here unless you pay, so I can't bump it for you or post a link; but you might be able to find it in the archive or have one of the VIPs find it for you. Anyway, he's not the one you want to have that discussion with, it would be a waste of time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2197926]Gays have no right to do anything other than what God says. God calls gays an abomination. He says their acts are vile. He said man shall not lie with man and woman shall not lie with woman. How much more clear can it be, how can you not understand that plain talk. Queers do not get special treatment. Homosexuality is the most blatant smash mouth insult to God. Gays are irreversibly doomed for hell because they have no chance of repenting, they are not sorry for their sin, they are proud of it!! Every single gay or lesbian who dies in their filthy sin will split hell wide open. Take that to the bank![/QUOTE]

See my post to the other anti-gay rights person on this board, however you are not smart enough to have an intellegent arguement on this so I won't take too much of my time on this.

1) Our country is a country based on the ideal that your religion should not be used against you. While you may see gays as being wrong, under our constitution you have no basis for your arguement.

2) Can you agree that sometimes people are wrong? (answer this and I will make a very compelling case)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sharrow;2197931]There has been at least one good thread discussion about that here. You can't search here unless you pay, so I can't bump it for you or post a link; but you might be able to find it in the archive or have one of the VIPs find it for you. Anyway, he's not the one you want to have that discussion with, it would be a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

I am begining to think of SD to my ignore list because he doesnt make any valid arguements, just yells "BIBLE BIBLE BIBLE" this other guy, JC, I like him, he seems smart.