Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: God Bless America

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2199573]Homosexuality is just a path of sin. God doesn't judge cancer, cerebral palsy, diabetes or other diseases but he judges homosexuality as sin. Nobody wakes up one day saying I want to be a drug dealer, a pedophile, a shoplifter, an alcoholic or a queer. It is one of thousands of paths of sin they have chosen.[/QUOTE]

Does God use the term "fag rag"?

In case people want to know the difference between intelligence and no intelligence here you go:
    Intelligent:
    [QUOTE]I'll try to give an accurate and fair reason why I think there are justifiable reasons for not permitting gay marraige. To begin why I think we should not allow it is kind of a misleading question. The real question is why should you allow it. JetsPenny spoke of how it is possible to be wrong (and it is and segregation, slavery and women's rights are three good examples). But that does not mean that the notion of confining a marraige to a woman and a man is wrong ................... it is possible that it is right and the movement is wrong. Clearly our Constitution has gotten much more right than wrong.

The first point I would like to make is what the basis for law is, at least as interpreted by the Courts. Up until about the year 1948, the courts interpreted law as derived from moral absolutes given by the Creator (God.) But at about that time and through the present day, law has been reinterpreted to what is best for managing society. For example, "Thou shalt not kill" and the other 9 Commandments adorn virtually every older courthouse in the country (and the Supreme Court itself). Because God said, it was outlawed. Nowadayhs, the courts view such basis for law as insiffucient. Instead, they think that murder is bad for society so it can't be allowed. This radical shift in perspective is what has caused the constant strain as the old interpretations are constantly being overturned (btw, the liberals know all of this very well which is why they fight to the death over SC candidates. If one more conservative like Alito or Roberts jolins Scalia and Thomas, the old interpretations may once again gain import.)

All of this means that I can not simply state that gay marraige should be outlawed because God said homosexuality is wrong. I have to argue within the framework of what is best for society and with an eye toward maintaining an individuals civil rights.

Why is a person homosexual? Some say that it is a lifestyle choice (environmentally influenced) and others say it is genetic.

Let's consider the genetic argument first. Is someone born gay? One of the things that protraditionally family groups tout is tha there has never been a conclusive study proving that homosexuality is genetically caused. I honestly have never spent time researching this, but it seems to me that if the homosexual rights groups could prove this claim to be wrong, then it would be front page news and Focus on the family and Dr. James Dobson (a constant target of such groups) would be publicly ridiculed. That has not happened, so I tend to think this information is accurate. There may exist studies that have shown a link may exist, but that does not mean causality.

But even if such a gene exists, it still would not settle the argument. Many people leave the gay lifestyle; in fact, an organization actively involved in helping those who believed they were born homosexual and had no choice in their sexuality is Exodus International. I do not know exactly what the numbers are or the percent of gays that leave the homosexual lifestyle is, but the numbers are not miniscule as many of those who choose to be heterosexual become involved in helping others leave the lifestyle.

Now my question is this. Were the people who chose to leave born homosexual? Is the reason that they were living a gay life genetic? was it natural to them? See the thing is, if you ask any of them, they would say that it was (now looking back) not their nature at all to be gay. In fact, other factors lead to their living a gay lifestyle.

The existence of many people who have left the gay lifestyle nad found contentment in heterosexual lifestyle means that either (1) the genetic predisposition is not what the gay movement would want us to think it is and (2) that the dominant factor, according to those who leave the lifestyle, is not genetic but rather environmental.

Now what if being gay is a choice? If being gay is a choice, a society has every right to decide that that choice is outside the bounds of what is acceptable to that society. Let's look at some of the other choices that society makes.

How come a man can fight and die for his country but can not buy a beer till he turns 21? Because it is what works best for society. Seriously, why doesn;t he have the right to buy a beer?

How come a 30 year old guy can marry an 18 year old but not a 17 year old? Because that is what works best for maintianing society. Shouldn;t they have the "right" to marry?

How come marraige should be limited to one man and one woman.......... why not one man and two women? Or three women? Or 100? Because it is in society's best interest to do so (as defined not by me but by our laws and courts.)

If child molestation is genetic (as some would like us to believe) or environmental, how come it is outlawed? Shouldn;t those who wish to practice that particular form of "love" have the right to do so? (I am in no way equating homosexuals with child molestors, I am equating the notion that each of htese groups could argue that they have a right to pursue love and be recognized as they each see fit.) Who are we to say no?

So my point here is to say that society does, of necessity, have to draw the line somewhere. As a democracy, where we choose to draw that line is a matter of public vote. To this point in time, we as a nation view homosexuality as outside the realm of acceptable relationships. Further, there are mountains of studies that purport to show that a breakdown in the traditional nuclear family is inevitably followed by significant societal strain and a negative impact on the society. For all of htese reasons, society surely has the "right" to disapprove.

My free time is up and I did not quite pull it all together. I'l ltry to do that later.

What about those who[/QUOTE]

Not Intelligent:
    [QUOTE]Homosexuality is just a path of sin. God doesn't judge cancer, cerebral palsy, diabetes or other diseases but he judges homosexuality as sin. Nobody wakes up one day saying I want to be a drug dealer, a pedophile, a shoplifter, an alcoholic or a queer. It is one of thousands of paths of sin they have chosen. [/QUOTE]

BTW to JC:
    I think your responce deserves my reply, however I can't get to it right now...BUT I do want to thank you for providing me insight on the oppisite side of the arguement in an intelligent mannor, I now understand the reason that SOME (not you Sackdance) people are apposed to allowing gay marriage. Also while this is a very good debate, I do think it will end in an agreement to disagree, because these are beliefs whick I can see we both hold very dearly.

Jets Insider VIP
    The reality of life is that in general, gays are proud of their filthy lives, they try to convince everyone that what they are doing really isn't a sin, and they therefore cannot repent. The Bible teaches (and experience shows) that God has given up on homosexuals. In Romans 1, it says that God has given them up to uncleanness, to vile affections, and to a reprobate mind. These perverts who are given up by God are hated by God, they will never have hope, they will continue to live as workers of iniquity, they will never have any interest in repenting (and indeed, they CAN'T repent, because it's impossible to repent of something that you're proud of), they will die in their sins, and they will burn in hell for all eternity. The only way that a person can come to Christ is if the Father draws him (John 6:44). If the only power in the universe that can draw someone to repentance is God, and God has given that person up, then that person has absolutely no hope. In fact, this is true for most of mankind, because Christ taught that most of mankind goes to hell (Matthew 7:13,14), and is therefore not drawn by God; but it is especially true for gays/lesbians, who are singled out in Romans 1 as the most perverse form of idolatrous sinners.

To wit:

A phrase that has come up recently in this earth is "sexual orientation." This is a phrase made up by gays to try to make themselves look less filthy than they really are. The purpose of the phrase is to take the spotlight from what these perverts do, and put it on the notion that they are just poor, mistreated people, who simply are attracted to members of the same sex - as if they aren't engaging in activity forbidden by God Almighty. "Sexual orientation," as used today, has nothing to do with sexual activity (yeah, right), but only refers to who or what a particular person is attracted to. If you think that people of other "sexual orientations" are just fine, let's see what other "sexual orientations" you would necessarily have to accept as wholesome and pure. If you're not going to discriminate based on "sexual orientation", then you must not discriminate against any of the following. If you discriminate against any of these, you're a hypocrite. These "sexual orientations" are generally known as "paraphilias", and are mental disorders - just like homosexuality used to be (29).

* Exhibitionism - involves people who are sexually aroused by the idea of exposing their genitals to a stranger.
    * Fetishism - involves people who are sexually aroused by nonliving objects.
    * Frotteurism - involves people who are sexually aroused by the idea of touching and rubbing against a nonconsenting person.
    * Pedophilia - involves people who are sexually attracted to prepubescent children (usually 13 years or younger).
    * Sexual Masochism - involves people who are sexually aroused by being "humiliated, beaten, bound, or otherwise made to suffer."
    * Transvestic Fetishism - involves people who are sexually aroused by cross-dressing.
    * Voyeurism - involves people who are sexually aroused by watching unsuspecting strangers have sex.
    * Telephone Scatologia - involves people who are sexually aroused by making obscene phone calls.
    * Necrophilia - involves people who are sexually attracted to corpses.
    * Partialism - involves people who are sexually attracted to exclusively one part of the body.
    * Zoophilia - involves people who are sexually attracted to animals.
    * Coprophilia - involves people who are sexually aroused by feces.
    * Klismaphilia - involves people who are sexually aroused by enemas.
    * Urophilia - involves people who are sexually aroused by urine.
    * Sexual Sadism - involves people who are sexually aroused by causing the psychological or physical suffering of a victim (e.g., "restraint, blindfolding, paddling, spanking, whipping, pinching, beating, burning, electrical shocks, rape, cutting, stabbing, strangulation, torture, mutilation, or killing").

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2199707]If you think that people of other "sexual orientations" are just fine, let's see what other "sexual orientations" you would necessarily have to accept as wholesome and pure.[/QUOTE]

Do you blow your wife?

Fanaticgodism- involves the having of sex missionary style, with your married partner, for procreation purposes ONLY, with the lights turned off, your eyes closed while humming some type of religious song or at least having some type of religious fixure present in the room. Any deviation whether mental or physical is a direct ticket to hell. :cool:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2199707]The reality of life is that in general, gays are proud of their filthy lives, they try to convince everyone that what they are doing really isn't a sin, and they therefore cannot repent. The Bible teaches (and experience shows) that God has given up on homosexuals. In Romans 1, it says that God has given them up to uncleanness, to vile affections, and to a reprobate mind. These perverts who are given up by God are hated by God, they will never have hope, they will continue to live as workers of iniquity, they will never have any interest in repenting (and indeed, they CAN'T repent, because it's impossible to repent of something that you're proud of), they will die in their sins, and they will burn in hell for all eternity. The only way that a person can come to Christ is if the Father draws him (John 6:44). If the only power in the universe that can draw someone to repentance is God, and God has given that person up, then that person has absolutely no hope. In fact, this is true for most of mankind, because Christ taught that most of mankind goes to hell (Matthew 7:13,14), and is therefore not drawn by God; but it is especially true for gays/lesbians, who are singled out in Romans 1 as the most perverse form of idolatrous sinners.

To wit:

A phrase that has come up recently in this earth is "sexual orientation." This is a phrase made up by gays to try to make themselves look less filthy than they really are. The purpose of the phrase is to take the spotlight from what these perverts do, and put it on the notion that they are just poor, mistreated people, who simply are attracted to members of the same sex - as if they aren't engaging in activity forbidden by God Almighty. "Sexual orientation," as used today, has nothing to do with sexual activity (yeah, right), but only refers to who or what a particular person is attracted to. If you think that people of other "sexual orientations" are just fine, let's see what other "sexual orientations" you would necessarily have to accept as wholesome and pure. If you're not going to discriminate based on "sexual orientation", then you must not discriminate against any of the following. If you discriminate against any of these, you're a hypocrite. These "sexual orientations" are generally known as "paraphilias", and are mental disorders - just like homosexuality used to be (29).

* Exhibitionism - involves people who are sexually aroused by the idea of exposing their genitals to a stranger.
    * Frotteurism - involves people who are sexually aroused by the idea of touching and rubbing against a nonconsenting person.
    * Pedophilia - involves people who are sexually attracted to prepubescent children (usually 13 years or younger).
    * Sexual Masochism - involves people who are sexually aroused by being "humiliated, beaten, bound, or otherwise made to suffer."
    * Transvestic Fetishism - involves people who are sexually aroused by cross-dressing.
    * Voyeurism - involves people who are sexually aroused by watching unsuspecting strangers have sex.
    * Telephone Scatologia - involves people who are sexually aroused by making obscene phone calls.
    * Partialism - involves people who are sexually attracted to exclusively one part of the body.
    * Sexual Sadism - involves people who are sexually aroused by causing the psychological or physical suffering of a victim (e.g., "restraint, blindfolding, paddling, spanking, whipping, pinching, beating, burning, electrical shocks, rape, cutting, stabbing, strangulation, torture, mutilation, or killing").[/QUOTE]

ok so you everytime you have sex is to procreate? You never use any type of birth control? never engaged in oral sex or any othe rtype of sexual contact other than intercourse?

All these almight priests that we hear about having sex with children - what happened with them?

Where in the 10 Commandments or the bible does it say anyting about homosexuality?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2195522]Your title is deceiving! God isn't blessing this country any longer. Get that statement in your head. America is done. It has turned its back on God for the sake of immorality and the gay agenda. That fag rag should not be flown any other way than upside down to show this country is in irreversible distress. Worse and more is to come as long this once great country keeps on removing God from all things.[/QUOTE]

WWJD:rolleyes:

Banned
    I think Jesus was gay

-He was always surrounded by men

-He wore toga's and bed sheets

-The church insists that he never had a relationship with a woman or ever conceived a child

-In the Gospel of John, the disciple John frequently refers to himself in the third person as "the disciple whom Jesus loved"

-in Matthew 8:5-13: and Luke 7:2: "One day a Roman Centurion asked him to heal his dying servant. Scholars of both Scripture and Ancient History tell us that Roman Centurions, who were not permitted to marry while in service, regularly chose a favorite male slave to be their personal assistant and sexual servant. Such liaisons were common in the Greco-Roman world and it was not unusual for them to deepen into loving partnerships....Jesus offered to go to the servant, but the centurion asked him simply to speak a word of healing, since he was not worthy to welcome this itinerant Jewish teacher under his roof. Jesus responded by healing the servant and proclaiming that even in Israel he had never found faith like this! So, in the one Gospel story where Jesus encountered people sharing what we would call a 'gay relationship,' we see him simply concerned about and deeply moved by their faith and love." Kelly implies that Jesus' sensitivity towards the gay couple might have arisen from his own bisexual or homosexual orientation

Banned
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2199707]The reality of life is that in general, gays are proud of their filthy lives, they try to convince everyone that what they are doing really isn't a sin, and they therefore cannot repent. The Bible teaches (and experience shows) that God has given up on homosexuals. In Romans 1, it says that God has given them up to uncleanness, to vile affections, and to a reprobate mind. These perverts who are given up by God are hated by God, they will never have hope, they will continue to live as workers of iniquity, they will never have any interest in repenting (and indeed, they CAN'T repent, because it's impossible to repent of something that you're proud of), they will die in their sins, and they will burn in hell for all eternity. The only way that a person can come to Christ is if the Father draws him (John 6:44). If the only power in the universe that can draw someone to repentance is God, and God has given that person up, then that person has absolutely no hope. In fact, this is true for most of mankind, because Christ taught that most of mankind goes to hell (Matthew 7:13,14), and is therefore not drawn by God; but it is especially true for gays/lesbians, who are singled out in Romans 1 as the most perverse form of idolatrous sinners.

To wit:

* Sexual Sadism - involves people who are sexually aroused by causing the psychological or physical suffering of a victim (e.g., "restraint, blindfolding, paddling, spanking, whipping, pinching, beating, burning, electrical shocks, rape, cutting, stabbing, strangulation, torture, mutilation, or killing").[/QUOTE]

Man, you truly need to be admitted to a nut house. Do you even read some of the sh*t you post?