Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

Thread: The fans lost the game for the Jets

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Jersey Shore
    Posts
    3,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs down The fans lost the game for the Jets

    For starters this looked like a home game for the Redskins. I've never seen that many visiting team fans at a Jets home game in my life, and the Skins are not even a division rival.

    You could have heard a pin drop in that place until the 4th quarter, which is approximately when the entire stadium emptied out and it was 70% Skins fans and 30% Jets fans. What normal fan leaves when your "franchise" QB is making his first start at home in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes left in a 3 point game?

    Redskins fans all around me were laughing hysterically as they were saying I can't believe all you fans leave with the game on the line like this. Who can disagree. Don't blame it on the 1-8 record either because this happens regularly, it was just heightened today.

    For the fans that were at the game they showed no emotion while Washington had the ball. There is a reason why teams play better at home. The home team fans have a positive impact on the game for the home team, and a negative impact on the game for the visiting team. That is unless you are a fan of the Jets, of course!

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not going to be lectured about fan support from a guy who spends his entire half-time and part of the third quarter in the Gate DD spirals.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like
    since when do the fans call the plays?

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance99 View Post
    For starters this looked like a home game for the Redskins. I've never seen that many visiting team fans at a Jets home game in my life, and the Skins are not even a division rival.

    You could have heard a pin drop in that place until the 4th quarter, which is approximately when the entire stadium emptied out and it was 70% Skins fans and 30% Jets fans. What normal fan leaves when your "franchise" QB is making his first start at home in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes left in a 3 point game?

    Redskins fans all around me were laughing hysterically as they were saying I can't believe all you fans leave with the game on the line like this. Who can disagree. Don't blame it on the 1-8 record either because this happens regularly, it was just heightened today.

    For the fans that were at the game they showed no emotion while Washington had the ball. There is a reason why teams play better at home. The home team fans have a positive impact on the game for the home team, and a negative impact on the game for the visiting team. That is unless you are a fan of the Jets, of course!
    While agree there were too many Wash fans, you can't be serious

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why didnt jesus show up to help the defense sack

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Jersey Shore
    Posts
    3,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound View Post
    I'm not going to be lectured about fan support from a guy who spends his entire half-time and part of the third quarter in the Gate DD spirals.
    The gate D spirals are reserved for perverts like you.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Jersey Shore
    Posts
    3,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Why didnt jesus show up to help the defense sack
    Heck, he doesn't even like this team. The man has wisdom.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance99 View Post
    The gate D spirals are reserved for perverts like you.
    Ok buddy, next time I'll pretend you're not there waving beads and singles.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fans didn't cost us the game... the jews did.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WARREN,R.I.
    Posts
    1,029
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance99 View Post
    Heck, he doesn't even like this team. The man has wisdom.
    His Dad if a Pat fan

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell are you talking about?

    My entire section, in unison, said 9 Hail Mary's, 6 Our Father's, 3 Apostle's Creed's and I personally read aloud my favorite passages from the Gospel According to Luke.

    Even the Muslims in my section chanted along.

    And those freaking Redskins fans said ONE measly "Rub-a-dub-thanks for the Grub--Yeah God" and they won.

    What up with that?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin View Post
    The fans didn't cost us the game... the jews did.
    I thought I could smell conspiracy as soon as I entered the parking lot.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WARREN,R.I.
    Posts
    1,029
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I thought I could smell conspiracy as soon as I entered the parking lot.
    It wasn't pork you were smellin

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    The team is 1-8 and at this point needs to win the casual fans back. Sure us diehards will be there but can you really expect the average fan to want to hang around a team that cant stop the run and cant score?

    We gave up over 200 yards rushing and scored 10 offensive points. I do not blame the average fan for wanting to leave under these circumstances.

    The Jets are 1-8 and have only themselves to blame.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bethel, CT
    Posts
    11,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    the JETS have never had a home field advantage, even when they won the superbowl

    they went from the polo grounds, to shea, to giants stadium

    get used to it, it's only going to get worse

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WARREN,R.I.
    Posts
    1,029
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The team is 1-8 and at this point needs to win the casual fans back. Sure us diehards will be there but can you really expect the average fan to want to hang around a team that cant stop the run and cant score?

    We gave up over 200 yards rushing and scored 10 offensive points. I do not blame the average fan for wanting to leave under these circumstances.

    The Jets are 1-8 and have only themselves to blame.
    Still my team,,it's not like we have'nt been here before...We're CURSED!! Namath should have reared some sons..Like Archie Manning

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,462
    Post Thanks / Like
    there was never at any point in the game more skins fans than jets fans. i dont' know what game you were watching. it was pretty dead though. but what do you expect, when your team is 1-7, and your defense sucks. us making more noise, wouldn't help them get a sack.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    7,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance99 View Post
    Heck, he doesn't even like this team. The man has wisdom.
    Jesus is a Saints fan.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    7,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?

    My entire section, in unison, said 9 Hail Mary's, 6 Our Father's, 3 Apostle's Creed's and I personally read aloud my favorite passages from the Gospel According to Luke.

    Even the Muslims in my section chanted along.

    And those freaking Redskins fans said ONE measly "Rub-a-dub-thanks for the Grub--Yeah God" and they won.

    What up with that?
    Thats a funny post.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Jersey Shore
    Posts
    3,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin View Post
    The fans didn't cost us the game... the jews did.
    LOL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us