Thread: Well, well, well; 3 holes in the ground

Well, well, well; 3 holes in the ground

I am amazed that people on this board expected different results with Clemens? What we saw yesterday is what Mangini has been saying all year and that is that there are a LOT of problems on this team it is just not one person. Clemens does need to be in there if only to determine if he is a starting NFL QB who can lead this team. But the issues continue to abound on this team:

-Drob: was again pushed around like he weighed 100 pounds. His performance has been so bad this year that the Jets just need to consider letting him go.

-Receivers: Even with Coles in there our receivers are decent but we have not BIG downfield threat. We need a speedster over 6 feet/

-Running Back: I want Washington in there every play. Jones is not a big play yardage back

-L/B: We do not have any physical players on the line or at LB and teams are not afraid of anyone on defense.

How many times are we going to allow teams to get over 100 yards rushing. The conservative play calling also made me scratch my head but this is the Jets and by now I guess we should all be used to this.

Banned
    These are all new and refreshing thoughts... thanks for sharing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Your post title makes no sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Me neither. Then I read it a few times. 3 holes in the ground? Preceded by well, well, well. Is he digging 3 wells for water? Is water the key to the Jets problems? There has to be some deeper meaning that I'm missing...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I am amazed that people on this board expected different results with Clemens? What we saw yesterday is what Mangini has been saying all year and that is that there are a LOT of problems on this team it is just not one person. Clemens does need to be in there if only to determine if he is a starting NFL QB who can lead this team.
    That's precisely why Clemens is in there. The Jets could win the next 7 games and it wouldn't matter, because no playoffs this year--for certain (obvious).

And we did get a somewhat different result. We came from behind and went into OT. Chad would have never brought them back to force OT. The Skins would've iced the game for sure on the last Jets drive.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Me neither. Then I read it a few times. 3 holes in the ground? Preceded by well, well, well. Is he digging 3 wells for water? Is water the key to the Jets problems? There has to be some deeper meaning that I'm missing...
    I thought he was just going to the fourth tee box and posting from his Blackberry

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentmorris View Post
    That's precisely why Clemens is in there. The Jets could win the next 7 games and it wouldn't matter, because no playoffs this year--for certain (obvious).

And we did get a somewhat different result. We came from behind and went into OT. Chad would have never brought them back to force OT. The Skins would've iced the game for sure on the last Jets drive.
    please stop. Chad is gone. Leave him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    It does if he's refering to a naked lady lying on the ground.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I was thinking that the three holes obviously refer to a fourth and/or possibly fifth hole that could be the hole we use to put the dirt from the first three holes. Of course, that hole would have to be much, much bigger than the others so it might look a little obtuse. But then, (it occurs to me) that the dirt from the fourth and/or fifth hole(s) would still be around and we would have to do something with them.... or maybe he means if we dig a bunch of holes in the Meadowlands field, we might actually stop a running offense. Who knows...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    please stop. Chad is gone. Leave him alone.
    I'm not attacking Chad at all.

Just defending the idea that things would be different with Clemens starting--and BIG SURPRISE --it was yesterday (sort of.)

But alas our D and OL still pretty much suck.

Wow, is JI putting Mods on dump quota this week?

Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    Good idea! - DUMP...

Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    Want to see if we're on Ban Quota too?