Thread: What gets Mangini Fired? 1-15? 2-14?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

What gets Mangini Fired? 1-15? 2-14?

The last time a Jets coach lost control of his team like this was when Pete Carroll coached the team. He got fired. When Kotite went 1-15, he was fired (and he shoul've been fired when he went 3-13).

I'm just asking- and it's a fair question- but do you just unquestionably bring Mangini back if we end up 1-15 or 2-14? Or do we say last year was a fluke and try and get Cowher?

Or have we all just drank the Cool-Aid and it don't matter what the record is, mangini comes bck no matter what?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loved Mangini last year, I thought he had a great approach to the team and was really committed to a long haul with some successful years as the Jets HC.

I don't know what happened to him in the offseason, but he seems like a completely different coach this year. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt no matter what our record is this year... although Cowher would be tempting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I loved Mangini last year, I thought he had a great approach to the team and was really committed to a long haul with some successful years as the Jets HC.

I don't know what happened to him in the offseason, but he seems like a completely different coach this year. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt no matter what our record is this year... although Cowher would be tempting.
    I'm with you. We can only hope he reevaluates his performance after this season and realizes the difference. He's coaching like he's scared. Last year it was "I'm the new sheriff in town, and I don't give a sh*t if you like it or not".. Y'know, now he's actually coaching like he's on the hot seat..

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Mangini gets a free pass for this year by Woody. I think with the relationship between Tannenbaum and Mangini if you get rid of one you have to get rid of the other.

I'm disappointed in Mangini and the defense. Mangini spent a lot of time in the 3rd quarter with his back to the field while he was talking with the defensive players and coaches. Whatever he told them obviously didn't help as the Skins ran all over us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by regen View Post
    The last time a Jets coach lost control of his team like this was when Pete Carroll coached the team. He got fired. When Kotite went 1-15, he was fired (and he shoul've been fired when he went 3-13).

I'm just asking- and it's a fair question- but do you just unquestionably bring Mangini back if we end up 1-15 or 2-14? Or do we say last year was a fluke and try and get Cowher?

Or have we all just drank the Cool-Aid and it don't matter what the record is, mangini comes bck no matter what?
    Stop saying he lost control of the team... Look at the last 4 games under Carroll (After the Dolphin debacle)

Lost 24-13, 18-7, 21-6, and 24-10

Look at the games they've lost this year on their current 6 game losing streak.

L 17-14 (Pennington throws Game ending INT with less than 3 min Left)
    L 35-24 (Pennington throws game ending Pick-6 with 3 min left)
    L 16-9 (Jets can't convert from 2nd and 1 at the Philly 4 with 4 min left)
    L 38-31 (Pennington throws Game ending pick-6 with less than 2 min left)
    L 13-3 (Jets give up 85 Yard fluke TD with 5 min left)
    L 23-20 (Jets can't get into field goal range after having 1st and 10 on Washington 42 Yard line)

This is not a team that's lost control, this is a team that can't finish. If the Jets get blown out of some games (other than the Pats, who are blowing out everyone who's not the Colts), then there's concerns of the team quitting/losing control. But the Jets have been every game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heading for the one-day dump record!