Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul just rendered media generated polls obsolete.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2199589]you're right...I don't get it....we'll keep trying to nail RuPaul and you'll just find another hysterical way to justify his actions...[/QUOTE]

Just curious, do you support any single candidate for the presidency?

flushingjet
    [quote=jefethegreat;2199552]Dr. Paul is great is because his arguments are back up by facts and research. Dr. Paul's voting record is flawless. He does not take corporate donations and he is the only candidate who fully and truly respects the constitution.

On his foreign policy, he believes we need to bring the guns home. We need to make peace with nations even if we do not agree. He believes force is a last resort and that only congress can declare war.

On the economy, he is the only politican answering real problems with real answers. Inflation, the housing market, lack of industry, Social Security, Boarder control, deficit spending, welfare.

Bottom Line: Dr. Paul is consistently right about issues across the board. What people have to realize is, it is not Paul's foreign policy that is exciting, it is the opportunities it bring to the domestic agenda.[/quote]

where have i heard / read this before?

oh yeah....just substitute "moon" for "paul"

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;2199703]Just curious, do you support any single candidate for the presidency?[/QUOTE]

there are a few I like...but don't really support any of them at this time....have to see how it shakes out...

sort of like the draft- there are players I like but to say I want the Jets to draft player "xyz" at this point would be absurd....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;2198803]Ron Paul is the only candidate with serious money that can prevent WWIII. The other candidates (incl. Hillary and Obama) want more war and occupation, and that will only intensify Russia and Iran's dislike of American policy, and that will only increase the chance of blowback.[/QUOTE]

Russia has two commodities, Nuclear weapons and Oil. Iran has one Oil. What makes you think they want a stable world? The instability and terriorism has jacked up the price of their only cash crop. Regardless of what we do the incentive to kill Americans is based not only in idealogy but in economics. Surrender will not work.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron Paul Sets Fund Raising History

[url]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9094253268916402708&q=you[/url] +tube+ron+paul+11&total=1178&start=0&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=0

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron Paul: Leader of the Pack

[QUOTE]His supporters are dedicated and highly motivated, and are taking action on their own. They aren't waiting for orders from headquarters. They are tearing down the walls, challenging the establishment, the status quo. Ron Paul's message of hope, peace and freedom is resonating. He said, ďOur crowds are diverse. Freedom unites. [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_dana_gab_071105_ron_paul_3a_leader_of_.htm[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=BrooklynBound;2198683]I am certainly biased but I’ve already said I don’t think he will win – I just think his support is underestimated by people here. Money matters – and he’s got it. His poll numbers will go up when he’s able to buy advertising through traditional avenues. I think him or someone of his ilk will be very promising in the next election since he will have a “carryover” effect.

. I’m definitely passionate about him, [B]I’ve just never found a candidate who held personal views but felt it freedom trumped legislating morality.[/B] I’ve seen no evidence that he favors any special interest groups or promoting the machine – and I can’t say that about any other major candidate. But okay, I will put together his issues in my own words when I get out of work tonight.[/quote]

Odd, given his stance on abortion . . . what I see in Ron Paul is an extreme right winger, against free trade agreements, against the UN, in favor of allowing firearms into national parks. He's well off to the right on most issues, and I wouldn't consider him for half a second in an election.
    Last edited by doggin94it; 11-07-2007 at 10:49 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you elaborate on your point regarding Free Trade?

I have heard him say that we can trade with Iraq. We now trade with Vietnam after being in a war with them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2200095]Can you elaborate on your point regarding Free Trade?

I have heard him say that we can trade with Iraq. We now trade with Vietnam after being in a war with them.[/QUOTE]

Is that what you think "Free Trade" means?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2200072]Odd, given his stance on abortion . . . what I see in Ron Paul is an extreme right winger, against free trade agreements, against the UN, in favor of allowing firearms into national parks. He's well off to the right on most issues, and I wouldn't consider him for half a second in an election.[/QUOTE]

Paul is personally pro-life but he is against a federal ban on it. He believes it is a state issue. You will always find politiciansí who hold personal view but all you can ask for is that they donít legislate their moral perspectives. Heís not anti-free trade, either. I canít think of a major candidate who is more free trade than he is.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2200143]He believes it is a state issue.[/QUOTE]

It IS a State Issue. The Federal Govt. has simply "stolen" it, as they have with many issues that should be State Controlled/Legislated.

Until the day comes when the issue of Life before Birth is handled via Constitutional Amendment, it is and should remain a States Rights issue, to legislate and handle as the States see fit.

By teh way Brook, you know how I know you've lost some objectivity when it comes to Paul? Any other day, in any other thread, you'd crush JD for equating Free Trade to Trading with Iraq.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2200101]Is that what you think "Free Trade" means?[/QUOTE]

I think 'Free Trade' means equalizing the barriers so that trade can flow smoothly. Something that is clearly not in place today.

The NAFTA disaster included

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2200101]Is that what you think "Free Trade" means?[/QUOTE]

Free trade means letting the free-market decide the price of imports and exports. Not Trade Agreements with the word 'free' in them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2200163]I think 'Free Trade' means equalizing the barriers so that trade can flow smoothly. Something that is clearly not in place today.

The NAFTA disaster included[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on NAFTA. But what concerns me about Mr. Paul is his isolation ideas. Unfortunately we cannot withdraw from the world. We are living in very unstable times and withdrawing into cacoon will not make them better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat;2200348]Free trade means letting the free-market decide the price of imports and exports. [B]Not Trade Agreements with the word 'free' in them.[/B][/QUOTE]

That's great....:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2197781]Well, his support is growing every day - so it's silly to marginalize him at this point, although he won't win. I've already addressed this though in this thread, read up.[/QUOTE]

Even you admit he wont win.

Isn't that in essence marginalizing him?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2200349]I agree with you on NAFTA. But what concerns me about Mr. Paul is his isolation ideas. Unfortunately we cannot withdraw from the world. We are living in very unstable times and withdrawing into cacoon will not make them better.[/QUOTE]

He does not have isolationist ideas, he wants to bring the guns home and close military bases. Paul wants to trade with all nations. How in there right mind could a country attack us if our consumers are sustaining there economy AND we were not messing in there internal affairs? They couldn't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2200349]I agree with you on NAFTA. But what concerns me about Mr. Paul is his isolation ideas. Unfortunately we cannot withdraw from the world. We are living in very unstable times and withdrawing into cacoon will not make them better.[/QUOTE]

He is not an isolationist. He advocates cutting the 'cost' of the Empire. Meaning that foreign policy has to change as that is a major portion of the federal budget.

We do not need to police the world particularly since the Armed Forces is all volunteer and no [B]nation[/B] will dare attack us. We have bases all over the world and that is no longer necessary.

We need to maintain our infrastructure here at home to increase [B]US[/B] national security. Charity begins at home and with the current adminsitration's policies causing all types of harm to our currency, having no energy policy except 5 dollars a gallon, borrowing money to pay for a war we did not need and such the USA needs to get back to basics.

Following our constitution and not engaging in foreign entanglements that become costly for us is a good place for us to start and will keep taxes low. The extra benefit is it keeps or makes gov't smaller.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

RON PAUL ON MSNBC Nov 06

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LYp7_fCyZo[/url]

flushingjet
    who wrote this in his newsletter a while back.
    guess away!

[I]The right of secession should be ingrained in a free society. There is nothing sacred about large units of government. And there is nothing wrong with loosely banding together small units of government. With the disintegration of the Soviet Union, we too should consider it. Why not think about getting rid of the federal government, returning to the system of our Founders and breaking up the United States into smaller government units?" [/I]

[I]"If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be." [/I]
    [I]
    "Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e., support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action."

"Politically sensible blacks are outnumbered as decent people... I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city [Washington] are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."

"We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such."

"By far the most powerful lobby in Washington of the bad sort is the Israeli government and that the goal of the Zionist movement is to stifle criticism." [/I]