Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ron Paul just rendered media generated polls obsolete.

flushingjet
    [quote=sackdance;2201742]4% of likely NH GOP primary voters. Anyone care to guess what % of that 4% are newly registered and have not now, nor ever, any interest in the Republican party? I'd say at least half.

Making a change![/quote]

yup, you cant marginalize anyone already at the
    fringe of a margin

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat;2200617]He does not have isolationist ideas, he wants to bring the guns home and close military bases. Paul wants to trade with all nations. How in there right mind could a country attack us if our consumers are sustaining there economy AND we were not messing in there internal affairs? They couldn't.[/QUOTE]

He's one of those libertarians who prefers to stand aside and preen about his intellectual purity, all while letting the pretty good be the enemy of the perfect. It reminds me of my father...when he retired, he talked all about how he was going to spend a lot of his time figuring out how to best help different Catholic charities and things. Many months later, he hadn't done anything and we all asked him why. He'd go on and on about how this charity wasn't Catholic enough or that they were the wrong kind of Catholic, etc. Or he'd go on and on about how he thought a proper Catholic charity should run in an ideal world. And what we took away from it was that he hadn't done anything and that it was an easy way for him to rationalize his inaction...to simply accuse all of the practical options of impurity.

flushingjet
    [quote=Jetdawgg;2201916][URL]http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2007/11/06/the-ron-paul-juggernaut/?ncid=NWS00010000000001[/URL]

[B]The Ron Paul Juggernaut[/B]

[B]Traffic History Graph for ronpaul2008.com[/B]
    [URL]http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/ronpaul2008.com?site0=ronpaul2008.com&site1=joinrudy2008.com&site2=&site3=&site4=&h=300&w=610&h=400&w=700&z=3&range=6m&size=Medium&y=r&z=3&url=ronpaul2008.com[/URL]

[B]Ron Paul now a frontrunner, in the race to win it[/B]

[URL]http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=154392[/URL][/quote]

i thought it was usa today, aka "mcpaper"
    but its [I][B]usa daily[/B][/I].

which department of rupaul hq does that server run out of?

the anti-semitic or anti-people-of-color subbasement?
    Last edited by flushingjet; 11-08-2007 at 01:03 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever;2201950]He's one of those libertarians who prefers to stand aside and preen about his intellectual purity, all while letting the pretty good be the enemy of the perfect. It reminds me of my father...when he retired, he talked all about how he was going to spend a lot of his time figuring out how to best help different Catholic charities and things. Many months later, he hadn't done anything and we all asked him why. He'd go on and on about how this charity wasn't Catholic enough or that they were the wrong kind of Catholic, etc. Or he'd go on and on about how he thought a proper Catholic charity should run in an ideal world. And what we took away from it was that he hadn't done anything and that it was an easy way for him to rationalize his inaction...to simply accuse all of the practical options of impurity.[/QUOTE]

His philosophical stances wouldn't even be acheivable if he were President. All he would be is a check on the Congress, which is exactly what we need, not a power-hungry megalomaniac warmonger.